• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Feedback Thread - We would love to hear from you.

I agree weight less than that of a penny is undetectable, but the issue for me is not the difference in 2 grams; it's the difference in 10 to 15 grams, at which there is a distinct difference in snap, RPMs and resulting disc flight. Almost all of the Deflectors are showing up at 175+ and I want one 10 grams lighter.

I was basing most of that on the fact that you said you throw mids 166-168 and the deflector couldn't be had sub 170.

But still...168 to 175? Still bet in a blind test, everything else equal, you're unable to tell which is which.

Last edited:
I was basing most of that on the fact that you said you throw mids 166-168 and the deflector couldn't be had sub 170.

But still...168 to 175? Still bet in a blind test, everything else equal, you're unable to tell which is which.

Coming to Am Worlds? If so, I'll take that bet, for any of Charlotte's fine brews. I'll prefer a porter. ;)

Coming to Am Worlds? If so, I'll take that bet, for any of Charlotte's fine brews. I'll prefer a porter. ;)

Unfortunately, that trips not in the budget this year. Otherwise, id love to! Im the 1st guy to admit he's wrong...so if that would indeed be the case, I'd eat my words and enjoy a nice cold brew with a fellow discer!

However, if you're indeed correct, you're likely in the minority

After two rounds, my arm would hurt with the 175. Does that count?

. . . However, if you're indeed correct, you're likely in the minority

Let me give an example. When I am concentrating on the throw I often grab the wrong disc if I have two drivers of the same color and plastic. Yes, I can be an idiot. :doh:

Anyway one day I intended to throw a 167 S-FD and mistakenly grabbed a 157 Star Shryke, both orange Star plastic and domey.

When I threw the 157 gram disc, expecting the weight of a 167 gram disc, the release was massively late and I launched the Shryke off a hill into the woods, never to be seen again. Probably 25 to 30 degrees off line.

Once I figured out my mistake I grabbed the 167 S-FD and hit the line just fine.

The opposite mistake - 10 grams heavier than I expect - has less dramatic results but usually a slight early release.

I don't know whether I'm in the majority or minority but I know of a few folks who are quite sensitive to weights.

Remember that force = mass x acceleration so we are talking about the acceleration of a full-power throw, not just the acceleration of gravity that yields the 10-gram difference in weight. It is much easier to tell weight differences when throwing discs versus just picking discs up to gauge the weight.

And porter is an excellent choice of beer.

Let me give an example. When I am concentrating on the throw I often grab the wrong disc if I have two drivers of the same color and plastic. Yes, I can be an idiot. :doh:

Anyway one day I intended to throw a 167 S-FD and mistakenly grabbed a 157 Star Shryke, both orange Star plastic and domey.

When I threw the 157 gram disc, expecting the weight of a 167 gram disc, the release was massively late and I launched the Shryke off a hill into the woods, never to be seen again. Probably 25 to 30 degrees off line.

Once I figured out my mistake I grabbed the 167 S-FD and hit the line just fine.

The opposite mistake - 10 grams heavier than I expect - has less dramatic results but usually a slight early release.

I don't know whether I'm in the majority or minority but I know of a few folks who are quite sensitive to weights.

Remember that force = mass x acceleration so we are talking about the acceleration of a full-power throw, not just the acceleration of gravity that yields the 10-gram difference in weight. It is much easier to tell weight differences when throwing discs versus just picking discs up to gauge the weight.

And porter is an excellent choice of beer.

Or, you just flat out shanked a drive?? Just saying its possible.

Im not arguing that major weight differences (i.e 10+ grams) aren't noticeable. My original point is that the majority of discers cant tell the difference in a few grams either way.

Or, you just flat out shanked a drive?? Just saying its possible.

Well anything is possible. And certainly not my first bad drive ever.

But this was pretty dramatic. To the point that I was pi$$ed and laughing at the same time. :)

Im not arguing that major weight differences (i.e 10+ grams) aren't noticeable. My original point is that the majority of discers cant tell the difference in a few grams either way.

No disagreement there.

Seriously - What would you want more of?
Less of?

This is your time to tell me what you want, or hate, or love about MVP/Axiom/Streamline - and I really would like to hear about it.

Appreciate it.

Hey you still around!?! I had a thought: how about you put some fission love into one of the wide rimmed drivers, Teleport, Dimension, Octane I bet would be popular. Get them down a bit in weight and make a bomber Disc for the masses.

"This is your time to tell me what you want".. Okay:

-1 turn 3 fade distance driver (speed 13 class, but one in the 11 speed would also be nice)

0 turn and 2 fade fairway driver

very overstable putter similar to the Envy class

more dayglo colored discs

150 class Envy in fission or base plastics

fission Teleport as light as possible

affordable pull cart

a full line of clothing for discing that is stretchy and comfortable, breathable

Moar Fission should be a no brainer. Make it so, Steve!

(Pretty sure Steve hasn't been here in months.)

Since June 2018 I believe!! But I'm always hoping.. Probably got tired of private messages and inane chatter. I bet he's still here under a different name haha.

Fission Envy. Do it for the children. The children need a lightweight driving putter, why are you ignoring their needs? :rolleyes:

Ok, all B.S. aside, I want a lightweight Envy for approach shots when I am pinched off and can't get a full reach back.

...and I really would buy one for my 10 year old nephew.

Last edited:
Am i the only one that would love to see them add some Dome to the speed 9 and 11 class discs? I dont need much but im having trouble with how flat they are.
I have putters/mids/distance drivers covered but cant seem to click with any fairway or control drivers

Am i the only one that would love to see them add some Dome to the speed 9 and 11 class discs? I dont need much but im having trouble with how flat they are.
I have putters/mids/distance drivers covered but cant seem to click with any fairway or control drivers

Have you tried plasma versions? They typically have a rounded top compared to the other premi plastics.

Have you tried plasma versions? They typically have a rounded top compared to the other premi plastics.

Unfortunately yes, i bought a plasma tesla that was the flattest disc i ever owned. Kind of put me off the plasma plastic.

Oooo ooooo oooooh Fission Axis... the greatest Comet contender ever not made.

Could you imagine that at 165? Mmmmm

Well...no. I can't imagine the Axis, at all, for I've never thrown one, not being able to get one at 165 g. Fission or Neutron or whatever, I'd love to try an Axis at 165 g.

Fission Envy. Do it for the children. The children need a lightweight driving putter, why are you ignoring their needs? :rolleyes:

Ok, all B.S. aside, I want a lightweight Envy for approach shots when I am pinched off and can't get a full reach back.

...and I really would buy one for my 10 year old nephew.

160g doesn't suit your/his needs?
My heavy electrons are straight to understable at Max weight - 240-300'. I imagine a 160 would be perfect for a 10yr old.

Latest posts