• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Updated Flight Chart??

I'll just rant about the one that bothers me the most: Squall

I've brought this up before, and I've even had someone claiming to be the author stating "not my best work." But, it has been way too far on the understable side for several years now.

The Squall is basically the Storm, yet they're 6 squares apart. I will concede that the plastic blend changes stability of molds, but even in base plastic, I'd put the Squall around Witness stability. In the newest SP blend, it's almost Roc3 stability.

About a year ago, I piped a Proline Squall down a tight tunnel on a rope. One of the guys letting me play thru asked me what I threw, and when I said "Squall" he was shocked. He said "Whoa that was amazing with such an understable disc." I just said something like "they're actually pretty neutral" as I walked away. I can only attribute this to the bad flight chart mis-educating the masses.

A couple other honorable mentions:
The H4 is not a neutral speed 10.
I'd put the Meteor in the Panther square, not the Kite square, and the Tursas and Foxbat should swap.
Polaris LS and the Orion LS are at least 2 squares too understable.

I'll stop there b/c I could do this for 20 more. Most just need to move a square or two, but I can't trust the MSt flight chart when the creators clearly don't seem too concerned about it being correct. I agree with GGGT Joe's flight chart being really good, but it can be tough to read. I prefer Inbounds, because it's so easy to sort and compare on their website.

I'll add another. The Tesla is definitely not a slightly-less-stable Volt. It's considerably faster.

Never seen a Storm, but Inbounds has it WAY different from the Squall too.

Yeah I noticed that too after I posted. I haven't thrown the Storm, but I've been told they're built on the same mold, with the Storm being more OS. The Zombee is also supposed to be similar, but I have no experience with it either. I can tell you that Inbounds represents the Squall flight characteristics much more accurately.

Yeah I noticed that too after I posted. I haven't thrown the Storm, but I've been told they're built on the same mold, with the Storm being more OS. The Zombee is also supposed to be similar, but I have no experience with it either. I can tell you that Inbounds represents the Squall flight characteristics much more accurately.

The Zombee looks a lot like the Squall.

I know lots of people like to crap on it, but I still like Innova's flight ratings.

Despite the flaws in Innova's rating system, it is still the de facto standard. Discraft's single number is basically worthless. There really isn't anything better than Innova's system at this time IMO.

I still wish some company using the 4 numbers would be brave enough to label runs/colors based on testing. It would be great to see a stack of Destroyers with different numbers. At least Innova has changed some numbers after time proved the originals off. I still laugh at the King's numbers.