• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Mystic an Warrior Reviews

You should get a review in of the Karma, that one was released around the same time as the Mystic and is possibly their best mid. Also it would be cool to see someone give an opinion on that new retooled Assassin and that newer premium plastic they ran it in.

isn't the Krama the a rerealse of the element-x? If so a great mid.

It kinda was. I think they changed up the underside a little? I may be way off base, but I had both at one point and they were very similar, but not the same. The rim of the Element-X was more squared, and the Karma was a little more slanty (to use technical terms). The Karma also a little higher shoulder maybe? Or maybe it was just a little more dome? Either way, my Element-X was board flat, and the Karma a little domey. The Karma had more LSS and both were HSS.

I think the Gateway mids (I tried) are the best.

For cycling
You can use the Warrior or even Karma in Sure Grip plastic.
Both start out a little overstable (Warrior more than Karma) and break in to a straight, glidey mid. Perfect disc to cycle, like e.g. Roc.

For on mid in every stability
Get an Element for the understable part of the spectrum to complement the Warrior/Karma and youre good to go.

Warrior, Karma and Element feels very close to gripwise and you develop consistency with these mids. Win/win anyhow you look at it.

Gateways mids are so underrated!

Okay the mystic must be insanely flippy if it is turning that much at elevation.

Gateways mids are so underrated!
Gateway mids are pretty big in diameter and the rims are pretty beefy. They are fairly unique in design for being mids. If you are a traditional Roc/Buzzz-type player they are kinda funky in the hand. That probably accounts for some of the reason you don't see them much.

I cycled scouts for a while until the local shop stop carrying them. The first run s plastic were really flat and sneaky long. the e plastic was ok but very domey.

Question on the Mystic and Element -

I just picked up an S Mystic on DGC - arrived yesterday. I was looking for a flippy, shot shaping mid for throwing in the woods, and the chubby shape of the wing and excellent Gateway baseline plastic had me excited. Still stoked, but it's pretty shallow, with a decently wide rim for a mid - seems like a true speed 5.

Have not thrown it yet, so hopefully I'll love it. Regarding the Element tho, are they a little deeper and with a more narrow rim the way they look online? Like a more old-school beaded speed 4 mid? That would be the next on the list if I don't jive with the Mystic. The most important thing is that I can get smooth hyzer flips out of it in S line.

I just picked up an S Mystic on DGC - arrived yesterday. I was looking for a flippy, shot shaping mid for throwing in the woods, and the chubby shape of the wing and excellent Gateway baseline plastic had me excited. Still stoked, but it's pretty shallow, with a decently wide rim for a mid - seems like a true speed 5.

Have not thrown it yet, so hopefully I'll love it. Regarding the Element tho, are they a little deeper and with a more narrow rim the way they look online? Like a more old-school beaded speed 4 mid? That would be the next on the list if I don't jive with the Mystic. The most important thing is that I can get smooth hyzer flips out of it in S line.

I don't have any experience with the Mystic, but I bagged a couple Elements for a short while. I don't think I would call the Element a speed 4. It's fairly shallow and has a pretty sharp rim for a mid. It's definitely a hyzer flip kind of disc although you'll still get some low speed fade out of it.

It was just a little too touchy for me honestly. Throw it just right and it would go really far, approaching fairway driver territory, with a shallow S curve. But don't give it quite enough power and it would hyzer out, and give it too much and it would turn and burn. I'm sure if I had spent enough time with them learning to throw them just right, they would have been useful, but there are lots of other discs that fly more versatile lines and are less touchy.

Regarding the Element tho, are they a little deeper and with a more narrow rim the way they look online? Like a more old-school beaded speed 4 mid? That would be the next on the list

I don't think the Element rim is deeper or narrower than the Mystic. The difference between the two is the Element wing is slightly concaved and has a small bead.
Mystics are nice, they worked for me in the slot you are trying to fill. In base plastic I would probably skip the Element and go up to the Scout or Karma.

Bump

Whats up with the flight numbers on the MYSTIC ? looking at the stock on Marshall the disc has very different numbers, even in the same Plastics

attachment.php

Attachments

• mystic.jpg
    mystic.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 80
Bump

Whats up with the flight numbers on the MYSTIC ? looking at the stock on Marshall the disc has very different numbers, even in the same Plastics

attachment.php

They used to use a different flight scale, the older evo and very early platinum/diamond blend runs had the old numbers. Now that they produce premium more consistently, the 5/5/-2/0 is for current Diamond which is usually flatter and more stable and 5/5/-3/0 is for the current Platinum which is a bit softer and domey than Diamond.

Looking at Marshall the Diamond under 174g has -3 turn and over 174g have -2

But i have one 177g Diamond and a 172g S-Series on order.. let´s hope for a good "flippy" range with those two

Got my first Mystics this week and took them out to throw today
Got one S-series and one Diamond ( with 5.5.-2.0 on it ) both 180g

I was quite surprised that the Diamond was alot more US than the S-series. .

The S-series flew like my Ti Buzzz SS . . .but the Diamond was almost as US as my DGA Tremor
I kind of thought it would be the other way around

I would give the S-Series 5,5/5/-1/0 and the Diamond 5,5/5/-3/0

I want to find one in the old E-Series, one of the best plastics ever

It kinda was. I think they changed up the underside a little? I may be way off base, but I had both at one point and they were very similar, but not the same. The rim of the Element-X was more squared, and the Karma was a little more slanty (to use technical terms). The Karma also a little higher shoulder maybe? Or maybe it was just a little more dome? Either way, my Element-X was board flat, and the Karma a little domey. The Karma had more LSS and both were HSS.

That will help me for my dad, he likes the Element-X so getting the Karma is the next best move. Dad has that because he hates how the wing on a Comet feels and was a slight US disc but not a flippy disc. He has a 3 or 4 slots in US, Neutral, and OS and so on with exception to Putting putters not for driving with only Neutral and having his US driver being a fast fairway driver 8 speed. Then Max Distance speed 12 he has only one that a very similar disc was made to replace the mold should it get lost or die.