• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

The core plate is the same.
So if the disc is 170 class, its def a gyro rim.

All it really means is that there is weight compound in the rim, which there is.
Ummm yes and no and I don't know, haha but yeah the core is the same.... what concerns me is the density of the rim, maybe that's why they added the metal flakes.

I know or vaguely remember issues with the Axiom line not having the same density on the rim as whatever black material MVP uses, they were concerned about a slightly reduced gyro effect. Seems to me my prism envy turns way too easily out of the box and didn't necessarily fade back out like normal, and didnt fly as far... not a bad putter but not an approach disc for me.

Hence my hypothesis less gyro on a Prism disc.

Now the fission 155s I have had are reasonable envys. I disliked the first on I had that was a little domey, the other one I have has a lower or more regular shoulder. It took a little while but it's growing on me. It didn't fly like I expected/hoped (wanted neutral) but it maintains its stable flight a lot better than my 174g prism.

Last edited:
Rim color, not plate color.
Gotta watch the rim colors.

Mine is practically unthrowable. but its a lab second, so I give it a slight pass.

But I have bricks that fly further.
Got a yellow with the Chartreuse rim so it should be fine.

You have a super beefy one? If you wanna unload it PM me.

Yeah I always packed something slow I like the tweeners, i usually pack one. rately two. The stalker was solid, I've been kinda looking for that in the mvp line but I'm happy with their extra far mids. I like something I can power down, lots of time as a kid with a driver playing with the one disc I owned haha, I can make a neutral driver do some tricks.

The rhythm has ticked a lot of boxes for me. The turn and fade is solid, but not too much of either with some good glide. I used to love the switch for that, these are better, a little less finicky on the almost flat angles. Sometimes it turns more than I think but rides back, sometimes it doesn't turn enough but rides a stalling hyzer fade. Usually close enough to where I want it. I can use it for pitch in hyzer get outta jail shots even at 100'.
What is your lowest and highest weight fission rhythm, and what is the turn difference between the two. I'm going to be picking up a fission soon, my previous one was 167 G some nice turn but a struggle with too much turn into the ground I'm kind of thinking something heavier in the 170s to knock off some of the turn.

What is your lowest and highest weight fission rhythm, and what is the turn difference between the two. I'm going to be picking up a fission soon, my previous one was 167 G some nice turn but a struggle with too much turn into the ground I'm kind of thinking something heavier in the 170s to knock off some of the turn.
I have a 152 g, a 158 g, and a 165-ish in fission plastic. My heaviest the 165 G is slightly more turny than my Neutron 160 G with a lower plh and some Dome. I haven't tried anything heavier yet.

My favourite do all rhythm is the 160g flat top SE, high plh, it took some time to beat in from straight to fade, but now it has acquired an extra 15' of glide and rides a very tight s BH or FH. It is still beefier than my 165g fission and is also more turn resistant than my 172g circuits.

Hmm I think I lied, I have a 153 and a 158, not sure where or if I have a heavy fission or where it went. 🤔 but I'm also buttoning up stuff for the snow that's coming down, and maybe going to move by 4x4 to the bottom close to the road. I will keep an eye out but I'm seriously doubting myself if I have a heavy one, and if I do I haven't thrown it in months. I know I gave a light one away to a senior discing local Legend, and I do mean local and legend in the local sense. Damn I think he's pushing 76. But that was a 155ish

I wonder what I think it looks like, if I remember that I know whether or not it actually exists. F*** I got rhythm stashed everywhere and all my vehicles with some kind of awesome Envy, I know my backup OTB soft is in the truck with a sunburst red neutron 167ish, and I have a prototype glow envy in the van with a couple circuits, and a 4th disc... if I move my truck I will look in the van I think that's where it might be.

Hey @lee76007 if you don't have one try a flat top neutron around 167-170 and see. My 174 flat top L2 2nd run are really beefy. Pair it up, don't trade in the fission yet.

@Moose33 I want video!

Last edited:
Hmm I think I lied, I have a 153 and a 158, not sure where or if I have a heavy fission or where it went. 🤔 but I'm also buttoning up stuff for the snow that's coming down, and maybe going to move by 4x4 to the bottom close to the road. I will keep an eye out but I'm seriously doubting myself if I have a heavy one, and if I do I haven't thrown it in months. I know I gave a light one away to a senior discing local Legend, and I do mean local and legend in the local sense. Damn I think he's pushing 76. But that was a 155ish

I wonder what I think it looks like, if I remember that I know whether or not it actually exists. F*** I got rhythm stashed everywhere and all my vehicles with some kind of awesome Envy, I know my backup OTB soft is in the truck with a sunburst red neutron 167ish, and I have a prototype glow envy in the van with a couple circuits, and a 4th disc... if I move my truck I will look in the van I think that's where it might be.

Hey @lee76007 if you don't have one try a flat top neutron around 167-170 and see. My 174 flat top L2 2nd run are really beefy. Pair it up, don't trade in the fission yet.

@Moose33 I want video!

I"m throwing the proto's from the gyro packs. man they good.

But I got a max weight one in my bag, no flip whatsoever unless there is a headwind, and expect a 2 to 3 fade on the finish.

I did find one in our used disc bin, brand new, someone must have threw it once and noticed. I did right away. Looked like a resistor, but it was a rhythm. haha Grabbed the resistor out of my bag, perfect match. hahaha.

The Rhythm has not been the best molded disc I've seen from MVP. Even the circuit stuff was a bit wonkey. Of all that came for my event, they were all super flippy except for like 3. ... And of course the guy who likes flippiest stuff in the world got an overstable one, and the guy who hates flippy stuff cause he throws like a turd with his high power air bounce, got a super flippy one. doh.

I posted a video of mine when I got it. it was such easy hyzer flips. no effort 300's cause it was so understable.

Ummm yes and no and I don't know, haha but yeah the core is the same.... what concerns me is the density of the rim, maybe that's why they added the metal flakes.

No idea with the metal flake stuff.

The weight in the rims is from an add in powder to weight them. So, there should never be that issue.

However the density thing is something I brought up years ago and everyone laughed at me. Cause... Gotta be plastics that make the stability, not the rim colors cooling at different rates...

But yeah, some of the older rims were definitely different levels of durability. I remember seeing some of the cream colored ones just shred away in a round. I got some red ones here that seem like they are impossible to damage.

There was a round of bad MVP rims though where they were just stupid soft for some reason. I remember getting a Wave and throwing it and finding a cut in the rim like I threw it into a razor blade. Throwing in the grass, but... its got a huge 1/2 inch deep cut into the rim at an angle? that makes no sense. Must have been iron leaf grass or something in that field.

I struggle to keep up with a lot of this weird stuff now unless its discs I enjoy.
the MVP shelf in our store is empty, there is nothing we can order on the order form. But yet, all these cutsie things keep coming out. Stop. stop stop stop.

Get your stock back in order, get your warehouse in order, get your fucking logistics fixed and get it so we can order discs. As a brick and mortar store its almost impossible to get any level of decent stock from MVP because you're treated poorly compared to guys like DFX or infinite discs, cause they get first crack, priority and better pricing. All because of their order levels.

Instead, we got a possibility of some mega star coming to MVP with everyone's shelves being empty, no discs to order to fill those shelves so .. ya know, fk all the retailers.

But omg, check out these new fancy discs guys. We know we cant get our stock back up in order so you can keep selling products, but ... here is this one disc we've basically wasted 4 machines on for 3 months so we could do this cool shit.

Good lord, its 530am and I'm bitching already.

Sorry, I love the innovation, but fucking hell, don't pull this cool new shit thing when you cannot even manage your "normal shit" thing. Cause of course then you get idiots asking for dumb discs like "electron matrix."

What disc you say? The disc NOBODY asked for?
Yep.
And who throws matrix now? Almost nobody.

Watt go straight.

Spin go roller if you dont know what your doing.
Okay but for those of us that DO know what we're doing, the electron spin can be worked on some pretty straight lines, even out to 230' or so - it just has a bit of turn along the way that the Watt doesn't. I'm curious if the premium plastic ones are straighter...

I wasn't super impressed with the electron, my first and main spin is a 167-9g sparkle proton... the electron had more glide and a lot more turn, the proton tends to drop a little faster but fly a much straighter line. I found premium plastic more stable but easier to throw on a hyzer and get a dead straight flight without a flip over. Picked up an R2 174g spin it drops even faster but the flight seems about the same, little more stable but the sparkle proton has been in use for about 5yrs +. I'd throw the R2 more if it was 5g lighter.

I can bomb the spin out flat with decent spin it will always turn anhyzer, the Watt flies straight on a flat throw but it will follow an anhyzer angle it just needs a bit more juice to hold it. The spin flips up from a 30 degree hyzer, the Watt does not. The Watt I have is 166g and I'm thinking I'd like to try one 5g heavier to limit the anny wander as it breaks in, try to keep that ootb feel.

Agreed about the rhythm mold up, those initial neutron circuit series were all pretty understable and domey compared to any new one I've got. Luckily I think I can replace with Fission if necessary... and then get more of the flat top newer runs to complement. I think they intended to have a flatter top on them.

I wasn't super impressed with the electron, my first and main spin is a 167-9g sparkle proton... the electron had more glide and a lot more turn, the proton tends to drop a little faster but fly a much straighter line. I found premium plastic more stable but easier to throw on a hyzer and get a dead straight flight without a flip over. Picked up an R2 174g spin it drops even faster but the flight seems about the same, little more stable but the sparkle proton has been in use for about 5yrs +. I'd throw the R2 more if it was 5g lighter.

I can bomb the spin out flat with decent spin it will always turn anhyzer, the Watt flies straight on a flat throw but it will follow an anhyzer angle it just needs a bit more juice to hold it. The spin flips up from a 30 degree hyzer, the Watt does not. The Watt I have is 166g and I'm thinking I'd like to try one 5g heavier to limit the anny wander as it breaks in, try to keep that ootb feel.

Agreed about the rhythm mold up, those initial neutron circuit series were all pretty understable and domey compared to any new one I've got. Luckily I think I can replace with Fission if necessary... and then get more of the flat top newer runs to complement. I think they intended to have a flatter top on them.
My main Watt is Max weight, and pretty much holds any line I put it on, unless I'm too gentle on an anhyzer, then it'll fade back to straight.

I've got a lighter one, but I'm saving it for a dye job.

Okay but for those of us that DO know what we're doing, the electron spin can be worked on some pretty straight lines, even out to 230' or so - it just has a bit of turn along the way that the Watt doesn't. I'm curious if the premium plastic ones are straighter...
They have all flown the same to me except the electron ones fly funny, cause they damage to easily. The R2 might be a tad more flippy. R2 plastic is weird cause it has weight compound from recycling in the plates, so the balance on all of them is strange.

I just never cared to throw the spin that far because other discs generally do it better and the spin was to touchy to bother with. The only time we ever threw threw spins was for funzies cause it was so hard to throw them longer distances. "Who's got the control today" sort of thing.

Can I do it? sure, but if it came to flippy putters throwing like that, I'd rather throw a Wedge than a spin.

Spin was long distance putting, utility and rollers.

Spin is one of the best backhand rolling putters. You can do some fun trickshots with it too.

The watt just does more with less effort. Except rollers. Spin is putter roller king.

The Watt I have is 166g and I'm thinking I'd like to try one 5g heavier to limit the anny wander as it breaks in, try to keep that ootb feel.
167ish goes nice and straight.

The max weight ones have a smidge of fade to them.

I really do enjoy my MVP stuff in the 165 to 168 range though.

Duno if anyone is watching the instagram stupidity going on.

But I hope this has nothing to do with Eagle. I'm just so over it at the moment.

It's random pixilated blue blocks, many of which seem to have parts of the Axiom logo.

It's random pixilated blue blocks, many of which seem to have parts of the Axiom logo.
@Sheep tell me more haha I don't do instagram

they were only doing 1 line per day for however many days this is.

So the comments everywhere were how it was for Eagle, and blah blah, and everyone shoehorning every theory possible and making up the dumbest things.

I don't particularly care for this "slow burn" style stuff in disc golf. This was something MVP has done a few times when bananna man ran things and it worked a bit better with the smaller fan base, but now the intelligence level of comments in the MVP crowd can be a bit... brain damaging to read.

Anyways, it was all of that to announce the pixel.

After the second line you could clearly tell it was the A from one of the Axiom logo's, and people are trying to say it was an E. or "there is a tail there, for eagle!"

Plus streamline has some weird hashtag on their page too which has everyone loosing their minds.

Maybe its my age, but some of this hype stuff now days is really elementary school level shit and not very professional.

Then now we got someone claiming to be Eagles caddy who says MVP is going to pay him so much money and making all these statements.
You mean, "how to loose your job 101" ??

IT's at the point where people pretend everything, its the internet.

Like when Bodanza got that comment on his video and he thought it was MVP commenting. That was not MVP commenting. The account was literally created that day, they made wrong statements that anyone at MVP wouldn't make. And all MVP staff/members make comments with official accounts.

I tried to talk to him about it, but ... he just wasn't interested in chatting sadly. He did at least read it and give me a 1 word reply. but he had already made 2 video's hyping that crap up.

I really hate the internet.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    577.3 KB · Views: 0
looks like I got some of that leak information wrong.

The guy on reddit "claims" his source was a top 3 player.

Ricky told you?
My ass Ricky told you.

So I think the joke was Ricky's caddy told the guy.

Nobody gonna spill beans this time, Simon wasn't upset a his thing before, but nobody is going to be told this time.

Ricky made statement saying it wasn't his caddy that said anything.

These poor disc golfers.
If they only knew the NDA's I have to deal with through work. They all wanna feel so special on info and stuff. its just boring at this point reading their drivel.

(Yes, I know ya'll feel that way about my shit)

Most of my other NDA's have expired, like working for apple, etc. But all the current industry stuff is frustrating. Cause I'm handling and touching billion+ dollar projects and .. it's sooooooooo effing cool.
Cant say anything.

I can tell you basically thing like "when this comes out, you'll want to buy one."

I got prototypes here at the house right now, the only 3 in existence. and I can't tell anyone, not even my wife. She's not even allowed to see them.

Latest posts