• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My New Rig, and my dumb ass dog.

mrstiggy

Par Member
**DISCLAIMER** Much of this thread will be me discussing what is in my bag. That being said, please bear in mind that I have done a lot of reading here, elsewhere and watched lots of youtube videos. I have 2 things that if not for this disclaimer, some troll is likely to cry or bitch about.
1.) I carry to wide of a variety of discs, too much of a variety. I know I should only be carrying 1 or 2 flavors of drivers and the same for putters, and mids. I really dont care. To me disc golf is about fun. I am terrible, I strive to get better, but, I know the variety of discs I am throwing is'nt what is making me suck, I make me suck, but hey, I have fun. Maybe one day I will find that disc I love? Then I will buy a whole bag full of them
2.) There could quite well be an existing "Post your bag and pics here" thread. I work in IT, I get it. I searched briefly for stings similar to what I listed above and did not find anything 100% on topic. So if you want to kick me in the nuts for posting the same thread twice, thats your prerogative. **/DISCLAIMER**

Ok, on with the meat and potatoes then shall we?
After taking the last 2 years off due to work and family obligations, I am back. Played every day for the last 2 weeks after not playing for a year. New found employment and a new found love of the game drove me to get new equipment. Just got 4 new discs today (Star Cro, Star Valk, Champ Banshee, and Champ Teebird). I also got a new bag and straps, I will discuss below.

Bag is a Fade Tourney bag.... Holds all 22 of my discs nicely, big upgrade from my "Walgreens Super Value Bag" (Search forums) I had before. Having straps is a huge plus... see my rig of awesomeness below:

dfFFt.jpg

Like I said before, The bag is a Fade Tourney Dude! Camo bag.
Straps are Lat 64 quad straps.
Towel by Discraft.

Overall the bag is awesome, I love the way it holds the discs upright regardless of what is next to them. I cant drink right now, but, the thermo pockets held my giant Arizona Ice Teas nicely. By the back 9, my second can was almost as cold as I bought it. I did learn a valuable lesson though, dont bend over to pick up a disc with an open container in your hand unless you want a wet, sticky back (keep your perverted thoughts to yourself). The putter pockets are super nice, one of the things I hated about the super value bag. I like always knowing where it is. The biggest plus to upgrading the bag was the straps, the Lat 64 straps were super comfy, and put no strain on my back.

And then there is Jack. Jack is my 1 year old basset/dashound mix. Up until I started playing again a couple weeks ago, he had never been to the course before. I swear I am gonna kick that dog upside down. See Jacks peanut brain having self below

onsm1.jpg

Jack overall is a good dog, I can keep him off leash at all times, he always comes when he is called, and does not distract other golfers. Me on the other hand, that is a different story. I picked up a game with a couple of strangers, he could care less everytime they teed off, but when I step on the box, he likes to get under my feet everytime I drive. I keep tripping over him, he keeps getting hurt, poor bastard never learns.

So, on hole 17 at Lake Lewisville park today, it had a drainage ditch that was flooded from the recent storms. By flooded, I mean nutsack (I did not get the TM from the bag maker to use that) high water. I of course, being the lousy player that I am, shank my drive and it ends up just on the edge of the water. Jack, being the great disc dog that he is, runs right up to it. He normally never tries to grab a disc. He runs at the discs full speed and hits the breaks. Dog skids through the grass, slides into the water, dunks himself completely underwater and pushes my brand new banshee, that I had not even labeled yet into the water. This all came after a bogey on 16, likely the easiest bird on the course. On top of everything else, he stayed dry until before then, so on top of me having to strip my shoes and tread nutsack deep water to get my disc back, I had to ride 20 mins home with a wet dog in the cab of my truck. I never finshed 18 due to wet socks.

I did find another disc while looking for mine. I called the number twice, but no answer, left a voicemail. Red 2010 Amature Championship Katana Champ Plastic. Unless your name is Andrew and you can give me the rest of your 214 number, dont bug me about it, I will give it to my kid if he does'nt call.

Guess what? I still had fun!

Does that mean I am re-addicted to DG?

Anyway....

Below is one more pic of my bag, and plastic out of it, I will list out my discs for someone to tell me that I should not carry so many molds

6qBwS.jpg

Discs Left to right
Top: DX Hydra, Star Aviar, Proton Anode
Next Row: Sirus Orion LS, Star Valkyrie, Star Mako, Star Cro, Z Buzz, Champ Boss
Next Row: LS Polaris, Orion LS, Z Avenger, Star Xcaliber, Champ Firebird, ESP Surge
Bottom Row:
Pro Line Beast, Champ Banshee (fuggin dog), Star Leopard, Champ Monarch, Z Avenger SS, Star Katana.

Other goodies in bag, Portable speaker, Epi pen, Left handed tobacco, Right handed cigs, lights, batteries, tape, sharpie, pencil, paper.

Hope you enjoyed my senseless post.

Stigg.

That is a sweet set up. Is that a medium or soft anode? Also, why the Hydra?

How do you like the pro beast/ what do you use it for? I just found one on the course today (no name or number). Threw a drive with it and it had a pretty nice S curve.

Wow, all those molds would knot my brain on the course. Glad you enjoy it, and welcome back.

Funny how it seems all discin dogs named Jack that I've seen have peanut brains and stand in the tee box, lol.

You throw more molds than me and I didn't really think that was possible. What's the epi pen for, bees? Or paranoia brought on by that left handed tobacco ;)

Jack needs to know these two commands: Sit - Stay. Then he will be a great dog.

He was just trying to show you where your disc was. Accidents happen.

I carry a bunch of different molds too (about a dozen), but I play all the time, so I know what they will do. I use pretty much the same throwing motion all the time and throw different discs for different lines.

Believe it or not, that old hydra is one of my the best discs in my bag, straight as an arrow, a great putter, and it floats!

Medium Anode

(I forgot, the disc in the very top right is a pre-prod Discraft Focus in ESP I got in the 09 ace race)

The beast I usually use for big hyzers, curves like crazy and I can whip it way up in the air

Epi-pen for bees and if I run out of left handed tobacco

Jack knows both Sit and Stay but gets all tarded and forgets his training when he get out on the course. Gets super excited....The force is strong with him, but he is still not a jedi yet.

Eegor, I am the same, I always pretty much use the same motions so I have a crap load of molds based on the line I want..... I dont have a big arm so I use the faster discs to get a bigger hyzer.

Prolly was his teebox the way I played :(

This was fun to read while I drink my coffee. I don't use as many different molds than you, but I probably have 12 different in my bag, welcome back to the game :)

Jack sounds cool. But I wouldn't know what to throw with all those molds! Its OK to have a bunch of different discs if they work for you, but its useless to have a bunch of different discs that fly similar.

What no baseball for those stuck in a tree discs?

Last edited:
**Expletive deleted**, have fun. Throw as many molds as you want. You're right, people are crazy-obsessed with how many molds to carry. Throw what works for you and don't worry about the haters.
Thanks for the monologue, and BTW, keep on writing, you're very entertaining.

**Expletive deleted**, have fun. Throw as many molds as you want. You're right, people are crazy-obsessed with how many molds to carry. Throw what works for you and don't worry about the haters.
Thanks for the monologue, and BTW, keep on writing, you're very entertaining.

^^This^^ Keep buying discs bro, they'll make more. I just bought new plastic today (Mamba). Did I need it? No. Did I want it? yes.

I never heard not to carry too many molds. That seems silly to me, why have a bag that holds 12 to 20 something discs if they all fly alike. You may as well buy a nutsac for way too much money & only throw 4. I like having shot selection myself, but hey maybe they know something we don't. Welcome back, & as long as we are having fun we are winning every time we go out.