• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Not having a specific putting putter

I don't bother to carry putting putters, I just go for an ace every time...

Of course I end up having to throw one of my 3 driving putters, when I miss the ace.... So there's that.

But seriously
3 putters - 2 hard, 1 soft.

The hards are my putting AND driving putters. They are weight matched and interchangable; the soft only comes out for a dangerous landing zone.

Couple extra in a bin in case I lose 1 or damage it too badly.

I've got a mixed bag and still sorting out what I like.

For putts inside C1 it almost always an SS Wizard. If there is a chance of a roll away it's the Wizard.

I bought a 5 pack of Prime Wardens a year ago to practice putting. I also bought a softer Warden when I bought the Wizard.

I have a prime judge as well, and an DX Aviar.

I'm trying to decide what to throw for the upshot or long putts. Right now it's usually a Prime Warden, but liking the Aviar.

I am carrying 4 putters right now. Going with what I feel like in the moment. Most often the Wizard or longer putts it is the Warden.

I like the stiffer plastic for longer throws as it seems straighter with more glide.

Mold minimalist here. I like having the confidence in the feel of a single mold that can be lined up to perform different duties.

I carry 4-5 Judges with me in my main bag:

1 max weight Classic - Putting putter only,
1 beaten in Classic - My old putting only putter that has been relegated to longer anny putts, floaty touch shots, air bounces,
1 167g Lucid - Main driving and long range putter. Despite the weight and how much it's been thrown, this the most OS Judge in my bag and has been for years now,
1 max weight Fuzion - 1st run from 2013 GBO player pack. Straight/turnover drives. Hyzer flip machine,
1 max weight Lucid-X - Do it all putter. This putter is in and out of my main bag, depending on the course, but it's the main putter I take whenever I'm playing with a small bag or if I'm traveling and just have 3-4 discs with me.

I carry 2 putting putters (DX Aviars, 1 super old and 1 less worn in). Then I have 2 driving/approach putters (MVP Ohms, 1 older and 1 newer). I also have one overstable MVP Entropy for forehand and windy approaches.

Last edited:
My home course (for reasons no one can explain to me) installed these abomination number plates onto the tops of the baskets:

picture.php

They are thin and my "putting" putter is sliced up like a ham sammich due to those damn things. :mad: So much for a smooth and consistent feel because I'm just using it for putting. :\

How bad does it irritate you? For a small amount of time and money, you could do "public service".

https://www.amazon.com/Guards-Rubbe...C6F5BSY,B07MVWQM3H,B07KC2B4DW,B078JPC8VJ&th=1

I am using different molds for driving/approaching vs putting. I like the Wizard for putting and Envy for straight driving/approach. But maybe someday I will find a putter that i like for putting and driving. I also use Zone and Sol for drives/approaches that need overstable/understable flights...but these are really just slow mid range discs, right?

Same here.

Eraser Wizard for putting. I think soft plastic sticks to the chains better. Every time I use hard plastic I get spit outs. I don't drive with it as one bad bounce can alter its flight. ( I think this but I my dog has been chewing a couple discs for a year and they fly the same.)

A backup putter or two for practice. Or if the wizard is acting up and needs a time out:p

Plasma Envy for drive/approach. I like it to be able to handle the bounces.

Yup I'm pretty much here to echo everyone else... I have a stack of about 9-10 plasma 167 envy. Out of that stack 2 are "yard" discs meaning heavily seasoned (took 3 years), 3-4 are "getting there" and the others are pretty stiff still but no where near out of the box ridiculous.

I practice putt with all of them and I drive and putt with the same ones. Due to them being a premium plastic I'm not worried about a tragic tree hit, that's why I stopped throwing magnets. Come tourney time I bag two that are similar, many times I will throw 5 putts or so with all of em and see which 2 get in the basket the most.

I generally pick one to putt with, I especially like having two for competition in case I lose one or more likely I hit a bad streak with my putts... I blame the putter and start putting it's buddy to try and get my mojo right.