• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New “multi golf park” in my area. Is it first 18 hole multi as they claim?

MarkDSM

Double Eagle Member
GRIMES, Iowa —
The city of Grimes says it will start construction Friday on a multigolf park.
The Glenstone MultiGolf Park will be located near the intersection of Southeast 37th and 100th streets in Grimes. It will combine foot golf, park golf and disc golf on the same field.
It's the first multigolf park in the metro, according to the city of Grimes, and the first 18-hole multigolf course in the nation.
The course is expected to only take a week to install at a cost of just under $90,000.

…. Is this really the First 18 hole disc/foot/park course?

I would be surprised if it is but now that you mention it the ones with all 3 around here are/were 9 hole golf courses.

I had to look up what "park golf" is. According to the wiki page on it, courses are limited to 9 holes and 500m or less total length. Says it's a cross between golf and croquet. Sound just as weird as "foot golf" lol

I don't get the impression that foot golf and park golf are really that popular in the US. I'm not surprised. Foot golf in particular seems to be pretty rare IME (though maybe that experience doesn't hold for a lot of the country? I'd only heard of it when I saw the European Open and was curious about the holes they had around the baskets).

I don't get the impression that foot golf and park golf are really that popular in the US. I'm not surprised. Foot golf in particular seems to be pretty rare IME (though maybe that experience doesn't hold for a lot of the country? I'd only heard of it when I saw the European Open and was curious about the holes they had around the baskets).

There is at least one "foot golf" option here in DFW (saw it on the news)...located on a ball golf course. People are desperate for soccer here though.

Coincidentally at the same park (Lewisville Lake Park) at the disc golf course (now called "Old man") about 18 years ago I saw a dude playing the disc golf course backwards...using a golf club...hitting a tennis ball! I had seen the guy there before doing various other weird things. He was trying to hit the tennis ball with the golf club into the basket then moving to the next one. backwards.

Course is in. Pitch and putt. Felt surreal. My bag stayed in car. Special bag from dusty boxes shall be made. Need to get a soccer ball and some sort of stick and ball.

Attachments

• IMG_5544.jpg
    IMG_5544.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5546.jpg
    IMG_5546.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5545.jpg
    IMG_5545.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 28
Next tee arrows look quality. Choice of just using knurled cap head bolt and nut securing basket assembly and base to pole pretty trusting. Dollar Store pliers and wrench. Pole has a spot for a shackle, but not in use.

Attachments

• IMG_5547.jpg
    IMG_5547.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
GRIMES, Iowa —
The Glenstone MultiGolf Park will be located near the intersection of Southeast 37th and 100th streets in Grimes. It will combine foot golf, park golf and disc golf on the same field.
It's the first multigolf park in the metro, according to the city of Grimes, and the first 18-hole multigolf course in the nation.
The course is expected to only take a week to install at a cost of just under $90,000.

I don't know what qualifies something as a "multigolf" course? If it only needs to be two golf games, we've got that here...

https://www.whitefordvalley.com/footgolf/ - Footgolf and traditional golf side by side.

Plus the many traditional golf courses with disc golf would be considered multigolf.

You ask if its the first "disc/foot/park course" but what they claim, the "first 18-hole multigolf course," is more general than that and doesn't seem true.

I'm still not sure what park golf is, but they seem to be using the same target for at least 2 of the 3 golfs, which would be more than we can say for shared ball/disc courses.

I'm still not sure what park golf is, but they seem to be using the same target for at least 2 of the 3 golfs, which would be more than we can say for shared ball/disc courses.
Until corrected I am assuming that it is golf with tennis balls. I have encountered a pretty good chunk of ppl in my life who go to parks and do that. So that's my guess.

There's a nine hole ball golf course here in Elk Grove, CA that also has foot golf, with the nearest disc golf nine-hole course about a mile-and-a-half away. The nearest ball/disc combo I know of is Swenson 35 miles away in Stockton

I suspect we'll see a lot more of every possible combination in the future. The pay-to-play disc golf course helped save the ball golf course at Swenson (which was having financial problems)

I'm reminded of all the local "world's superlatives" I heard about while I was stagnating in Des Moines. A lot of things seem new or extreme to Des Moiniacs, because people there don't get out to the rest of the world much, and people not there don't go there much.

GRIMES, Iowa —
The Glenstone MultiGolf Park...

Note they say MultiGolf Park...which I'm guessing may be a trademark by Discmania? Their discgolf park branch lists multigolf parks around the world alongside their "normal" disc golf courses: https://www.discgolfpark.com/courses/all-courses/

Searching for multi on that page does seem to show only 9 holes in the US of MultiGolf Park with https://www.discgolfpark.com/multigolf/ being a bit of an intro to it for those still wondering what park golf is.

It is too bad the rest of this course is delayed for a couple of months (https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/219a8f3bd6c94a2f8428a342cde1f13a ignore the date on top of that page) while the road on the other side of it is complete. They need to add the astroturf to the cement and do the eastern 1/3rd of the course still. I'd be concerned of the cement around the basket tearing my discs up and ticks in the yet to be mowed field, but I suppose old discs could be used until they get the turf down for the holes that are in place.

The next tee arrows are pretty cool.

The park golf with whiffle ball, if not the resin ball Japan uses, actually sounds sorta fun too.

Last edited: