• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

never have i ever...

kpc2004

Double Eagle Member
Today my dad and I decided to check out a local course we had never played before, Agnes Moffit Park in Houston, TX. Everything is going well and we let another guy join out group and are having a good time when we see some smoke behind the basket we are shooting at. As we get closer we notice that there are flames in the woods behind our hole. After we finished putting I went to check it out and it turned out that a homeless guy was living behind the hole and he had piled up sticks to make a wall so he could not be seen but he had a mattress and blankets, a bike, and a ton of empty bottles. Well this dude passed out after starting a camp fire and when we found it the fire had spread in a circle around the original fire to an area about 10 foot x 10 foot with flames about 4-5 feet high. Keep in mind this is Texas so there were dried pine needles all over this forest. Also, this is the dryest December Houston has had since 1958 (heard it on the news lol). So we wake the guy up cause he was sleeping like 5 feet away from this big ass fire and he starts running around like a chicken with his head cut off and we help him stomp out the fire and smother it with some ply wood he happened to have at his camp and then he made the BEST comment I have ever heard in my life..."I wonder who started that fire?!?" We were about to call 911 because there were still a ton of embers in the pine needles but someone beat us to it and as we were walking away a firetruck pulled up. good times good times.

anyone else have any crazy stories that happened during a round?

thats a pretty intense thing to happen at the dg course heh.....crazy

it wasn't during a round exactly but

I got stuck in the pond at Schumaker looking for a disc. There is serious nasty mud there in spots. The city drains the pond every year and tons of plastic is retrieved. One area gets a lot of runoff and the mud there is like quicksand. I was maybe 15-20 feet from shore and stuck in 3+ feet of of muck. It took a tow rope and 4 strong dudes to get me out.

I got stuck in the pond at Schumaker looking for a disc. There is serious nasty mud there in spots. The city drains the pond every year and tons of plastic is retrieved. One area gets a lot of runoff and the mud there is like quicksand. I was maybe 15-20 feet from shore and stuck in 3+ feet of of muck. It took a tow rope and 4 strong dudes to get me out.

Good thing it wasn't like right before it got dark when no one else was out there. That would have been a loooong night ha.

Yea no kidding. It was a little cold out (low 40s) but I knew I would see someone. I was only out there maybe 10 minutes before someone walked up. Ended up being stuck for about an hour though. There is a crappy cell phone pic of it that I will try to find.

I was playing at Ed Austin park in Jacksonville this Saturday and three pit bulls were running loose.. turns out one of them was torturing (not attacking but menacing) a group ahead of us.. Well those guys get so pissed off that one of them blames some random old guy as the owner of the one pit bull... DG dude gets so pissed he pulls out a knife and a scuffle breaks out with fists flying and all that..

that eventually settles down but some people who live next to the park are starting to get pissed off at the pits running around and one fires off a gun

Then a cop pulls up and is actually driving on the course. He finds one of the pits and invites it into the back of his squad car and wouldn't ya know it but the pit happily obliges and hops in... most likely to be euthanized as pits don't have a good chance of finding a happy home and are more likely to get 'adopted' by a dog fighter (think Mike Vick)..

Meanwhile, I'm just playing my round with knives, guns, fighting and 3 pit bulls...

crazy... had my best round there yet score-wise too :D

Well I did not have as great of a story as your, but I just remember a time where this one dude was playing disc golf in speedo's. He had leopard print speedo's with no shirt or shoes. I mean really I have never considered waking up one day and going out to play a round of disc golf in my underwear.

I found this pic on google so, this is what that dude looked like without the hat.

article-1205688-06055C8F000005DC-399_306x572.jpg

Welcome to Agnes. I play there all the time and the bum is always there. Last time I was out the cops were on the course for about an hour. I almost tagged him with a pred when he was cookin up some beans with a "lady friend" one time.

At Timmons Park in Greenville, SC there's a guy living in a house behind old hole 15 that has shot at people with his BB gun. I never ha da run in with him but plenty of others have. The course had a modest redesign to stay away from his property.

One time I saw a kid riding his bike through a disc golf course! You wouldn't treat a ball golf course this way. Disc golf gets no respect! Oh and the high school uses our disc golf course as a practice area for its cross country teams. Funny, nobody seems to mind when the womans team comes running by though!

One time I saw a kid riding his bike through a disc golf course! You wouldn't treat a ball golf course this way. Disc golf gets no respect! Oh and the high school uses our disc golf course as a practice area for its cross country teams. Funny, nobody seems to mind when the womans team comes running by though!

I have heard this about some courses before. They take over the park

I remember that. That day will live in infamy. I remember throwing away the boots when we made a home depot run. lol

Yea no kidding. It was a little cold out (low 40s) but I knew I would see someone. I was only out there maybe 10 minutes before someone walked up. Ended up being stuck for about an hour though.

lmao holy cow dude i would have been sure i was going to die there after about 20 minutes

Latest posts