• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

NW Ohio Course

PirateAbu

At the end of last summer I mentioned about trying to get a park installed in our local park. It was mostly as a "it would be nice if...". I looked into it a little but never really pursued it myself. My wife, being the awesome person she is, sent a few messages to the city manager and director of parks.

The city manager replied that they would love to install a course in our town and wants to meet to discuss further. I am mainly wanting to see if anyone has material available for the meeting that I could look over and bring with me (pdf's, proposal's, etc).

Also, what are the steps after approval. Designing, installation, etc... I'm sure it varies quite a bit from course to course, but couldn't find much on that part of the process. Most of the threads I looked at are in regards to getting the go ahead from the city/county.

I have never been through the process myself, but am good friends with those who have. PM me your email address and I can forward it to a couple people who have installed courses (somewhat) local.

Thanks for the quick turn around...

I talked with your friend and set up a time to meet up with him. Last November he was looking at the same place for a course too. I thought the city only owned about 15 acres there when it is actually well over 60!!!

I also received another message from the city manger and they requested an appt for 3/29. I'll post more after I meet with them.

Focus on a great design. Find a consultant if need be. The world already has enough weird, overly beginner, terribly designed courses.

Thanks for the quick turn around...

I talked with your friend and set up a time to meet up with him. Last November he was looking at the same place for a course too. I thought the city only owned about 15 acres there when it is actually well over 60!!!

I also received another message from the city manger and they requested an appt for 3/29. I'll post more after I meet with them.

Glad to hear this. I was about to check in with you and see if he emailed.