• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] NUKE!!!

Nuke is the only distance driver that I can throw; no clue why. My longest disc (at only 350) and I have no business throwing it, so it stays out of the bag.

For me, it flies like I want a Valk to.

I would keep it in the bag man, on a long wide open hole it's gonna give you that extra distance and it's pretty accurate to boot. And heck, who doesn't like to bomb a fast disc from time to time?

I would keep it in the bag man, on a long wide open hole it's gonna give you that extra distance and it's pretty accurate to boot. And heck, who doesn't like to bomb a fast disc from time to time?

The pro wraith I usually have around is like 15 feet shorter, and I don't feel as bad for carrying it.

I found my Nuke in the woods one day without a name on it and I have loved it ever since. It flies as far as any disc I have and it seems to hold it's line for a long time before fading off. It's great for long tight drives

Who throws a Nuke?? I need some details before I purchase one... I wanna know what disc its comperable to and if it is worth the cash... I like to usually throw something less stable like a Valk or Beast, someone let me know if it would be a good fit please...

Well Barsby was launching his Z Nuke about 500' at Otter Open with enough accuracy that it might as well have been a midrange...

It'll be more overstable than your Valk or Beast but if you're really throwing 400' then you would probably get good use out of it.

What if I can only get a Katana out to 300' with no wind? I can control a Katana pretty well but I really don't throw it far. My TL is easier to throw (obviously) and goes about 250-270'.

I wouldn't mind trying a Nuke but I know everyone will tell me not to because of my lack of distance.

Throw what you want! I never understood the disc down crap! If you can throw a fast disc pretty far and control it, why would you not?

I can throw a Nuke over a mountain…

What if I can only get a Katana out to 300' with no wind? I can control a Katana pretty well but I really don't throw it far. My TL is easier to throw (obviously) and goes about 250-270'.

I wouldn't mind trying a Nuke but I know everyone will tell me not to because of my lack of distance.

Throw what you like! Just because DGCR is heavy into discing down doesn't mean you can't throw high speed stuff.. If it feels good to you, go with it:thmbup: Distance isn't everything (granted it may help sometimes), accuracy is really the name of the game

I have a FR ESP and a regular ESP and both are fantastic! Out of the high speed stuff I've thrown, the Nuke is one of the most consistant and controlable

aj

I agree throw what you want everyone throws different. I like my nuke good distance easy to throw ! also like latt.64 havoc ,not as fast as they say at speed 13,but very nice flight. Ithrow both in lighter weights ,good if you have less power.

Get an X-Nuke. Mine is starting to beat in to be very Katana like, but without the turn-and-burn issues that the Katana will spring on you out of nowhere.

some on here get overzealous of telling others to disc down just for the pure hell of it. If you want to throw high speed drivers and you only throw ~300', then do it.

Discing down should only be done if you're serious and want to work on your game over the course of a year or two to get it to another level. Lots of people don't understand this.

Buy one. I like the esp, I have a 167 esp (blue) that ismore stable than my glow z and my heavier esp's. I have to tell you though I found a red 165 r-pro boss that out flies them all and is pretty reliable for an R-pro boss, the trick is to never ever hit a tree with it. Katana's are what I throw on long holes through trees 'cuz I don't care if I ruin those things.

I have a first run Z and an ESP sitting on the shelf because I am teh no0b. They shooore do look purty tho.

Latest posts