• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Oboz enters disc golf market

HyzerJose

Oboz, out of Bozeman, MT, has stepped up their marketing and decided test the disc golf market. Similar to other common brands in our sport, however much more durable. I actually had a pair of keens blow out on me, when I went to trade them in at REI the shoe guy recommended a better shoe, Oboz. I love them! I contacted them to let them know I think the quality of shoe would benefit players in disc golf. They decided to try it out by sponsoring me this season. The shoes they sent me are a high-end hiking shoe. See the link below for details!

http://obozfootwear.com/products/mens-traverse-mid-bdry/traverse-mid-dark-shadow/

Oboz, out of Bozeman, MT, has stepped up their marketing and decided test the disc golf market. Similar to other common brands in our sport, however much more durable. I actually had a pair of keens blow out on me, when I went to trade them in at REI the shoe guy recommended a better shoe, Oboz. I love them! I contacted them to let them know I think the quality of shoe would benefit players in disc golf. They decided to try it out by sponsoring me this season. The shoes they sent me are a high-end hiking shoe. See the link below for details!

http://obozfootwear.com/products/mens-traverse-mid-bdry/traverse-mid-dark-shadow/

I use the Oboz Arete for my disc golfing duties...they kick serious butt.

My last pair of DG shoes was their Firebrand II. Pretty solid shoes.

I now have a pair of Garmont Zeniths and I have to give them the edge.

Will definitely consider these when my next pair of Keens give out.

look good, how do they run for width?
i have very narrow feet
the only ones i have found that fit me right are northface and teva

Hmm, might have to check these out when my current pair of Merrill's blow out. I have not been happy AT ALL with my last two pair of Merrill's (one pair was a free replacement)...the production value has gone waaay downhill since the first pair I got in 2010.

Hmm, might have to check these out when my current pair of Merrill's blow out. I have not been happy AT ALL with my last two pair of Merrill's (one pair was a free replacement)...the production value has gone waaay downhill since the first pair I got in 2010.

my merrells are junk. might as well make shoes out of paper cuz thats how easy it was to have these fall apart. luckily i didnt pay full price for them. also did buy another on sale for 25 at an outlet store. 25 isnt too bad to be out but if i paid full price i would be quite upset

It really is disappointing how far downhill the Merrells have gone in the last few years, I'm going to have to check these out when I need a new pair of water proof disc golf shoes. Honestly now that I'm not in the midwest I'm mostly playing in $5 pairs of running shoes I get from the thrift store and run through the washing machine.

These shoes would always make think
omg.gif

It really is disappointing how far downhill the Merrells have gone in the last few years, I'm going to have to check these out when I need a new pair of water proof disc golf shoes. Honestly now that I'm not in the midwest I'm mostly playing in $5 pairs of running shoes I get from the thrift store and run through the washing machine.

It seems like they were getting a lot of returns for free replacements on the grounds of the "100% h2o-proof lifetime" guarantee. I think they probably saw a large uptick of returns because of this forum alone...;)

I think shortly after that they modified the warranty/guarantee.

I've heard very little good stuff from peeps re: Merrell since that point. :\

I've gone through 3 pairs of the firebrand shoes. Sweet shoes and highly water resistant when new. I highly recommend Oboz.

Since you lot like Obozs a lot and they are experimenting with DG related marketing, why not also contact them and let them know what you think and feel about their shoes and how you applied it to disc golf. Try and be as descriptive, objective, and make a point that their experiment is more than just working, its a potential goldmine or however you want to see it.

Those look like they would tweak your knee out way faster than a regular shoe. They look. Awesome, but I wouldn't pay that much for shoes im going to wear out in six months for a hobby.

I feel cheap. I buy $35-$40 hikers at WalMart twice a year (I usually get one pair of boots around October and a new pair of low-rise shoes in February or March). They last me all year, and are cheaper than anything I've seen from Keen or any of the others.

I DID pick up a pair of Merrell's last summer at an outlet store -- they were factory seconds, so no warranty, but they were only $30. A month later they weren't worth wearing. I went back to my WalMart shoes, and I"m happy.

Latest posts