• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Newbs make my day on a daily basis

I don't play straight scales so who the hell would know the difference? They are all the same if you play them out of order, there are only so many notes in a key.

OK, let me say this:

How many people do you think read these threads with out ever signing in. How many people have discoverd disc golf for the first time with the Playstation, and are reading this to get more information? What are they thinking right now after reading all this?:doh:

You guys out there that think you are God's gift to disc golf, or that all these new players need to learn something, why don't you put on a disc golf clinc at your local course? That is what I did.

At my local Library, I put on a disc golf class. I have pictures to prove it. I also handed out a buyers guide for the local sporting goods store, and made a list of what would be good for beginners and what discs would not be good for beginers. That is one way to educate new players.

Plus, if this kid is having fun, let him. Also, if you think he is so wrong, ask him, "Hey kid, have you ever tried throwing a Leopard?" And you have a slower disc in your bag, let him try it, and open his eyes, rather than stand there, and act like you are so better than him.

We need to welcome new players to the sport, and help them to get better rather than act like we are better than them.

Damn, you have pictures to prove it? I was all ready to call BS on you, but pictures? Snap!

Rather than talk about how you took your 21 years of playing, and gave something back to the community, you are going to rip on me?

Well, I have always heard , when someone doesn't have anything smart to say, they usually say something stupid.

When exactly did I say you were wrong for teaching a disc golf class? Good for you! I apologize for not validating your good deed. I just found it funny that you felt the need to actually tell us that you had pictures, not to show the good work that you have done, but to PROVE it.

Again, I'm not about bashing new players for sucking, not at all. I'm about bashing the guy that made the hard sell on the Ape. I am very friendly towards new players, in fact I ran into that kid again and threw some freestyle with him, he's a nice kid. Did you read the rest of the posts in this thread or did you simply respond to the first one?

I read about half the post, and I am glad you and the kid worked things out. Sure, the guy was wrong for selling it to him, but there is nothing we can do about that.

I don't take this game as serious as I used to. I just play for fun, and I try to improve my game the best I can. As long as we in the group are all having fun , so be it.

Well actually, we had nothing to work out. What a strange thing to say :confused:

Well, you seemed to have a problem with him bragging about throwing an Ape.

Lets bottom line this:

What is your point to all this? That Noobs shouldn't play? They should be better educated? We need to rally the people together and protest this shop for selling 13 speed discs to new players? What is the point here?

Not a whole lot, the thread is 50% troll anyways. Originally, I was just amazed that a complete noob would get sold an Ape and was expressing my amazement publicly. At this point the point is to contribute to the trolling and defend my name when people only read the original post and make snap judgments about me.

Not a whole lot, the thread is 50% troll anyways. Originally, I was just amazed that a complete noob would get sold an Ape and was expressing my amazement publicly. At this point the point is to contribute to the trolling and defend my name when people only read the original post and make snap judgments about me.

This is the Internet, so I wouldn't worry too much about how people judge you. Some people around here like me, some don't. Only a handful of people on this site even know me or have met me in person. I don't use those facts to gage myself. I know who I am.

You made a statement. Some people will agree, some won't. You would get the same reaction if you were in a room with 100 people and posed the question.

I agree, I would have laughed if I saw the kid with the new disc, acting like Mosses coming down from the mountian, but, so be it. That statement would have been made even if you hadn't been there to hear it.

All we can do is try to educate new players. Some will listen, some won't. I once met a guy, playing his second round ever, using a DX Wraith. He couldn't understand why it kept crashing and burning to the left. I told him he needed a slower disc like a Leopard, and the Wraith would always go right, till he got better. I was told by him, "I don't care what you say, I am just going to throw the Wraith to the right, and let it come back because I think this is a cool looking disc and I like it"

I gave up at the point. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. I don't argue with people on the course anymore. If you don't want to listen, thats not my problem.

I don't care what people think of me on the internet so long as it doesn't affect my ability to purchase stuff in the marketplace or spill over into my real life. This thread seemed to get me on a real life person's **** list, so I'm making a point to respond to more pointed criticisms.

Latest posts