• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need your opinion Return or not Return

Status
Not open for further replies.
i found a disc in plain sight today, only about 30 ft from a very open basket. Called the number on the back of the disc and it went straight to voice mail. I left a message saying that I would put it under the trash bin near the parking lot so that they could come get it next time they were in the area. THEN the gf calls and needs to be picked up pronto, so I rush through the rest of the course and completely forget to leave the disc under the bin. :doh:

I hope this kind of 'non return' doesn't yield some bad karma. Shot through some of the nastiest wind I have ever played in today, so I hope thats all the bad luck the disc had to bring...

i found a disc in plain sight today, only about 30 ft from a very open basket. Called the number on the back of the disc and it went straight to voice mail. I left a message saying that I would put it under the trash bin near the parking lot so that they could come get it next time they were in the area. THEN the gf calls and needs to be picked up pronto, so I rush through the rest of the course and completely forget to leave the disc under the bin. :doh:

I hope this kind of 'non return' doesn't yield some bad karma. Shot through some of the nastiest wind I have ever played in today, so I hope thats all the bad luck the disc had to bring...

Next time just leave your number for the person to call you back and you can arange for pick up at a later date. I have made new friends this way

I vote to return the disc. It is just good policy and the right thing to do. It is also good for your Rep and chicks will dig you.

CHEEERS - Koffee

call. if you're like any other player i've met (myself included), you're hoping/hoped someone would call about a piece of plastic you couldn't track down....

Always call the number. There are many possibilities of how it got where it was. Don't jump to conclusions. Always call.

More than likely he can get your number off his caller ID if he wants his plastic.

last time i returned a disc, i got an ace in the same day. return it. plus, it just feels pretty good to get a disc back to someone.

If there's a number, I call once and leave a message with my number in it. Then it's mine if you never call me back. I'm not going on social networking sites to search through 500 people with your name. Just leave a number and you'll get it back.

I'd rather open the potential of making a new disc golfing friend than keep their plastic. Most discs that I find are molds that I don't throw anyways.

if you have to ask the question you already know the answer and are just looking for someone to help you justify doing what you already know isn't right...
do+the+right+thing.gif

I think biscoe said it best and that's a great note to close this thread before it ends up in a flamefest (as these threads typically do). For more information on returning lost discs, feel free to do a search on the topic and you'll find more threads on the subject than time to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.