• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New course near Defiance, OH?!?

PirateAbu

On my way home from Sherwood Park yesterday my wife spotted a basket along the side of 18. We drove by again and sure enough looks like there might be a descent new course there. It is at Shepherd's Pasture Campground.

Unfortunately they do not have a website and I could not find any information about it online. I'll be giving them a call tomorrow and post my findings.

Their Facebook page says they have Frisbee golf.

It was really storming so I didnt get out of the car and walk around but did see hole 7 tee said 535' par 4 (may have been 635' but my eyesight isnt the greatest). The layout looks like they made really good use of the elevation changes and ponds.

Anyway going to their office wasnt any help. No one was there, although there was a sign that said visitors $1. There is no parking near the course so Im not sure if they only want paying campers or if the visitor fee would cover others coming in. I left them another vm so hopefully I get more info soon.

Still never got ahold of them.... Although I did run into a fellow discgolfer today. She said that she has played there before. According to her you only need to pay the visitor fee.

She said it is a nice little course, but the baskets are homemade. As long as the weather is nice I will be checking it out next Saturday and see if the owner is okay with it being added to the listing.