• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Non Stop Disc Golf Tour

I can't imagine being in the top 10 players in the world competing at a B tier trying to make a living, it'd get hard getting beat or fighting it out with the same 3 guys (whom you live with as well). Let's say they add $500 to a B tier. Hooray!!

So if there are 12 open players at $60 that is $720 + 500 (of course this doesn't filter out PDGA fees and what not). $1220 to pay out the top 40%. In reality that is not a drop in the bucket for a 2 day event when you figure out everything you have to do to get there, gas, food, etc.

So payouts would be something like:

Imagine now sharing that piece of the pie with the same 3 guys you live with. In all retrospect they probably wish they would have created some type of clothing line or following and each branched out to a different event each week. It would have made more sense financially, I couldn't imagine trying to make a living and fighting it out with my friends on the course each week to do it.

@ chris
Bingo

Also, what ZJ said is right to some degree Id think,but, if it was really succesful, I think they wouldve tried harder to make it work via sponsors and whatnot, so, i think chris' assumption is the main factor. Ive heard some messed up ish about Dave

Yeah I'm sure it's all got some truth but only those 4 know. Didn't want to know name names since I don't have first hand knowledge. And it wasn't about payouts but more if failure in keeping track of where the money went. But again that's what I heard thru the grapevine, not firsthand

I can't imagine being in the top 10 players in the world competing at a B tier trying to make a living, it'd get hard getting beat or fighting it out with the same 3 guys (whom you live with as well). Let's say they add $500 to a B tier. Hooray!!

So if there are 12 open players at $60 that is $720 + 500 (of course this doesn't filter out PDGA fees and what not). $1220 to pay out the top 40%. In reality that is not a drop in the bucket for a 2 day event when you figure out everything you have to do to get there, gas, food, etc.

Imagine now sharing that piece of the pie with the same 3 guys you live with. In all retrospect they probably wish they would have created some type of clothing line or following and each branched out to a different event each week. It would have made more sense financially, I couldn't imagine trying to make a living and fighting it out with my friends on the course each week to do it.

Keep in mind, they did all the AM's payout via the NSDG web store. That store was run by Dave. Dave also got 20+ vouchers for free Keen shoes. Dave was also the one doing all the paperwork for the TD reports.

Yes they only split $500+ in added cash, but they all got a peace of the AM payouts. (They were all suppose to get a cut of the AM payout money). Not sure that ever got divided up properly. I also know people here in Knoxville that were never able to get the NSDG web store to take the vouchers to work, so some of the $$ was never redeemed.

Think about just the Keen deal. If I hand a 1st place INT a voucher for shoes from the keen site. $125 value. The payout for INT 1st place would have been $70-$100. Dave was able to pocket that $100, then show the PDGA he paid $125 worth of merch. Times that $70-$100 by the number of free vouchers from Keen and it starts to add up.

We are only talking 1 sponsor, not all the Innova/DC disc's and all other sponsors that donated product. I'm not a hater about that part. Dave always did AM's payout 125%+. I think it took a few months for the other people to see the amount of money generated didn't match what was getting paid out.

NSDG did lots of good for the promotion of DG. They went to so many schools and introduced the game to many many people.. That to me was what NSDG was all about.

-Chris

Last edited:
I was also unable to get my voucher to work and never got to redeem my $50 credit for winning Adv. Women at the NSDG Event in Nashville. Still disappointed about that.

It was all a lucrative scam, they all knew about it. I know thid for a fact. the people you trust most in this world are the ones that f*** you over the most.

I was also unable to get my voucher to work and never got to redeem my $50 credit for winning Adv. Women at the NSDG Event in Nashville. Still disappointed about that.

Travis never got his bag from 1st place payout @ same tourney...kinda sad and bush league

They made sure there was more than your average B-tier payout. They payed the top 4...and sometimes 5 really well.

It was all a lucrative scam, they all knew about it. I know thid for a fact. the people you trust most in this world are the ones that f*** you over the most.

I know for a fact that 3 out of the 4 trusted that Dave was handling everything on the up and up. Dave was the only person that had control over the payout website. I have people in Knoxville that have emailed and called Dave about the issues with no resolution.

When I or any of the other NSDG guys ask Dave about it he would promise to take care of the issues, but to my knowledge he never did.

All i can do as the TD of the event is apologize to the people that got F'd by Dave due to the payout problems. I've even cashed in a few of the web vouchers with my personal collection in a attempt to make it right.

If anyone needs Daves email or Cell number in regards to the NSDG payout PM me and I'll pass the info to ya.

-Chris

Nonstop

I would like to hear more Chris. I was there for the tournament and did their clinic. At the time I had no backhand in my game and they did teach me that. But the video they did of our throwing was supposed to be done that night they said but it was at least a couple months before I saw it. And that was after 3 emails from me and 2 friends. Ended up just being a youtube video. I thought it was going to have some instruction geared specifcally to each of us and it was just a link with all of us throwing before and after. If I had a backhand at all during that time then the clinic would have been a waste of time and money. However they were all very friendly. I especially liked Nikko and Will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwFSjlkTuWY&list=FLfsLI46wx4QlBHe1ABU1vkw

Latest posts