• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Mystere??

I don't know about the Mystere? but the shimmer star Teebird and shimmer star Destroyer I have are definitely a tick more OS than their star counterparts. Similar to most Legacy discs in Legend plastic.

I have a champ Mystere? that rarely sees the light of day. It's an ok disc but it never wowed me and the wing looks funky to me. There's too many other discs that captivate my attention and the Mystere? goes to the bottom of the stack.

I don't know about the Mystere? but the shimmer star Teebird and shimmer star Destroyer I have are definitely a tick more OS than their star counterparts. Similar to most Legacy discs in Legend plastic.

I have a champ Mystere? that rarely sees the light of day. It's an ok disc but it never wowed me and the wing looks funky to me. There's too many other discs that captivate my attention and the Mystere? goes to the bottom of the stack.
Pretty much all of this. I got a champ cfr mystere but it never really got my attention throwing it much less a spot in my bag.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

So a little update with the Gstar mystere. It has flipped a bit too much on me the past couple weeks. It doesn't really like to come back when snapped hard and flat, even with some height.

I retract calling it a longer sidewinder, my sidewinder will carry and glide during it's HST flight, whereas the mystere seems to want to eat ground a little more. (BTW, if anyone can recommend a 11-12 speed SW, I'm all ears!)

I still think it can be good in tailwinds! Need more time to check that out.

I'm still willing to try this in a stock star variation.

No. The Mamba might be an understable 11-speed version of the Roadrunner.

My Champion Sidewinder is straight-to-stable, and my Star Sidewinder is straight-to-understable. The Champ Sidewinder is what I want a glide-y Valkyrie to be like.

. . . (BTW, if anyone can recommend a 11-12 speed SW, I'm all ears!) . . .

Wave is the closest I have found, and I threw 150 Champ Sidewinders as my main driver for many years.

I'm loving my G* 167 proto stamped Mystere. I can bomb it on a high anny line and hyzer flip it pretty straight and far (345) with my 60 year old arm. I have a 171 on order that I expect to be less flippy.

My Champion Sidewinder is straight-to-stable, and my Star Sidewinder is straight-to-understable. The Champ Sidewinder is what I want a glide-y Valkyrie to be like.

Oh man you are really making me want to try a champion sidewinder. How does it compare to a gstar valk?

Oh man you are really making me want to try a champion sidewinder. How does it compare to a gstar valk?

I think I have a GStar Valk, but it's been so long since I've thrown it that I'd have to dig it out and throw it with the Champ Sidewinder to get some comparison data. In the meantime, if you come across a Champ Sidewinder, give it a shot. You'll either love it or you can sell it or pay it forward.

Update: for those manifesting Mysteres, Infinite Discs has Factory Second Champion Mysteres in a reasonable selection of weights, and photos so you can see the colors, and the prices and shipping are reasonable. Innova Proshop also has them, but you don't see the colors and shipping costs are higher.

Update: for those manifesting Mysteres, Infinite Discs has Factory Second Champion Mysteres in a reasonable selection of weights, and photos so you can see the colors, and the prices and shipping are reasonable. Innova Proshop also has them, but you don't see the colors and shipping costs are higher.

I'm assuming you were meaning me by that comment, and I have a Luster Mystere that is about as glidey as a FireBird. If I knew whether they were domey or not would be helpful as mine is flat.

I'm assuming you were meaning me by that comment, and I have a Luster Mystere that is about as glidey as a FireBird. If I knew whether they were domey or not would be helpful as mine is flat.

You might could call or email Infinite and see if they can hook you up with domey ones.

Merriam-Webster definition of manifest (transitive verb):

To make evident or certain by showing or displaying

Examples of manifest in a Sentence
"Malone has invited Barkley to spend a week … to relax, talk some basketball, eat some hot Louisiana food and kick around the subject of frustration, something they both feel but manifest in different ways." —Jack McCallum, Sports Illustrated, 27 Apr. 1992

Synonym Discussion of manifest
show, manifest, evidence, evince, demonstrate mean to reveal outwardly or make apparent. show is the general term . . . manifest implies a plainer, more immediate revelation.

⟨manifested musical ability at an early age⟩

I think the word you are looking for is "testing" or "using". But whatever, carry on.

So, Mysteres. Never thrown one. Probably never will. Sounded promising when announced but reports since release have not been encouraging.