• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Inertia Distance Driver

I need to throw it before I can truly judge that but I really dislike the feel...am I the only one that isn't a fan of said slope? I never hear people mention it in person or online anywhere but I can't be the only one.

You aren't the first person on the forums that has mentioned a dislike for the way MVP discs feel in the hand.

Not every disc is suited for every hand, so it's not surprising that their rims are uncomfortable to some players. I've read that there is a bit of a "plus rim" feel to MVP drivers, although I personally don't notice it.

^^No no no I don't mind any other MVP disc I've handled, or the slight "+" rim style they have going on. Just the exterior outside rim edge. The Inertia feels fine everywhere else and if I tell myself to shut up I don't even notice what I mentioned, but the majority of most things in life are mental. Just curious about the PD top style:)

But yeah, different strokes and stuff.

^^No no no I don't mind any other MVP disc I've handled, or the slight "+" rim style they have going on. Just the exterior outside rim edge. The Inertia feels fine everywhere else and if I tell myself to shut up I don't even notice what I mentioned, but the majority of most things in life are mental. Just curious about the PD top style:)

FWIW, I got mine in yesterday (blue 169.) I didn't have a chance to toss it either, but I noticed what you're talking about, too. It's that feel somewhat common to the glidey US drivers, I think. That slight dome near the edges, combined with, I noticed the flight plate is nearly translucent (thinness?), unusual for a Neutron disc. Makes for a certain feel. It doesn't bother me too much (won't really know until I throw it, but it certainly differentiates it from the disc it's been compared to here, the Beast.

What exactly is a plus rim?

Plus rim is where the inner rim is slanted. Take your Servo and look at it head-on the underside. You'll notice you can see the inner rim exposed to view somewhat. From the flight plate, it slopes outward slightly.

Plus rim is where the inner rim is slanted. Take your Servo and look at it head-on the underside. You'll notice you can see the inner rim exposed to view somewhat. From the flight plate, it slopes outward slightly.

This is kind of unclear, and it's driving me nuts. What I mean is, lay it upside down on a table and look straight down on it.

you crazzzzzzzzy bro. :p

I don't think its real clear what you are even trying to say though-- Yes the disc does have a pretty large shoulder where the om sits and it the flight plate rises up to flat but not like its a pop top or something and no where near as weird feeling as say a tern IMO. Those remind me of what you describe.

I played a full round with the Inertia yesterday and used it a ton. I'm really warming up to it.

It's very, very easy to throw. And I can put a lot of power on it and as long as I throw flat it doesn't turn over. It does not like OAT on a hyzerflip and will turn over from that. I have a bad habit of going hyzer on the reach back only to turn flat at the hit. Not a good combo.

By the end of the round I was getting some consistent distance with it. About equal to my Tern throws but easier and I can see the potential for a lot more when I can get the release angles right to hyzer flip it nicely.

I really like how it feels. The plastic is softer like the more recent MVP releases and I really like that. Rim doesn't feel wide at all.

Like almost all MVP discs it has a lot of control. I was throwing uphill with late fade. Holds a nice slow turning anny line but will turn back some at the end. You can probably really minimize this with proper angles. I only threw anny on two holes. Has the ability to get a really hard right turn anny too. Control. Control. Control. And distance.

I am officially starting the requests for Eclipse Inertias, please!

They are likely to release at least one of their distance drivers in Proton. That nice wide rim would stand out so much in Eclipse. BUT, glow is heavy. They might all be max weight. Which would be fine by me!

Also, Axiom is almost certainly going to release a driver that is similar to the Inertia, with those sick color combinations. Can't wait for that one to be released.

After throwing the inertia, I really just got excited for the Tesla. I wasn't expecting as much turn from the inertia as it had. I can see how people would like it, but it's not for me.

After throwing the inertia, I really just got excited for the Tesla. I wasn't expecting as much turn from the inertia as it had. I can see how people would like it, but it's not for me.

Yes, the inertia I have at 165 definitely needed some room to play out. I'm bringing it to doubles tonight, and there are a few holes, I think it'll be great on. I'm still working on the release point, because i didn't expect it to flip so easily. I think it will bomb when I dial in though. And that brings me to the Tesla. Judging from the inertia's stability, I am EXTREMELY excited to check out the Tesla. Plus, it just screams special stamp :clap:

you crazzzzzzzzy bro. :p

I don't think its real clear what you are even trying to say though-- Yes the disc does have a pretty large shoulder where the om sits and it the flight plate rises up to flat but not like its a pop top or something and no where near as weird feeling as say a tern IMO. Those remind me of what you describe.

Not where the OM meets the core. I mean on the very outer edge of the overmold. I'll post a profile picture of a PD in a bit and show you guys what I mean:)

Not where the OM meets the core. I mean on the very outer edge of the overmold. I'll post a profile picture of a PD in a bit and show you guys what I mean:)
I get what you've been saying; the PD nose bugs you.
I don't follow PD threads (LFs muthamutha!) but honestly, I've never heard this was a thing! I'd be interested to see a pic of your grip to see how you're putting that nose somewhere uncomfortable. And no couldn't phrase it any other way.

I get what you've been saying; the PD nose bugs you.
I don't follow PD threads (LFs muthamutha!) but honestly, I've never heard this was a thing! I'd be interested to see a pic of your grip to see how you're putting that nose somewhere uncomfortable. And no couldn't phrase it any other way.

Just because I own a PD doesn't mean I throw it:rolleyes: Also, where else would I put my nose lol

Just because I own a PD doesn't mean I throw it:rolleyes: Also, where else would I put my nose lol
Haha I'm just curious how it sits in your hand that it could be bothersome. That piqued my interest, totally off the agenda clock.

I still think the 2 foil FR Amps are some of the coolest stamp/disc combos I've ever seen.
Now that is a true fact.

Last edited:
Inertia didn't click for me at least for first test throws. its not that fast. pretty flippy. Crashes and burns from low lines i use much. I like to throw hard and volt can handle that to about same lenght. I bet low weights of these make buying impulse obsolete for even the noodle arms. I am waiting for Tesla and Motion, but inertia didn't get my hopes up. Level of speed is slightly too close compared to amp&volt category. I still need to go to my home course and make comparison against other discs to decide if its any use. currently i think not.

Latest posts