• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Discraft Clinic Video

upside down putt was awesome...what'd he call it? a scooper putt? scoober putt? I couldn't understand him when he said it.

Yeah Mike Randolph! Colorado Represent!

Scoober putts are great. I have also picked up a turbo putt for similar instances. I need to go work on the rollers though. It has been a while since I have needed to throw one and I think I may have lost the skill a little bit.

I'm gonna have to call shenanigans on the dive putt on the last shot. It's a foot fault... or rather a knee fault because his right knee hits the ground ahead of the marker prior to release. Here's the 8:13 freeze frame that shows his right knee down in front of the marker and the disc is still in his hands.

kneeground.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm gonna have to call shenanigans on the dive putt on the last shot. It's a foot fault... or rather a knee fault because his right knee hits the ground ahead of the marker prior to release. Here's the 8:13 freeze frame that shows his right knee down in front of the marker and the disc is still in his hands.

It comes down to distance from the basket. I was thinking the same thing when I watched it, but if his lie is over 10 meters from the basket its a legit shot. That said he looks pretty darn close to me.

kneeground.jpg
[/IMG]

Not sure if I agree/disagree but the idea is a good one...maybe he just botched the demo. I almost always screw up demos...just something about overthinking it and trying to do it slowly enough for the person to see....anyway

Screwing up a demo is fine, but using the screwed up footage as an educational tool from a major industry sponsor is just plain wrong.

It comes down to distance from the basket. I was thinking the same thing when I watched it, but if his lie is over 10 meters from the basket its a legit shot. That said he looks pretty darn close to me.

I don't think it comes down to the 10m rule because the disc is still in his hand when the knee touches. You can't have part of your body touching the playing surface ahead of the mark before release regardless of distance to the pin. If the disc had left his hand already, and he's outside 10m, then he could do a double somersault into a cartwheel for all I (and the rules) care.

cool video though... just noticed some shenanigans and calling light to it.

Discraft makes some great learning videos. Love to watch them and learn alot. Does Innova do such a thing?

My bad, didn't catch the "prior to release" in the previous post. I just assumed it was about falling past the mini since that was what I was thinking.

Screwing up a demo is fine, but using the screwed up footage as an educational tool from a major industry sponsor is just plain wrong.

lol that is pretty funny wouldn't see nike showing lebron missing a dunk or tiger shanking a chip shot would they? nice video tho always good times to watch

Aren't they also making it where within 10 meters you have to maintain balance after release of the putt...meaning even after you release it, you still can't fall forward? That is how it was explained to me this past weekend.

That is correct. We're working under the assumption that he's outside 10m, but it's still a foul that would result in a penalty

The connan o brian dg clip has some sweet scoobies if I remember correctly

Yes, but Dave Feldberg didn't use that overhand grip. I've never seen that grip on an upside down shot before.

Once again, Discraft makes a video as useful as their discs :cool:

Latest posts