• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

The am listing is just the type of membership you have, you sign up for a specific division when you play in a tournament.

Two questions regarding the PDGA.

1. I'm a junior, is my rating based on all of the people who have played the course, or just the juniors. I won my tourney in juniors but played against all non-PDGA members.

2. On my membership card there is a verification code, what does this do? I already have a PDGA account but don't know how to make it so its hooked up to my membership also, is this what if is for.

Thanks

2. On my membership card there is a verification code, what does this do? I already have a PDGA account but don't know how to make it so its hooked up to my membership also, is this what if is for.

Thanks

I don't have my card in front of me, but I believe the code you are referring to is used when you renew your membership. I'm not sure if it is used for anything else.
What account are you talking about?

1. I'm a junior, is my rating based on all of the people who have played the course, or just the juniors. I won my tourney in juniors but played against all non-PDGA members.

Thanks

I don't have my card in front of me, but I believe the code you are referring to is used when you renew your membership. I'm not sure if it is used for anything else.
What account are you talking about?

Bump to question 1 and

Thanks and I made an account on PDGA (free), I think it may be just for the online store. I just made one since I thought I would need it.

Your ratings in each in each round determined by everyone who played the exact same course as you. So if certain divisions (usually Juniors, Women, sometimes Grand Masters, etc) play shorter tees or something, their scores would be calculated separately.

So if all the players in Open, Advanced, Intermediate, and so on, play the same baskets and the same tees, their scores will all be factored in together when calculating ratings.

Thanks

I believe you need that code if you want to create an account on the PDGA forum, too.

FAF, what does is stand for?

I have seen a number of Firebirds listed as FAF Firebirds. Help a slow guy out with the definition.

Ok. I've been playing for a while and I know the game. I'm just now starting a collection, and sometimes I see people say "second run" or "fourth run". I know what that means, but as far as I've seen they only have special stamps on first run discs? How do I tell what run my (non first run) disc is? Also, is there a way to find out specifically what # of disc your first run disc is? I have several first runs in my collection, and I just wanna find out how many discs of that mold were made before it.

New Leopard question?

I have looked at a number of new Champion Leopards lately and there appears to be 2 different molds. One is the CAL, and the other is the CA. The reason I am asking the question is that it seems a bit odd to be running 2 different molds from the same factory. The 2 molds are so very different, quality control would be pretty tough. The CA mold has a huge dome, I refer to is as a stripper boob.

The CAL mold is the same as the Candy Pro Leopard from years ago. I have a few of those and the bottom is the same.

What's funny is this appears to have been going on since 2012. I have both molds going back some time. I can't imagine that Innova produces piles of discs and prints them when they need to fill orders. This day and age we never carry extra inventory beyond what our forecast can predict.

Is this normal for them to run different molds or do they just have piles of disc?

That's not exactly a noobie question...you may actually get more help in the discs forum under "what's the story on this disc"? It's a pretty informative thread!

I have an order of play question. I was always under the impression that, after the first hole, tee off order is determined solely by score; lowest score going first. In case of a tie, order is determined by scores on earlier holes. Right? That seems to be the gist of rule #801.05 B. Well recently I was playing with someone who was convinced that, in the case of a tie, if one person had say a 4 and the other had a 4p, then the player without the penalty would shoot first. Is there any validity to this? As far as I know, there is no difference between a 4 and a 4p. I have never heard of this before, and I can't find it in the rule book. I asked the tournament organizer about this and he said that, for the purposes of determining tee off order, a 4 does trump a 4p. I asked him if this was in the rule book, and he said no. So my questions are #1. Is this in the rule book somewhere? and #2. If it's not a rule, then why would it be treated as such? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have an order of play question. I was always under the impression that, after the first hole, tee off order is determined solely by score; lowest score going first. In case of a tie, order is determined by scores on earlier holes. Right? That seems to be the gist of rule #801.05 B. Well recently I was playing with someone who was convinced that, in the case of a tie, if one person had say a 4 and the other had a 4p, then the player without the penalty would shoot first. Is there any validity to this? As far as I know, there is no difference between a 4 and a 4p. I have never heard of this before, and I can't find it in the rule book. I asked the tournament organizer about this and he said that, for the purposes of determining tee off order, a 4 does trump a 4p. I asked him if this was in the rule book, and he said no. So my questions are #1. Is this in the rule book somewhere? and #2. If it's not a rule, then why would it be treated as such? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just ran into this in a tournament a few weeks ago, and we all agreed that 4 and 4p were equivalent.