• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

North or South Wisconsin

WIGS

OK Guys- Where would you go if you had a 4 day Weekend? North or South. I live in Kaukauna and i'm thinking Milwaukee, Madison or Highbridge.

I play every one of those places very often and my favorite, easily, is northern, head up to highbridge, from there you're only about 45 minutes from Sandy Point, you can hit up some of the best courses in the world if you head north. Madison and Milwaukee both have excellent courses, but nothing like highbridge, you'll never get bored there.

Highbridge no doubt. You live next to plenty of courses in the fox valley that are comparable to Madison/Milwaukee. Like Mickas said, Sandy Point is a nice stop, and Mont du Lac isn't too far away. If you get bored with the courses at Highbridge, I'd be surprised. Plus, there are waterfalls and the apostle islands on your door step. Head north my friend.

highbridge to appleton. but id spend 2 days at highbridge and a day at sandy point or tower ridge

Man, I can't wait til I can get to highbridge sometime (I live in appleton), and also I haven't heard much about sandy point, any info on it? I found a disc at grignon with a stamp from there once, and still haven't figured out what it is,

Man, I can't wait til I can get to highbridge sometime (I live in appleton), and also I haven't heard much about sandy point, any info on it? I found a disc at grignon with a stamp from there once, and still haven't figured out what it is,

are you joking?

Here is the link for Sandy Point, and you know where the reviews are. It's not the longest course, but it's a favorite of some of the old timers (all offense intended). Honestly it's a damn fine course, but you can play two rounds there as quickly as one at Gold or Granite. I can't imagine playing a whole day there, seems redundant.

Here is the link for Sandy Point, and you know where the reviews are. It's not the longest course, but it's a favorite of some of the old timers (all offense intended). Honestly it's a damn fine course, but you can play two rounds there as quickly as one at Gold or Granite. I can't imagine playing a whole day there, seems redundant.

theres alot of other good courses near by to isnt there? yulga isnt far right?

look up tower ridge. 2 courses

Tower Ridge won't be on his way if he lives in Kaukauna. It does have two courses and some nice elevation changes though. Yulga and Standing Rocks could be on the way, but I'm not sure they're worth a stop if he lives an hour away. That'd be more of a day trip for me.

100% north if ya can, otherwise milwaukee has nice courses but not as scenic, and madison no way.

I hear Highbridge might be closing soon (not making any money)

That's always been the rumor. I've never heard anyone reputable giving me a reason to believe it. I spoke with John, the owner, three weeks ago, and I don't think there is anyway he'd let it go. He was talking about how much he'd been enjoying sneaking out and mowing from midnight to 6am, and sneaking back in before his wife woke up to go to work. The man is passionate about his property, and loves sharing it with disc golfers.

I live in Milwaukee and shoot Brown Deer daily and every other course a lot and I must say that the north is the place to be, and u def have to take a day out for sandy point

Go west young man. Come to Minneapolis and play Bryant Lake, and Blue Ribbon Pines, and Kaposia.

Also my daughters 3rd birthday party is sunday morning. come dressed as your favorite fairy and get free birthday cake.

Highbridge and Sandy Point by far! Four courses that are better than anything you are going to find in Milwaukee or Madison, in my opinion.