• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Player - Houston

Hoss163

Hello Everybody,

I'm a new player (played 3 courses in 2 weeks) and as the other thread below states, i am hooked on this game !!

Wanted to say hi and will be reading up for what disks i should have.

I bought (from Academy) the...
Innova Birdie Putter - still getting used to a flop throw versus a regular throw
Shark Midrange - i throw this straight and the best over all but not much distance
Yellow Cheetah Driver - has a small left hook if i keep the release down and not release high up
Valkyrie Distance Driver - still hooks pretty good regardless of release height

Need to learn the forehand shot for a right curve and wanna learn the tomahawk throw as well

Ive noticed a few acronyms on this site... any posts that lists them all?

Look forward to the help and future games!

Welcome! I'm from Houston and have played the Agnes Moffitt and TC Jester courses multiple times! (Still needing to play some different ones whenever I'm in Houston).

Those are really good beginner disks that you picked up, the Valkyrie was my first driving disc as well.

There are some great youtube videos to help with learning new shots, and you can always look to the pros to see their form.

My favorite website for new discs and their flight patters is infinitediscs, you should check it out whenever you are looking for more!

Yea, i've played Agnes twice now and really like it.

Played the one in Sugar Land off of Hwy 90... its ok.

I'll check out that website and looking to get a practice bin for putting in the backyard.

Thanks for all the hi's

Yo yo! Another H town disc golfer here! Have you tried 1776 yet in friendswood?

Latest posts