• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nicknames for DG

FROLFIN DOLPHINS.

AND THE DOLPH STANDS FOR
Lundgren_Ivan_Drago.jpg

I keep a small bottle of acid just in case someone says frolf, so i can throw it in their face

I have to say frisbee golf when talking to non DG'ers otherwise they have no idea what I'm talking about.

Although I should probably just call it "going to hang out in the woods with a bunch of drunk weed smoking rednecks who occasionally throw discs"

God, I hate the word "Frolf".

That being said, I will sometimes say (sarcastically) that "I'm off to throw some frisbees".

Normally, though, I just call it "Disc".

God, I hate the word "Frolf".

That being said, I will sometimes say (sarcastically) that "I'm off to throw some frisbees".

Normally, though, I just call it "Disc".

It could be worse. The street signs with directionals to my local 9 holer say "Frisbee Golf Course". I live on the one block street leading up to it. How embarrassing.

I will never understand people who get upset when someone else calls Disc Golf Frolf. Sure it's not accurate, but it's not insulting either. I'm an avid Disc Golfer and I use the term Frolf all the time. I personally don' care what anyone calls it, you could call it Turd Bird Smegma Chucking and I would still play it

I don't know where the unholy frolf came from, but folf is perfectly acceptable, and has been used as long as I have been chucking plastic.

My buddies call it Friz.

I'm with Bikinimower; no big deal to me personally what people call it. Non-DGers ridicule it either way.

My 3 yr old son calls it "disc-ee". I usually just say "dg", but I grew up in "PA", moved to "DE" and shorten most everything to initials, including all the dg courses I play - WC, IH, B-Wine...

Latest posts