• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you buy a swirl? Those tend to be the beefiest of the S-lines and the softest of them as well.

Nah it was just a regular S-Line yellow one. It was before the Swirl one was released. Might have to get one of those at some point anyway, because they look sweet.

Actually the first runs (flat yellow and orange) are slightly more beefy than the swirls.

Thanks :) I'm fairly confident that my one isn't a first run, unfortunately. Beefiness aside, which I presume refers to stability only, what about my other question regarding rigidity?

will we see a release of g-line pd2's? Also I have to mention that my d-line fd has been amazing and I wish for a kp2 style pro plastic run every night before bed!!!

I have been flipping my 167 star destroyer, and have gotten a champ 175 that gives me a little turn, and champ that doesn't turn at all.

What can I grab in Discmania that will be my all out distance? I don't necessarily wnat to go down the Destroyer rabbit hole unless it really is the best option seeing as though all the pros are throwing them.

I have a Star DD that gives me a straight rope and then pretty nice fade. A Pro line of the same thing with less beef.

Jolly launcher pD for days.

JL C PD2 that I obviously can't get any turn out of, maybe a S PD2??

Jolly launcher DD2 that I haven't thrown much.

Also, are you going to be running more 2nd run fD's? Only 5 167g oranges left :(

" Also, are you going to be running more 2nd run fD's? Only 5 167g oranges left "

2nd run FD's were the 2nd run.... they were made once, not continuously. There is and always has been a finite amount of them.

I know that. I meant more or less taking that mold and re-running them, by popular demand. FD2 isn't quite a 2nd run fD but I guess I'll manage.

What can I grab in Discmania that will be my all out distance?
The DD2 is Discmania's fastest disc and throughout the lineup of plastics, definitely one that can hold different roles throughout your bag. I've had the most luck with a relatively 'heavy' Blizzard DD2. In anything but a strong headwind I could count on it to flip up, glide forever, and still finish reliably. I think rarintal mentioned earlier in this thread that the 164g yellow Blizzard DD2's are absolute bombers.

I'll be excited to check out the G-line DD2's to see how they compare to the rest of the lineup. I've also had good results throwing the P-line DD2 but gave mine to a buddy to try out and never got it back! :\

I wonder how well an S-FD2 would beat in? I could imagine that thing beating in to be laser straight and predictable as ever. That would be a sweet disc to run in the hybrid champy star stuff!!!!!

I wonder how well an S-FD2 would beat in? I could imagine that thing beating in to be laser straight and predictable as ever. That would be a sweet disc to run in the hybrid champy star stuff!!!!!

yeah, I think champy star would be really nice for the fd2. there is something special about the 2nd run fd though. I bag both as well as d-line and s-line fd's!

Discmania checked G-line DD2's off my wishlist. S-line FD2's are up next! I'd actually really like to see them in P-line too, just for that extra bit of glide.

For sure. I would have a 2nd run fD forever but they are limited :/ I have 1

Saw on facebook they are testing a 5th run C-fD out! More info later.

And Lizzote Signature fD's are out... 5th run. firm jolly launcher :p

Blue ghost shatter stamp

red reflective grass stamp

and of course a flat JL C pD and Mini Stamp S-DD to get the free shipping.

There's already an order on the way to my house; Discmania y u do dis

I have been flipping my 167 star destroyer, and have gotten a champ 175 that gives me a little turn, and champ that doesn't turn at all.

What can I grab in Discmania that will be my all out distance? I don't necessarily wnat to go down the Destroyer rabbit hole unless it really is the best option seeing as though all the pros are throwing them.

Agree with the DD2 suggestion.

Pair a JL C-Line with a new run S-Line. The S-Line's are very overstable for DD2's, very much destroyer like, the JL C-Line will have a little more drift to it but should still finish.

The next notch up is P-Line PD2. It's straighter than it's more durable plastic counterparts but will still fade. I find it to be a great gap closer between premium plastic DD2's and premium plastic PD2's.

I know that. I meant more or less taking that mold and re-running them, by popular demand. FD2 isn't quite a 2nd run fD but I guess I'll manage.

The mold is the same. The run came out that way due to other factors. It wasn't what we wanted the FD to be, 3rd run and on are true to the "FD" flight.

I'll be excited to check out the G-line DD2's to see how they compare to the rest of the lineup. I've also had good results throwing the P-line DD2 but gave mine to a buddy to try out and never got it back! :\

They don't suck. They're not as understable as people automatically assume with G*/G-Line versions. I'm trying them in place of my Echo S-Lines for a few days to see how it all works out.

Any news on when P MD3s will be released to stores?

They are available for stores to order. I see you're in Charlotte, go check out Another Round Disc Golf in NoDa. They have a great selection of Discmania, and I know their last order contained P-MD3's so I'd start there!

I've got a JL DD2 and just received my red 175G echo star DD2 as well!!

Also I have a p pd2, I was going to try out a star, I was having troubles with the Pro PD2 in the wind flipping it for some reason and haven't thrown it since. I need to get out to the field.

I've got a JL DD2 and just received my red 175G echo star DD2 as well!!

Also I have a p pd2, I was going to try out a star, I was having troubles with the Pro PD2 in the wind flipping it for some reason and haven't thrown it since. I need to get out to the field.

S-Line or Color Glow would be your next step up from the P-PD2 then. Enjoy!

The flat top DD i just got as well flew so nice today! max weight.

and max weight red Echo line DD2 was a bomber. Definitely what I was looking for after a few throws I think.

What's the difference of Echo and normal S line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts