• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

Yeah if he can throw a signal and a wave the Servo could be a nice understable carving disc for him, I think as the stability breaks out and it wears in it may not do what he hopes but who knows.

That volt, terra slot concerns me, I don't think it will be filled by the Servo, he's obviously looking for a PD kinda thing. One of those flat rhythms would do it, one of the domeys will not haha. Kinda luck of the draw which stability of rhythm/tesla/Volt/crave he ended up trying out. Kinda surprised the Crave isn't for him... but I wasn't a huge fan of it either. I liked the shout out for the wave as well..

Yeah if he can throw a signal and a wave the
That volt, terra slot concerns me, I don't think it will be filled by the Servo, he's obviously looking for a PD kinda thing. One of those flat rhythms would do it, one of the domeys will not haha. Kinda luck of the draw which stability of rhythm/tesla/Volt/crave he ended up trying out. Kinda surprised the Crave isn't for him... but I wasn't a huge fan of it either. I liked the shout out for the wave as well..
The beefiest Rhythm will be flippier than the flippiest PD. PD is also considerably faster.

Tesla is as close to a PD as any gyro disc I've thrown but they really don't have an equivalent. Never thrown a Wrath.

Yeah it's going to be a fun ride, I like his choices.. I think he should throw an electron envy in there. 😄 His benched and bagged mix is pretty solid. I don't think the Servo will hold up for him in the bag, I don't think it will be stable enough for him especially in the wind... weird that theres no Terra or Volt kind of disc, it's wide open for that plasma tesla to kick some butt if it comes off the bench. I think he's going to focus on fireballs, resistors and the Wrath. I like his hex heavy mid setup. If that electron stabilizer doesn't break in fast enough I think the tempo could also come off the bench easily.
He's not putting with Atoms so I'm not convinced he knows what hes doing.

I've really been enjoying putting with the Atom, I think it's probably the worst possible time to switch to MVP anything since they are hard to find but the slight added wind resistance is helpful.

I've really been enjoying putting with the Atom, I think it's probably the worst possible time to switch to MVP anything since they are hard to find but the slight added wind resistance is helpful.
1010 disc have several electrons in various flavors and one proton remaining I use them about a month ago to pick up a fission rhythm and plasma servo and they were very quick in delivering package in hard cardboard. they seem to have a lot of disc hard to find. I will be using them again.

This is a gift from MVP to James Conrad an Eclipse glitch with a celebration stamp of the Holy shot with the envy. so it's not an Envy. On jomez Brian Earhart presented it to him on behalf of MVP. I like the gripping on eclipses of those I have my bag and a few I didn't pick up. so I can see myself picking up one of these over the eclipse rim r2. I like the grip on the R2 glitch. but I didn't like the nomad r2 that I tried about a year and a half ago.

James and Brian are playing catch with it it's a 160g and over stable. They don't say when it's coming on the market.

Attachments

• 20240209_165139.jpg
    20240209_165139.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Got any neutrons? Which plastic are you using for the atom?

Lol, sheep lecturing someone on brevity....

I do work in the youtubes industry as well. But I get your joke. =)

Yeah it's going to be a fun ride, I like his choices.. I think he should throw an electron envy in there. 😄 His benched and bagged mix is pretty solid. I don't think the Servo will hold up for him in the bag, I don't think it will be stable enough for him especially in the wind... weird that theres no Terra or Volt kind of disc, it's wide open for that plasma tesla to kick some butt if it comes off the bench. I think he's going to focus on fireballs, resistors and the Wrath. I like his hex heavy mid setup. If that electron stabilizer doesn't break in fast enough I think the tempo could also come off the bench easily.

The volt is overrated for starters. and the Terra, I don't even think James throws. That disc is... ugh. I guess if you need a more overstable resistor?

He's looking in the wrath/tesla spot, which covers all those things. The 8 speed line on mvp is honestly kinda worthless.

Were looking at shock, volt, amp. 2 of those are already gone, though the shock was a better volt than the volt ever was.

Also, he is in major lack of undrstanding. the Wrath is a beat in tesla. He thinks its a more overstable tesla.
Though, that's probably because the numbers. they show tesla a a -1/2 and the wrath as a -.5/2
The flight charts even show that.
But they dont fly that way, they all fly like beat in tesla's.
Then again, I rarely have ever seen a tesla fly as a -1/2
They all mostly fly high speed stable. Even when I was throwing 450 foot forehands, tesla's held it no problem. Wraths flipped.

Yes, I'm surprised by the Servo. My 3rd Plasma Servo 166g, less than three weeks feels broken in with an ending turn, back on my favorite list with the Signal. Im sure eagle 🦅 has a vision for it. The Volt would seem to be an easy bag for Eagle 🦅.I rely on it a lot in the woods. I found the Terra disappointing stable, no distance, when I picked up the Rythmn SE more than a year ago bye-bye Terra.

Eagle speaks so fast, I had to rewind a few times. I would liked an extra 5 minutes at least slow it down. I'm going to enjoy his disc knowledge, along with his tournament play, and recognition of disc I throw.

He does have a really good nerdy look at discs and how they fly and the profiles, etc. His MVP knowledge isn't terrible either.

The servo is one of those discs that just gets forgotten. If it was a proper crave complement, it would be better. but it's not.

The volt, again, isn't really a favorable disc for someone who has a lot more control and power. You can do more with a tesla. You can make it fly like a volt, or push it and make it fly like a tesla.

Yeah if he can throw a signal and a wave the Servo could be a nice understable carving disc for him, I think as the stability breaks out and it wears in it may not do what he hopes but who knows.

To bad he's not thrown a proper signal. hahah>
The new ones fly like old relay's do. Almost no flip whatsoever.

The beefiest Rhythm will be flippier than the flippiest PD. PD is also considerably faster.

Tesla is as close to a PD as any gyro disc I've thrown but they really don't have an equivalent. Never thrown a Wrath.

My super beef rhythm still flips. So, I'd agree.

He's not putting with Atoms so I'm not convinced he knows what hes doing.

Atom is so underated.

If you didn't know, or forgot, neutron atom is OOP.

Super old electron that basically feel like electron soft.

I have had a neutron but sadly I don't anymore.
Nice, I had a soft electron SE with the space lady stamp that was one of the craziest soft electron I've ever seen. Gave it my friends daughter.. I've still got a HOC neutron, the atom is a solid choice it definitely doesn't get enough love. It does make me wonder why they dropped neutron Atoms and proton Spin's.. I guess not flying true to numbers?

Yeah PD. FD, DM meh just a bunch of letters I can't keep straight, never threw any DM (or prodigy), the weird collector overpriced cult and alpha-numerical naming system kind of drove me away. I am encouraged to hear the Tesla has a better chance to make Eagles bag as a PD(?) replacement. Such a great disc.

I putt with Electron Atoms. My 'thrower' Atom was Proton until I pulled out a Fission one from my gyro box.

Im low key upset I got this disc because its so good but its so hard to replace lol.

I am loving the Detour for shaping shots in the woods. The tons of glide means I can take some power off of it and still throw a straight shot that has some slight fade at end of flight. Or put a little more power and it is a hyzerflip machine. Also a great turnover disc. I am not a fan of it for open full power shots because the glide makes it harder to control, but it is a beast shaping shots in the woods.

Last edited:
I am loving the Detour for shaping shots in the woods. The tons of glide means I can take some power off of it and still throw a straight shot that has some slight fade at end of flight. Of put a little more poser and it is a hyzerflip machine. Also a great turnover disc. I am not a fan of it for open full poser shots because the glide makes it harder to control, but it is a beast shaping shots in the woods.
That's what I need, a mid-range that will cover multiple shots in the woods. Currently have 5 mid-ranges, and only two that I can throw at least two types of shots a Horizon MD1, and Lizotte Hex. Neutron Reactor, Halo Roc, and Plasma Pyro singular shots. I wore out the MD1 on turnovers, and the Pyro on fades this morning two rounds on a heavily wooded course.

Thanks Fox! I'm kinda thinking it's going to be what I'm looking for too. In the desperate search to buy more discs and find some black hole in my bag that's unseeable to the naked eye.

I really like the hex, but I've got an envy so the hex is kind of optional, hut great FH. A heavy 180g soft uplink has been indispensable (but i gotta power up a little), the 176 neutron gyropaloozas also have been fun but much more understable... the 155g Shedyzer rainbow reactor has also been insanely fun, like a heavier envy with more glide.

The 155 fission envy and the 170g watt were both total turds today. Apparently I want to further punish myself by bringing out the ol proton envy. My yard box is full of junk... I want a non eclipse glitch/uplink and a light rhythm back in there, maybe a comet... i even hate the soft electron envy in there that wont break in...It's all shit. Meh.

Anyhow a dead laser neutral thrower would be awesome. Flat and easy.

If the detour is "right in the middle" I could see it taking one of those slots in a nice 170-174g version. Especially after what discerdoo was saying. Luckily these heavy gyro box ones don't tempt me... too much, I am going to find out what the fuss is about sooner or later.

It does make me wonder why they dropped neutron Atoms and proton Spin's.. I guess not flying true to numbers?

Yeah PD. FD, DM meh just a bunch of letters I can't keep straight, never threw any DM (or prodigy), the weird collector overpriced cult and alpha-numerical naming system kind of drove me away. I am encouraged to hear the Tesla has a better chance to make Eagles bag as a PD(?) replacement. Such a great disc.

Most of the old drop outs were really low sales or overlap. But then things like the Axis and Vector were old school style discs. They are still absolutely amazing discs, but. Just not for the normal crowd now days.

I will say when I had neutron atoms and threw them, they flew true to the numbers, but for some reason I remember them having almost no glide.

The proton spin, IIRC, is actually more flippy.
I can't compare because I sold my blue metal flake, But I remember not liking how it flew.
I miss my pinky miss stamp, someone picked it up and walked off with it. doh. The last 2 I have just... They are burnt out. the purple neutron is wore out and hard to find, and the red one someone tried to dye black over my name, and it irks me to put it in my bag.
The r2's fly really good, but you cant find them, and I throw a lot of spin rollers, so that's no bueno.
And then the electrons, if you ask me, were a real let down.

As for the whole naming convention thing.
I have never understood what any of that stuff meant, it was so dumb.
I mean if you throw the stuff you know.

But... then you got one company doing it one way, prodigy, and then another company doing it the opposite, so it all gets dumb and confusing.
So what I do is I write both those companies in to my "stupid companies" list.

I need an R2 spin. I've been throwing my electron ones on drives a lot lately, and I don't wanna kill my putting putters...

I've got a bunch of the proton spins around 167g.. reasonably stable to a point, way more than electron but less than an R2 (174g). The thing thats missing on them is glide but it works for me. The neutron atom was also a little low on glide but if they sell it in proton what's the difference really? I wonder if it has to do with how the tops mold up, I think the proton spin has a little more dome and the neutron atom was flat. The spin has maintained its shape while the R2 has puddle topped a little which I think makes it less HSS with just a touch more LSS.

Wanting to throw a 10 speed prior to the Conrad Trail coming out this year. I picked up a PD and it flew very much like a Terra, straight with ending fade. If I had faster arm speed, yes a PD would match up with a Tesla. I no longer have the PD, and have settled on the VIP Air Northman waiting for the Trail to come out

I wonder if it has to do with how the tops mold up,

I cannot personally say I've seen a proton atom since they went OOP.
Am I wrong? probably, but I don't remember seeing one in the store, or for sale on BST unless it was old.

From what MVP says as well, they have to make a different mold for Electron vs an of the premium plastics too. So, it's a possibility they can mold the proton cores from the electron mold, or that was how they did it and they just scrapped the neutron one on the refresh of the new molds.

Latest posts