• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] new md3

wow... i wonder how flat they can get. description of the flight does not sound like much of a change from the 1st/proto runs, which is great to hear. took my chances and placed my first international order for 2 orange ones. not going to be cheap but what the hey, I dont think Ive been as pumped about a disc since the PD started to click like 4 years ago. X-P1x is a close contender. These two molds have made my season.

As a long time Roc guy I really wanna try these.... But should I? Can you really beat Chings and other "good" rocs?!

First go at 2nd run P-MD3s. Look identical to proto run IMO. Feel maybe a bit slicker (was comparing to an unthrown black one). Temperature was about 5 degrees celcius so pretty nippy. Feel quite rigid in that temp. Flight did not deviate from fresh proto run either (great news!). Should beat into just what I like from this mold, i.e. slight turn (mini hyzerflip to flat) and very late negligible fade. For reference, I max out at around 85-90 meters with midranges, so not a huge arm.

S-line MD3's are here... John at Supreme Flight has some this evening and I would imagine a release very soon from DM

Swirly S line and they almost as flat as the P lines :D

how are the SMD3s molding/flying??

I would hope flat and overstable??

Both flat, and overstable :) I actually took out my glow md3 the last round I played and didn't need it.

S-MD3 is going to my favorite mid next season, I already know. Along with the Big stamped P-MD3.. I bought 6 of those just recently, they molded up perfectly flat and the plastic feels amazing. And they are overstable when fresh, I was bombing my new P line and I couldn't get it to turn, and it always finishes overstable, holds a hyzer I was suprised! Love them both.

Have a prototype P md3 for flippy but the newest P line runs are SOOOOOO much better!

Last edited:
I have said it like 10 times already but my fav molds this season is, by far, habds down, no doubt, the P-MD3. I get driverlike distance with putterlike control. And I used to be pretty much a midrangeless guy before these.

I have been reading up on MD3's and seeing some mixed reviews. I'm in place where I'm basically looking for a beadless Wasp. I checked out a BuzzzOS when they came out but thought they were too OS (like a faster Zone). If I were to pick up a 180g C-MD3 should I expect it to be a beadless Wasp where it will fight out of anhyzer and handle wind?

If you go with the flatter C-MD3, it would be comparable to a Wasp IMO. It would be a slight bit faster, but have similar fade to a current run Z-Wasp. If you go the Glow MD3 route(domier), it'll have a little more fade than the Z-Wasp, but it loses a bit in the speed category when compared to the flat C-MD3. Clear as mud?

If you go with the flatter C-MD3, it would be comparable to a Wasp IMO. It would be a slight bit faster, but have similar fade to a current run Z-Wasp. If you go the Glow MD3 route(domier), it'll have a little more fade than the Z-Wasp, but it loses a bit in the speed category when compared to the flat C-MD3. Clear as mud?

Thanks. I'm trying to decide between a C-MD3 and a 400G M1 (2016).

Controllable OS mid with no bead.

The newest run of the glow MD3 are in between the flat EO glow MD3's and the first run of glow MD3. Nice and mild - I know the DM touring pro's prefer and bag this run for OS needs.

The newest run of the glow MD3 are in between the flat EO glow MD3's and the first run of glow MD3. Nice and mild - I know the DM touring pro's prefer and bag this run for OS needs.

I was going to get one of the new Eagle McMahon glow MD3's but the shipping costs were harsh.

What's the feedback for those that have thrown the new MF MD3's? Straight stable?

I'm wondering the same thing. From what I've read on social media, they seem to be less stable than the C-line's, yet still retain good HSS. Sounds like they are going to be great.

I ordered a few this morning, so I'll know how they fly next week when they arrive.

Little disappointed in the fact that these didn't turn out more stable. Still find myself wanting an MD3 with more stability than the Eagle Glow that I bag.

Luckily my last couple of P-MD3's have gotten to the wear point that I rarely throw them anymore because I have a C-MD in that slot. If these do in fact fly like a new P-Line, I'm game. I would like to see an MD4...something a little more overstable than the MD3. It doesn't need to be Gator overstable, but right in between the Eagle MD3's and a FAF Champ Gator would be nice.

I would like to see an MD4...

I would buy four instantly. I love my MD3, but that OS mid slot is still hard to fill. Justice and Verdict are glideless bricks, even the 2015 retooled Prodigy M1 is just straight to OS, the Buzz OS was good, but didn't click too well for me, and the MD3 (while I love the disc) will flip up towards flat when thrown on a hard high hyzer line. I love the S-Line MD3s, but wish I could find one that would hold the released hyzer angle all the way through.

What's the feedback for those that have thrown the new MF MD3's? Straight stable?

Well my Metal Flake MD3's arrived today, and I was able to get out and thrown them. As expected they are less stable than production C-line's and the Glow's, but are just a tick more stable than the P-line out of the box.

It's a great compliment to my Eagle Glow that I bag, going straight for much longer before it's small but predictable fade kicks in. Honestly I feel these remind me most of a brand new, max weight Champ Mako3. VERY straight, with a nice touch of fade. But unlike the Mako3, the MF MD3 holds up better into the wind, and is more torque resistant from having more HSS.

All in all a VERY nice disc. Instantly went into my bag. Now if Discmania can just come out with a nice beefy mid I'll be all set.

Just got into MD3s and i'm hooked. Had a c and p line. The c line is nice and stable, it does flip up just a tad from a hyzer which is fine. The P line is much less stable than I expected. It's a very versatile disc that can do hyzers to big sky annies.

I was able to pick up the last factory second Glow MD3 and a G-MD3. I'm hoping the glow is a more stable run, it didn't say in the description. I like G-line plastic and hear the MD3 has more glide and stability in it so I may be switching to all G-MD3s for cycling.

Thanks Discmania for the great mold, longer Envy for sure.