• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nockamixon Course Video

yeah jerome thats just how they do it on the charlotte website except there is a heck of a lot of bouncing going on. I think all the good courses should have something like that showing the course.You should up load it to the lvdc site.

yeah jerome thats just how they do it on the charlotte website except there is a heck of a lot of bouncing going on. I think all the good courses should have something like that showing the course.You should up load it to the lvdc site.

Just did....I guess its proof that Nocky has some tough footing...LOL!

Laughing......yeah, it's not a flip-flop wearing kind of course. Oh and for you guys that don't like trees? This isn't the place for you. :p

Wow. Nocky looks extremely challenging and unforgiving.

that video makes me want to go back and play it again, if a course is going to be that long then it had better be that well designed.

Wow. Nocky looks extremely challenging and unforgiving.

Yeah, that's one way to put it. Nocky is less about playing well and more about not making mistakes. It's beaten me like a red-headed stepchild every time I've played it, but it's still a FANTASTIC course.

Very cool - thanks for sharing. IMO that is better than any review can ever be! Looks like a great albeit brutal course. Very choppy video.....but the music used at the end was almost perfectly in sync with that. :)

It seemed like the whole course was made up of 550-ish par-4's......but I checked and only 1/3 of the course fits that bill.

Nocky, French Creek and Iron Hill are the three most changing courses and very similar in course layout. Heavily wooded, longer drives but do-able. They are not your average fun neighborhood disc golf courses. You truly have to think your drives out, if you throw a sloppy drive you will be punished for it. But if you play safe and have average or above skill level, you will do fine and enjoy the challenge. There aren't any ace opportunities on these courses, but the pars are fair if you play them right. All the guys who say just play every hole as par 3?......good luck. You are way above my skill level.

Hole 6 and hole 16 have been aced by 990 rated players but it's happened. Hole 4 is the only true ace run on the course but it's not easy. French creek iron hill. And nockamixon are indeed the wooded devils of the midatlantic. However u r right. They play tough but fair it's a matter of skill. Just be ready to throw 70-80+ on these courses. Dave242 when u r gonna come tour our area?

really cool idea, yeah the bounce was a little annoying, I'm gonna have to try that this summer, and I MIGHT be able to get my greasy little paws on a steady cam... already running a list of courses through my head (Valpo, Lemon Lake, Highland Park, and IF I can get a cam long enough, my next trip up to Winter Park)

Protip: Invest in a steadicam (not really but it would sure help)

22%2009%202006steadicam_flyer_1.jpg

That course looks completely different than when I played it in '03. I lived in Quakertown for 4 months back then. Weird place, great disc golf though.

Hole 6 and hole 16 have been aced by 990 rated players but it's happened. Hole 4 is the only true ace run on the course but it's not easy. French creek iron hill. And nockamixon are indeed the wooded devils of the midatlantic. However u r right. They play tough but fair it's a matter of skill. Just be ready to throw 70-80+ on these courses. Dave242 when u r gonna come tour our area?

I'm sure that there have been a few aces on the courses I mentioned. I'm glad people have, this gives others hope. In my mind a 175-250' drive (real distance) tee to basket is a ace opportunity for most players. On these courses you have to thrown clean and not touch a tree to boot. Getting a ace here is a true accomplishment or the DG Gods just smiled on you. I think birdies and eagles are much more realistic expectations.

Opti,
yeah, you have to mentally anticipate and except scores 70-80+ while on other courses you score 50-60+. But here, when you tally your score after a round don't get disappointed. Just check out the score sheet for the course and see what others got, it will make you feel better.......laughing. For me if I score +15-20 than I had a bad day because of sloppy drives, lumber jacking and missing long putts. If I get a 5-10 over Par I'm happy. ;)

Dave, drop us a PM when your coming to our neighborhood. It will be a fun day.

Thanks for sharing man. The first few holes look sweet, but I couldn't watch it with all that bouncing. I don't like roller coasters. Probably related.

My father used to take me fishing on lake Nockamixon when I was younger. I have fond memories of that place, and can't wait to play the course.

so glad Nocky has a full 18 now. 7, 12 and 14 are also ace-able for sure. Ive been close on all of them but havent stuck one yet. One day my friends, one day.

Latest posts