• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Newb advice

I'm pretty new to disc golf, but I feel that I have an opportunity to be pretty good. What is the best way for someone like me to hone their skills? My ultimate goal is to go pro.

I'm pretty new to disc golf, but I feel that I have an opportunity to be pretty good. What is the best way for someone like me to hone their skills? My ultimate goal is to go pro.

the absolute best way is to stay away from the internet and go to every course you can and play disc golf. You won't get any better sitting in front of a computer.

If you are going to learn from the internet listen to guys like garublador who really know what they are talking about. But it is always better to learn on the course.
After a few days with Hysell, BMXCrazieKid was kicking my butt :)

If you are going to learn from the internet listen to guys like garublador who really know what they are talking about. But it is always better to learn on the course.
After a few days with Hysell, BMXCrazieKid was kicking my butt :)

after a few minutes

the absolute best way is to stay away from the internet and go to every course you can and play disc golf. You won't get any better sitting in front of a computer.

wont get any better by JUST sitting in front of a computer... but i believe watching several technique videos can only help for a beginner.

respect the course, practice, avoid big rimmed discs at first.

My advice would be to ask players that you know are better than you if you can play a round with them. More than likely they will be willing to give you any advice, tips, etc. that they feel you need.

Go to tournaments and see what it takes locally. Then play larger, possibly national or A tier in a dg hotbed to see what it takes to compete outside of your pond.

^This.

I tried watching videos, they didnt really help me. Playing with someone who is better than you will help if they can identify what you are doing wrong and help you correct it.

Good luck and keep practicing.

Find out if your local dg club has leagues (most do) and play as much as you can. It doesn't matter if you don't play as good as the guys out there, at leagues most of the guys are real nice and always willing to give you tips. I guess this goes under the same idea as playing with others who are better than you.

Find out if your local dg club has leagues (most do) and play as much as you can. It doesn't matter if you don't play as good as the guys out there, at leagues most of the guys are real nice and always willing to give you tips. I guess this goes under the same idea as playing with others who are better than you.

very good idea. im prolly about to do this myself

Latest posts