• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New look of Innova Champion

Is a small, minimal stamp cheaper? does it use less of the foil surface area? i honestly don't know how hot stamping works. But whenever anybody in the publication business makes outline text with transparent fill, typically they are trying to save money printing.

so this means old style stamped discs are worth more now, right?

Yeah basically, when the 11x stuff first came out a lot of people hated it and longed for the 10x stuff. Now you are going to see crap on the market place described as original flight numbers or old school flight numbers or some other nonsense.

Pretty plastic but I want to see the DX stamp on the Champion discs. It doesn't make sense to me that the top of the line plastic has the minimal stamp but the bottom line plastic has the fun animals, scary ghosts, etc on it.

Pretty plastic but I want to see the DX stamp on the Champion discs. It doesn't make sense to me that the top of the line plastic has the minimal stamp but the bottom line plastic has the fun animals, scary ghosts, etc on it.

I have much agree!!1

Hmmm---the new stamp looks like a Madonna collage. :sick: Someone needs to suffer for this. :mad:

I think that the stamp is ok, but the font is terrible.

At least the thin lines of the stamp should acetone off nicely for dyers.

The faded bits are a bit odd. I always liked the discraft stamps because of how simple they looked compared to innova's in my eyes, so if they get rid of the weird shaded part I would be completely on board.

i love the feel of the new plastic , im definitely gonna get one of those first run terns to see how it can fit between my destroyers

As a designer, I think they chose the wrong font and then went overboard "styling" the font. Taking an already heavy font and then adding a thick stroke to the outside of the actual letter shape just isn't necessary for this application (plastic name). And then they add another stroke to the name of the mold and it just makes it harder to read and appear cluttered. There is no "need" for these effects. When outlining font letters, there are times when it can work to benefit the design (Innova logo with the half moon crescent). I think the logo/crescents would look good by itself but when you add the "cheesy" font and then over style it just for the **ll of it, it just ruins the overall design.

I like the font, but why is "Champion" the same size as the disc name? Since they chose not to print the phrase "Champion Tern" on the disc, it's odd that the plastic type gets the same (or higher, given its positioning) visual priority as the disc name.

If it were up to me I'd just put the dx stamp on everything and denote the plastic type off to the side somewhere. But honestly I don't understand why anyone cares.