• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Old TL shedding its skin.

Huk Finn

* Ace Member *
This Pro Teebird-L was bought with another at the same time, from the same place. After some light use, it started peeling... Like skin. I pulled at it a bit to try and stop it. It just got worse. Both discs did this, anyone seen anything like this? CAL tooled. My wifes 150's.

Discs062.jpg

ive seen it on a few of the old pro plastics, it only gets worse from there.

Had a few do this. Old jk pro valks :\
Had one almost peeled perfectly then with a couple square inches left it went deeeep and ruined the disc :(

Yes. I had a Pro Cobra do this. I actually liked the extra grip. It didn't affect the flight too much.

Its called "cheesing". I had a teacher in HS who was in the plastic industry and showed him a disc that was doing that.

Yeah it blows. That's the reason that I quit do dyes on pro plastics. Too many times after the dye I would be trying to take the vinyl off, and if the vinyl was good, the disc would start peeling almost instantly. Won't dye Pro any more.

This Pro Teebird-L was bought with another at the same time, from the same place. After some light use, it started peeling... Like skin. I pulled at it a bit to try and stop it. It just got worse. Both discs did this, anyone seen anything like this? CAL tooled. My wifes 150's.

Discs062.jpg

The only disc that has ever done this to me is my first run pro Tbird. I have only used it twice and it looks like crap because it keeps peeling.

Latest posts