• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Official Discraft ZONE Thread

Just bought a z flx zone 169 pink concave to flat, slightly gummy

Pretty sweet zone. Flies more overstable than I thought since it's kinda gummy

Solid mid or approach disc

Thanks Earhart for the video on the Z FLX Zone. I find them to be as perfect as he described.

Looking for a "not so OS" Zone, and the best i have found in my stack is a domey Pro-D...but it's black and I hate to throw black discs.
But how rare is domey Pro-D? Mine have a "heartbeat" dome

Or should I go for a Soft-X and beat it to hell?

Looking for a "not so OS" Zone, and the best i have found in my stack is a domey Pro-D...but it's black and I hate to throw black discs.

Soft x or jawbreaker will beat in pretty quick. I have an x soft that flies very straight then has a delayed dump out at the end.

Just a matter of preference!

Soft x or jawbreaker will beat in pretty quick. I have an x soft that flies very straight then has a delayed dump out at the end.

Just a matter of preference!

I only have one JB and it's super puddle top...of all my Zones the JB is my biggest puddle top and the Pro-D the most domey (by a large margin) ..the difference between the two is insane.

Are most X Soft flat?

Could always try a ringer GT or breaker for that type of shot. I like the breaker for most approaches better, I can throw it a little more pure and not anhyzer it as much (especially FH). I have drones that quickly took the slot where I had been using a zone.

In terms of zones, jawbreaker are pretty flat and will beat in fast enough.

Could always try a ringer GT or breaker for that type of shot. I like the breaker for most approaches better, I can throw it a little more pure and not anhyzer it as much (especially FH). I have drones that quickly took the slot where I had been using a zone.

In terms of zones, jawbreaker are pretty flat and will beat in fast enough.

I do have a Flex and SB Breaker in the bag today..and a CryZtal Zone...but in a way it would be easier to just go with a few zones together with my Lunas

All of my proD zones start off poptoppy and break in fast. I have a beat puddle topped TI that is just like what you are looking for. I really like my straight, small fade zones as well. I could never get the jawbreakers work and they waffle so fast.

Honestly the thing I would suggest is either beat the tar out of an esp or try a different disc. The best disc I found for that is a soft cheif-os from gateway. The 300 A2 works well but takes minor breaking in. I currently use a newish proD zone for that slot (225-275) but for shorter shots (100-250) I use a beat bt hard harp, both are straight with little to no fade, forehand.

after throwing a puddle top Glo Z Zone for 6+ years I had to break out a first run Mcbeth Z Zone and its just not the same. Anyone else have any of these great Glo Z Zones?

I do have a Flex and SB Breaker in the bag today..and a CryZtal Zone...but in a way it would be easier to just go with a few zones together with my Lunas

How OS is your most OS Luna? I find there is not enough room between my FR McZ Zone and Cryztal Luna for a disc, but I do have a seasoned Pro-D Zone for the wetter/snowier rounds. I don't throw a ton of FH approaches, as I find the Luna/Zone to be easy to range on BH hyzer approaches. I've considered getting an X Soft Zone for hit and stick approaches but I haven't yet.

How OS is your most OS Luna? I find there is not enough room between my FR McZ Zone and Cryztal Luna for a disc, but I do have a seasoned Pro-D Zone for the wetter/snowier rounds. I don't throw a ton of FH approaches, as I find the Luna/Zone to be easy to range on BH hyzer approaches. I've considered getting an X Soft Zone for hit and stick approaches but I haven't yet.

My CryZtal LUNAs are OS enough and i love it for short approaches. . .but i really like someting a hair less deep and flatter for "of the tee driving" . .like the Breaker, Ringer

But maybe i just need to practice more with the CryZtal and ESP LUNA of the tee and just go LUNA/Zone as throwing putters. .. and my K2 BERG will never leave my bag

My CryZtal LUNAs are OS enough and i love it for short approaches. . .but i really like someting a hair less deep and flatter for "of the tee driving" . .like the Breaker, Ringer

But maybe i just need to practice more with the CryZtal and ESP LUNA of the tee and just go LUNA/Zone as throwing putters. .. and my K2 BERG will never leave my bag

I'd work with the Lunas first. If some extra work with the Lunas doesn't fill the slot, than I'd look at working with the Breaker/Ringer/low-end Zone.

Is there a disc that fits between Zone and a Firebird? Love my Zones, i have a JB, Z and a Cryztal FLX. From straight to overstable. Same with Firebirds. I have tried a Gator, was not for me. MD4 was too straight. Justice was close, but hard to find "straight" ones. So, any ideas?

Is there a disc that fits between Zone and a Firebird? Love my Zones, i have a JB, Z and a Cryztal FLX. From straight to overstable. Same with Firebirds. I have tried a Gator, was not for me. MD4 was too straight. Justice was close, but hard to find "straight" ones. So, any ideas?

I use a quake and trident between my zone and firebird

Drone

Depends on whether you are looking for a longer mid or a shorter driver.

Kaxe, Banshee, Resistor are the first discs I think of. All overstable tweeners.