• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Need Help Discing Down!

I've always thrown more stable to overstable discs. May I ask why throwing flipper discs is more helpful/better etc..?

1 - Downwind - When you have a back wind, the discs fly more stable than normal, so for better glide and a longer flight, use a less stable disc.

2 - Anhyzers - If you are RHBH, and you do not like to throw sidearm, you have to find a way to throw a disc from left to right, and it keeps going right. Understable discs will do this much easier. Throw them on a anhyzer and high, and they will turn right quickly, and will be in no rush to turn back left.

3 - Rollers - Sometimes the best way to get distance on a hole is to get it on the ground. Less stable discs allow you to get the disc out in the air for a little distance, and will naturally turn over into the ground and take off. This does take practice, and personally, I use my Wraith, a more stable disc, because I am used to it as a roller, but my penalty is, I have to get it on the ground almost immediately, whereas with a less stable disc, you can throw it out a long ways before it hits ground and rolls, and be consistent at it.

4 - Troubleshooting - Sometimes in a pickle, you want to throw a disc in a unusual way, and you want it to keep going away from it's natural stability. Using a understable disc in these conditions gives you the best chance for success.

While like you, I never saw the reasoning for an understable disc, but it is all really in reading the wind and knowing when to use it, and knowing what they are capable of. If you are not able to get a River I suggest a dx Leopard.

Thanks everyone for the advice! I'm for sure going to try and take a little bit of what everyone says and plan on picking up some new plastic today!

Do:
Clean up your form, the. Work on accuracy and distance will come

Do Not:
Listen to a word stud muffin said, not a single word

I would start with your putter, go to a field, see what D youre getting and analyze any flaws you can identify and work on them

Get to a course, play with your putter, work lines, experiment with different amounts of power, release angles, FH, OH, everything.

Add a comet (although the comet may not make your bag its a useful tool for uncovering torque and other form flaws, and you could use a mako, lycan, coyote or thrashed roc with somewhat similar results) repeat the two steps above.

I suggest playing this way for at least a few weeks, this is something that if you dont commit to it you wont get much out of it.

When you do add in a driver i suggest something like a leo or XS maybe a QJLS then report back

Do:
Clean up your form, the. Work on accuracy and distance will come

Do Not:
Listen to a word stud muffin said, not a single word

I would start with your putter, go to a field, see what D youre getting

Yea, have fun throwing that putter around there buddy! lol

U mad bro? Need a Nuke OS to relieve some of the rage? How about some other wildly inaccurate and un-usable advice? Youve got so much of it its hard to imagine you need more from someone else

Nah, I am going to go out in a field and throw my putter around all day!:thmbup: And I heard that when you throw your 157 dx Aero into a massive headwind, it adds 100' if you scream, "Ken Climo!", at the top of your lungs before you throw. ...and the learning curve is 2x as fast if you do it blind folded...

Nothing like butterburgers, a shake and free wifi to fuel that trainwreck of misinformation that is everything you post.

TheyreAllLaughingAtYou.gif

Also spend some downtime here.
beer.gif

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26165

*stud muffin spends hours trying to think of awesome advice or an awesome troll only to realize he cant post in that thread*

Us, *win*

:hfive:

*stud muffin spends hours trying to think of awesome advice or an awesome troll only to realize he cant post in that thread*

Us, *win*

:hfive:

No one can stand before throwing a putter in a field. In fact, i think Aviar is one of the Mighty Morphing Power Rangers :thmbup:

According to your logic i could go from being born, to driving a car to flying a jet
And learning how to walk then run is for dummies

According to your logic i could go from being born, to driving a car to flying a jet
And learning how to walk then run is for dummies

Comparing throwing a fairway disc to driving a car is quite a revelation. Especially since the OP is already throwing a Boss...

He is the one asking for advice, he said he knows he cant throw fast stuff and needs to stop because what he is currently throwing is too much, hence, this entire thread...

And you suggest a force and a bliz somethig or other and whatever else....

Listen, if youre suffering from some sort of mental "setback" and i need to be considering that before making fun of you, let me know.

But as it stands you come off as the regular kind of stupid, and until evidence proves otherwise, youll continue to be treated as such

As much as I enjoy reading the back-and-forth posts of you two insulting each other, this is not the reason why I posted this thread. I was looking for some advice not to start arguments.

You got 2 solid pages of good advice, sans studs comments and all the surge suggestions, any more pages would just be the same good advice or more bad advice, there are no better/different answers that are goingto help you that havent been said, that said, sorry for derailing

I had a few too many rockstars this morning and i was in a zombie troll trance

You got 2 solid pages of good advice, sans studs comments and all the surge suggestions, any more pages would just be the same good advice or more bad advice, there are no better/different answers that are goingto help you that havent been said, that said, sorry for derailing

I really did get all the advice I needed pretty quickly, and I understand how a thread can turn into a dispute so I'm not mad haha.

As much as I enjoy reading the back-and-forth posts of you two insulting each other, this is not the reason why I posted this thread. I was looking for some advice not to start arguments.

WIN. LOL.

Post of the month, I'm calling it. The newbie anti-troll!!