• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Now that's a pro call-out

This reminds me of the Lara Croft doll scene from the movie "Grandma's Boy."

Plenty of passion, which is admirable...but sort of all over the place.

If this is something important to him, he should present it better, especially if he's doing it as a public statement.

I've got no problem with public media for this, but why post publicly what's only aimed at a few. PM those people and flame the s out of them, or keep it general for the masses...just maybe not THIS general.

This is DGCR, we really need to know who's discs to boycott! :D

You know, this seems awfully similar to a recent anonymous blog posting calling for change in the sport without actually proposing any solutions...

:popcorn:

It's actually not at all similar. Methinks you're instigating with this post.

Maybe it's just me but $10K + $7-10K of Plastic isn't that cushy of a thang.

It might not be just about Prodigy but I find it hard to believe that those guys aren't near the core of his point. I'm sure the "California" "hall of famers and legendary people" that "you kids have never even heard of" sure it a point at that clique.

Unfortunately I think you're missing his point. IMO he's not so much taking regional shots as he's saying the sport originated in California and many of the first generation players have passed that culture on, and when it sprouted up elsewhere the culture of the game didn't get so much translated.

While that attitude may or may not be prevalent on people who are on the Prodigy team, my opinion is that it's not about the sponsor, it's about the individual.

Also...cushy is relative. If I'm being a sportswriter here...my opinion is that management is paying a hefty chunk for 0 world championships.

it's not about the sponsor, it's about the individual.
Barsby is calling out indivduals. not entire teams, regions or any group of people. Some of the individuals may or may not be on the Prodigy team. I am leaning towards may.

This reminds me of the Lara Croft doll scene from the movie "Grandma's Boy."

Plenty of passion, which is admirable...but sort of all over the place.

If this is something important to him, he should present it better, especially if he's doing it as a public statement.

I've got no problem with public media for this, but why post publicly what's only aimed at a few. PM those people and flame the s out of them, or keep it general for the masses...just maybe not THIS general.

This is DGCR, we really need to know who's discs to boycott! :D

*whose :p

Unfortunately I think you're missing his point. IMO he's not so much taking regional shots as he's saying the sport originated in California and many of the first generation players have passed that culture on, and when it sprouted up elsewhere the culture of the game didn't get so much translated.

While that attitude may or may not be prevalent on people who are on the Prodigy team, my opinion is that it's not about the sponsor, it's about the individual.

Also...cushy is relative. If I'm being a sportswriter here...my opinion is that management is paying a hefty chunk for 0 world championships.

And trust me, there are plenty of individuals in California who are on the "I want it all and I want it now" train, too. This seems more like old school versus new school, to be sure.

And for everyone telling him to name names...He said there was more coming. Be patient, geez. :D

Make a fake name. Done.

I guess I could do that, but it feels a bit dirty. Some people like to use that to create false identities online and do creepy things like agree/argue with themselves on political forums or post bad things. But I guess just for checking my local DG club, it wouldn't be a bad idea.

Let's put it out there...NIKKO. People have been saying for years that he's changed but he's quite clearly still a nutcase and can't control his emotions at all. In video after video you can see him whining, bitching and acting like a schizophrenic at all times on the course. I've also seen it in person. It seems as if the large majority of touring players are tired of his crap.

Let's put it out there...NIKKO. People have been saying for years that he's changed but he's quite clearly still a nutcase and can't control his emotions at all. In video after video you can see him whining, bitching and acting like a schizophrenic at all times on the course. I've also seen it in person. It seems as if the large majority of touring players are tired of his crap.

Just fyi, Nikko responded to Barsby's post with:

"It's always good to speak your mind and get things off your chest. I support any change that will better the future of disc golf. It's all about progression and making a difference."

Just fyi, Nikko responded to Barsby's post with:

"It's always good to speak your mind and get things off your chest. I support any change that will better the future of disc golf. It's all about progression and making a difference."

Yep I wouldn't jump to conclusions and I think we should avoid starting rumors by naming names.

Yep I wouldn't jump to conclusions and I think we should avoid starting rumors by naming names.

Good point. Everyone has their baggage. I know someone who had good experiences talking to Feldberg, and another who had bad experiences with him. Note: This was a general example, I am not trying to speculate whether or not Feldberg is on Barsby's "list."

If they're tired of his crap, maybe they ought to grow a backbone and call him out on his crap when it happens. Not just an occasional warning during a round or vague social media posts or sniping about him behind his back. Pull him aside between rounds or after a tournament and talk to him or yell at him or something.

I've seen, from afar, his antics/tantrums and was shocked that not only did his group do and say nothing (no warnings, officially or otherwise) but they and others were defending and rationalizing his behavior after the fact. Just "Nikko being Nikko" and "let him do his thing and don't make it worse". They're enabling him.

I think he's definitely speaking of individuals and who knows, some are likely prodigy guys. With so little real info it's impossible to know for sure but I would say this involves the rules, or rather the lack of enforcing certain rules on the course. Maybe some guys on the same team or in the same clique are looking after each other on rule violations that fall in the "gray" area. Just a hunch but that's what I got from Greg's statement.

Cool that some companies let people represent both them and a competitor at the same time.

AFAIK Westside doesn't have a "traditional" sponsorship model in disc golf terms. I think their "team" is more business based and not player endorsement but I may be wrong. I don't know too much about them other than what Barsby himself has told me, and that's my own interpretation of what he said.

Although, speculating into the future I think that smaller companies will divest their teams in that manner (because I think smaller market share comapnies will have to get specific with what they bring, there's too many companies trying to be full-service/full-arsenal).

Don't do facebook and don't watch MTV's Real World. This useless example of how my generation has taught our children to solve problems, kind of makes me ill. Got an issue, meet up and talk or drop the gloves. This kind of stuff, along with Twitter drivel is de-evolution. DEVO.

^ you sound like my great great grandfather who i never met and is clearly dead. whether it's a positive or a negative on the whole is an entirely other debate but you clearly fail to understand that you can't reach people who have immersed themselves in the social media movement any other way than the way they have chosen to communicate with the world around them.

i also think it's quite hilarious you bash that but come on here of all places to connect with people.