• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New Run of 12x Firebirds

These new FBs have become a staple in my bag in recent months. Its a utility disc, but I use it a surprising amount. I use them for short (200-250ish) spike hyzers, forehands, skip shots, forehand rollers, and grenades. Absolutely love them for what they do. If I need more distance in an overstable disc, I throw my very OS C-PD, or a Force.

FB's are a staple in my bag, but I'm not really a fan of the flat FBX.
It is nice to see that they are making them in DX, Champ and Star plastic for those that like 'em.

Picked up a flat 12x today. Hard as a rock. I'm so pleased to see Innova make a great run of these. Its practically a boomerang, both back and forehand. I've yet to toss it overhand but I threw a couple decent forehand rollers...I NEVER throw decent forehand rollers!

The plastic doesn't rebound terribly when I hit something either...my opto XXX looks like its going through a pinball machine when I'm throwing in the woods.

I was disappointed to see Innova displaced the domey nature from the Firebirds to the Rhynos, but those comments are for the Rhyno thread.

Last edited:
I just picked up one of these and it's flatter than a flick. Wow, almost concave. I haven't thrown it yet but based on the reviews it'll be a nice utility. Might even bump my cpd2 out of the bag. It's limegreen-yellow champ with the swirly stuff going on in the blend. I can't wait to see the monster skips that I'll out of this thing. :clap:

Here is a picture of the one in my bag, although this picture was when it was new. I have been trying to beat this thing up but it is still just as stable (overstable) as the first time I threw it. Definatly a good tool to have in your bag.

feldbergfirebird.jpg

I picked one up that is super pearly, flat, stiff, and very pretty. I wasn't going to throw it but I finally did and this thing is super duper stable. This thing is amazing thumber disc that goes around 200ft-250ft thumbing. I also use it for mega dog legs.

IMG_1850.jpg

Last edited:
the new run of these are amazing. I like it because it is different than my 11x firebird and my 150 firebird. it has no where near the glide my 11x has and this new run in great for shots in the woods backhand, forehand and overhand. I can throw 450 feet and can barely get this disc over 300 ft which I don't mind bc I have other firebirds/discs for that. I think it's funny so many people are hating on these because they are great, I've had mine 3 months, used the **** out of it and it is as stupid over stable as the day I got it and there is barely a scratch/ding on it- it's hard as a rock too making it good for rollers too

Those pearly ones are slick - looking and feeling! - I think. I bought one from the DD truck when they came through MI, and the dude says, "You know, there's a bunch of pearly ones over there," and there were and they were beautiful, but the grip on the boring blue crosshatched one I got is amazing for Champ plastic.

best part is now the ones i like are super cheap! slight dome and pre flight 12x, i use glow for the same flight as these stable puppies.

11x still expensive and the 12x flat tops are keeping the value even used!

but my domey 12x pre flight numbers are a dime a dozen! oh yeah!