• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New California courses update thread

B.T. Collins is Open

Baskets are in at Folsom, course is playable but rough. I should be picking up tee signs and sponser signs from the printer in the next couple of days and their will be a few more work days to get everything pretty. City and club are still planning an official opening ceremony, but the course Is playable and that's all any one cares about here. Would have been in sooner but I have been so sick the last couple of weeks.

Baskets are in at Folsom, course is playable but rough. I should be picking up tee signs and sponser signs from the printer in the next couple of days and their will be a few more work days to get everything pretty. City and club are still planning an official opening ceremony, but the course Is playable and that's all any one cares about here. Would have been in sooner but I have been so sick the last couple of weeks.

Thanks for the update and your time. Probably will get out there in the next week or so to give it a try.

Sharon was on the "Disc Golf Show" and made the official announcement on their today, their have been at least 100 people out already today and we have not really been promoting so were off to a good start.

New course in Socal, Mission Hills VA Disc golf Course. I believe it opened Friday the 28th. Its in North Hills, just north of los angeles.

Attachments

• mapping.jpg
    mapping.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 8
New course in Socal, Mission Hills VA Disc golf Course. I believe it opened Friday the 28th. Its in North Hills, just north of los angeles.

My new home course! Less than 5 mins from my house. Its on a 9 hole VA golf course. 18 baskets (old baskets from Verdugo Hills) 1 year trial basis. $5 to play during the week all day, 7$ on the weekends after noon.

I've played it twice now, its a fun track. Nothing awe inspiring, but at least a bit of a replacement for the loss of Verdugo.

New course in SF! Gleneagles golf course in McLaren Park. So that guy from save mclaren was right after all: disc golf on a golf course in norcal makes a lot of sense. At 8000ft +, it apparently (haven't made it out yet) is a MAJOR challenge. Look for a DGPT event there soon!

Yay! The last time I was there to play footgolf, the whole course was dried up and grass was gone. Is there any grass and do they still play. All golf there? Lots of elevation and length shod make that an awesome championship course. Great work people getting in that park!

Yay! The last time I was there to play footgolf, the whole course was dried up and grass was gone. Is there any grass and do they still play. All golf there? Lots of elevation and length shod make that an awesome championship course. Great work people getting in that park!

No idea Joe. I wasn't involved other than a small financial contrib. Jamie T, Sean J, Leonard, and a few others were the main organizers.

Just played opening day of East Park Reservoir. Fun new course in the foothills west of the north valley. Super hot today - play early and jump in the lake when you finish.

I just played a new one up here in McKinleyville at a local ball golf course. It's only tonepoles at the moment, but there will be baskets eventually

I just played a new one up here in McKinleyville at a local ball golf course. It's only tonepoles at the moment, but there will be baskets eventually

Is it at Beau Pre? A million years ago (or 25-30) I used to play ball golf there 20 times a year or so. It's been ten years since I've been there, but my memory tells me that there would be some pretty awesome potential DG holes there with the tight fairways and elevation changes

Does anyone know what happened to the Sun Valley course in La Mesa? It looks to be RIPed, did they remove it because it wasn't bringing in enough money? Golf players ask for it to be removed? I rather liked it, sad to see that it's dead

From a June 15, 2017 Press Release:

The City of La Mesa will be taking over the parkland known as Sun Valley Golf Course and turning it into a public park. The City of La Mesa first entered into a fifteen year lease agreement with Sun Valley Golf, LLC in 1997, to operate a ninehole executive golf course in MacArthur Park. In 2012, a five-year option extended the term to October 2017. In an effort to expand participation and increase revenue at Sun Valley, disc golf was added to the facility and most recently foot golf. Yet, the facility had seen steadily declining revenue since 2011. In October 2016, the operators, Johnny and Mary Jane Gonzalez requested early termination of the lease and have been on a month to month agreement since March 2017. They recently notified the City that they would be ending the agreement on June 30, with the last day of golf operations to be June 22.

From a June 15, 2017 Press Release:

The City of La Mesa will be taking over the parkland known as Sun Valley Golf Course and turning it into a public park. The City of La Mesa first entered into a fifteen year lease agreement with Sun Valley Golf, LLC in 1997, to operate a ninehole executive golf course in MacArthur Park. In 2012, a five-year option extended the term to October 2017. In an effort to expand participation and increase revenue at Sun Valley, disc golf was added to the facility and most recently foot golf. Yet, the facility had seen steadily declining revenue since 2011. In October 2016, the operators, Johnny and Mary Jane Gonzalez requested early termination of the lease and have been on a month to month agreement since March 2017. They recently notified the City that they would be ending the agreement on June 30, with the last day of golf operations to be June 22.

The guys from Dynamic Discs just toured the complex last week.

https://youtu.be/gnK0ic-02u8?t=3m16s

Last edited:
Central Park DGC in Santa Clarita is being approached tomorrow to put in multiple pin locations on the front 9 and I am trying to approach Sand Canyon Country Club about putting a 18 hole course in sometime in early 2018. I am looking for a course designer in Los Angeles. If you are able to help design and modify a course please send me a message.

Is it at Beau Pre? A million years ago (or 25-30) I used to play ball golf there 20 times a year or so. It's been ten years since I've been there, but my memory tells me that there would be some pretty awesome potential DG holes there with the tight fairways and elevation changes

It is at Beau Pre. It's a pretty fun course.