• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] NUKE!!!

Thizzle J

Who throws a Nuke?? I need some details before I purchase one... I wanna know what disc its comperable to and if it is worth the cash... I like to usually throw something less stable like a Valk or Beast, someone let me know if it would be a good fit please...

How far do you throw your current stuff?

this is defiantly information we would need to know. IMO there are not any disc like the nuke. i have thrown katanas and bosses but the first time i threw a nuke it went farther then my katana and boss. i think the nuke is more accurate for me as well

The Nuke is my best disc. I would call it a less stable Force. I use it both forehand and backhand for any length of hole from 180 to infinity.

I can throw the Valk and Beast about 400' with no wind just snapped with a lil hyzer and it flips and flies straight... Never tried any fancier shots with those 2... I use a Champ Roadrunner for crazy big shots but from what I read the Nuke is not anywhere near a Roadrunner type disc....

The Z Nuke is super money, the ESPs are great for Hyzer-Flipping. I love my Nuke almost as much as my Surge. I wasn't a big fan of the X Nukes but I'm not a fan X plastic in general. From my experience the Nuke will hold the hyzer line longer without flipping as much as a beast. Innova's come out with a bunch of new discs lately, but they still haven't found a real rival for Discraft's Nuke.

I can throw the Valk and Beast about 400' with no wind just snapped with a lil hyzer and it flips and flies straight... Never tried any fancier shots with those 2... I use a Champ Roadrunner for crazy big shots but from what I read the Nuke is not anywhere near a Roadrunner type disc....

In that case, it would definitely be worth a try!

if you can throw 400 with a beast/valk, go ahead and buy a nuke and see if you like it

buy it and love it..get z plastic though..im not a fan of the esp nukes.

esp beats in a little to quick for me and if your throwing a beast that far then you should see some added distance with a nuke. i did not throw them for the first year they were out and as soon as i picked one up i was hooked

esp beats in a little to quick for me and if your throwing a beast that far then you should see some added distance with a nuke. i did not throw them for the first year they were out and as soon as i picked one up i was hooked

I actually prefer the ESP's generally as they seem to be a little more stable out of the box. There's something about the slightly altered mold for the Z's that seems to make them less stable.

The Nuke is my best disc. I would call it a less stable Force. I use it both forehand and backhand for any length of hole from 180 to infinity.

I like that someone else is throwing drivers at 200 foot holes. I can get my Roc out to 260 now, but all I end with is fatigue that onsets quicker. Why throw something at 95% when I can throw something at 40% and get the same distance.

valk or beast, you should feel right at home with the nuke. i have it in z and esp and both are pretty manageable. it won't get all unruly with hard fade like the other speed 13's. the only faster and more understable driver out there is the vulcan now, and that is too understable for my taste.

Nuke is the only distance driver that I can throw; no clue why. My longest disc (at only 350) and I have no business throwing it, so it stays out of the bag.

For me, it flies like I want a Valk to.

Thanks everyone, great replies... Guess I just have to buy 1 in Z and 1 in ESP and go from there....

i have had 3 esps, 2 z's and 1 glow nuke. they are all great. the esp will beat in quickly but then after about 6 hard months of use stops degrading. i have had an orange esp nuke since they came out(well, after the memorial day stamped ones) it is still more stable than my two z's. the z's are less stable but are now my main driver. the glow is kind of its own animal. it is about as stable as the esp, but much faster, i can hyzer-flip my z's, but the glow will never pop flat. with some work the glows can turn into some monster distance discs just because they can reach out there so fast. ive been beating in the glow, but it is taking longer than i thought.