• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Innova XB

so?

this happens all the time. ever read the "ask dave d" thread on PDGA? hes always discussing new things there are working on. alot get scrapped. i think its cool their selling them off.

http://www.pdga.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=1443632#post1443632

Kinda interested in that, much more interested in the C-P2...

keltik said:
good to know they are trying. looks like a modified fastback.

That is what I was thinking.

I also wonder how many designs they come up with that never get released and if we will now be seeing more of these experimental discs for sale. Seems like a good way to tap into the collector market.

Dave D @ PDGA said:
Dave D @ PDGA said:
Right now the only specs are that it is about a 13/14 speed and a 3/4 glide. The high speed is -2/-3 depending on nose angle and the low speed is 0 to +3, again depending on nose angle. Right now they will be offered in low weights predominately from 157gms up to about 164gms. Can't post the name until we get it certified.
Just to clear things up: The disc I was talking about in this quote no longer exists except for the proto shots, it was designated XB.
Ah, so this is what happened. They scrapped this and still had time to make two discs for December/January. =/

Looks interesting. They are all sold out at the Hero site so somebody's been buying them. Anybody tossed one of these yet?

Frank Delicious said:
keltik said:
good to know they are trying. looks like a modified fastback.

That is what I was thinking.

I also wonder how many designs they come up with that never get released and if we will now be seeing more of these experimental discs for sale. Seems like a good way to tap into the collector market.
i've got a millennium proto from 2008, it's got a driver top on it that i've never seen ... it's freakish too. you know how a skeeter dips down near the nose... well this was a driver top, valkish, that drops maybe 1mm from the nose. like an anhyzer top, but with an Eaglish tweak that seems to give more flip and fade.

this was the MOLR and QOLR proto, not the RR mold but a different design altogether. scrapped after 25 were made. i have 2 Pro and 1 Champ :D

i keep wondering where this top is gonna show up. the thing flew just like a QOLS btw.

the "anhyzer top" looks like the Orc top to me. just my speculation.

since we're talking about it, is it just me or is Ching and Quest the only ones that have really stepped outside the box when it comes to top/flight plate design? I know the wing is the obvious place for design change but it seems that the top also has a huge effect on flight pattern. why are the manufacturers so affraid to make discs super glidey so to speak? Is there something in the tech-specs that I missed?

I just bought pretty much all of the heavy ones they released, not sure if I'm going to throw one as it's not PDGA approved and I bought them more as a collectible disc. Eh :?

Aren't the numbers quoted by Dave D above very similar to the Innova Wahoo they're about to release?

The wahoo has way more glide than the XB
And it prolly won't look like some kinda ET rig.

The profile looks like something that'll never get approved
Xtra Bizarre

xb-head.jpg

Wait, is it like a lid or is that beveled edge? I'm confused as hell. The pic looks like a cake mold.

BrotherDave said:
Wait, is it like a lid or is that beveled edge? I'm confused as hell. The pic looks like a cake mold.

That's what I'm gettin' at...the thing looks like a mutant.

You could glue 2 of these top to top and make a fuggin' urethane freight train wheel (hey- super roller disc)

It looks like this to me (section view):
91565304.jpg

Like the world's widest toreador lid