• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] OLF Mega Thread

i can't help but laugh. i've told people on here several times that air traffic stores in MN, despite being kind of a ripoff in general, had 1.1 OLF set on CLEARANCE because nobody who walks in there knows wtf good plastic is. they'd been on clearance for well OVER A YEAR and nobody picked them somehow.

i decided to see if they still had them, popped in for a visit and what do you know. they've all got some storage wear and they're 163-168. a little scrub up should get some of the marks off them.

to facebook we go!

20160619_191248_HDR_zpsz2zktdlc.jpg

i can't help but laugh. i've told people on here several times that air traffic stores in MN, despite being kind of a ripoff in general, had 1.1 OLF set on CLEARANCE because nobody who walks in there knows wtf good plastic is. they'd been on clearance for well OVER A YEAR and nobody picked them somehow.

i decided to see if they still had them, popped in for a visit and what do you know. they've all got some storage wear and they're 163-168. a little scrub up should get some of the marks off them.

to facebook we go!

20160619_191248_HDR_zpsz2zktdlc.jpg

Damn you Koda. Don't do that man.

i have too many discs and i don't care to try and keep collecting 1.1. i like the 1.4 just as much, if not more. especially now with the millennium plastic being so amazing and the 1.3 MOLF being just as stable as the solfs and qolfs. they're just too good to have me bother with hunting the old stuff anymore.

Got this guy at PIAS yesterday. 1.2 probably 6-7/10. Not sure on weight, feels light though.

picture.php

picture.php

Lost a SOLF 1.3 and now down to two left. Been running a fresh and beat one for awhile in my setup.

How is the new run compared to 1.3s ? I believe 1.3 is considered compared to other older runs.
(not really liking color options of remaing 1.3s I am seeing)

not sure about the 1.3 solfs. i saw them, felt them, never even bothered to buy.

watch out for some bad batches - i think they had an issue with trimming flashing or something on the rim. there are some rims that are "shaved" so they don't have a notch, or if they do it's considerably smaller than a normal OLF. i've only seen it on the 1.4 QOLFs so far.

normal qolf

20160707_100311_HDR_zps3jrzuecn.jpg

"shaved" qolf

20160707_100251_HDR_zps5i2izzxe.jpg

20160707_100328_HDR_zpsrg1knbk6.jpg

Not sure the "normal" is normal. None of my QOLF's have had that notch/bead on the rim of the orange one. They look like the blue one, when new.

Lost a SOLF 1.3 and now down to two left. Been running a fresh and beat one for awhile in my setup.

How is the new run compared to 1.3s ? I believe 1.3 is considered compared to other older runs.
(not really liking color options of remaing 1.3s I am seeing)

What color options are you interested in?

Both new run 1.3 MOLFs I have are shaved as well. So watch out for it with those too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm ready to try a SOLF to pair as my stable compliment to Valks. Looks like 1.4 is the newest run and is generally appreciated. Where do I find these suckers?

I'm ready to try a SOLF to pair as my stable compliment to Valks. Looks like 1.4 is the newest run and is generally appreciated. Where do I find these suckers?

MST, GGGT for sure. the 1.4 are great, and the fact that they come in pro might mean eventually you ditch your valks. ;)

Call me a happy camper with my SOLF. A little wiggle understable (or pops up to flat from a slight hyzer), carries well and than a healthy fade without dumping. Thanks for the recommendations. Now to start trolling my local scene for hidden gems.

You all drop the Eagles for the OLF?

If I throw the OLF, what would be a better compliment the FD or XL? I want something a little slower (smaller rim) to compliment it.

I'm curious and looking at discs for that OS control driver slot. Can someone give me a rundown of PD vs OLF vs Thunderbird. I have a Saint Pro, that wasn't really overstable enough for me and didn't feel great in my hand.

Also I know there's a decent amount of differences from the runs (1.1 1.2 etc etc), but how do you tell which runs you're getting?

I'm curious and looking at discs for that OS control driver slot. Can someone give me a rundown of PD vs OLF vs Thunderbird. I have a Saint Pro, that wasn't really overstable enough for me and didn't feel great in my hand.

Also I know there's a decent amount of differences from the runs (1.1 1.2 etc etc), but how do you tell which runs you're getting?

Most of the runs will have the number included with the stamp. I got both of my 1.1s used with wiped stamps but it didn't look like the 1.1s had the run number on the stamp.

I'm curious and looking at discs for that OS control driver slot. Can someone give me a rundown of PD vs OLF vs Thunderbird. I have a Saint Pro, that wasn't really overstable enough for me and didn't feel great

In my experience the pd (and volt!) will season more like a teebird and lose the late fade where the olf seasons like an eagle. Keeps the hard late fade and gets some hss wiggle. Thunderbirds were too unpredictable for me with way more glide than either if that's a thing.

Solf 1.4 is my favorite disc in the bag right now. Great mold

In my experience the pd (and volt!) will season more like a teebird and lose the late fade where the olf seasons like an eagle. Keeps the hard late fade and gets some hss wiggle. Thunderbirds were too unpredictable for me with way more glide than either if that's a thing.

Solf 1.4 is my favorite disc in the bag right now. Great mold

I have a Proton Volt that I used for a long time, and honestly, it flew pretty true to its numbers. It had a good fade at the end but would definitely turn a good bit, almost to the point where it essentially went dead straight for me. Not really what I wanted at all...

Whats kind of the generally consensus short breakdown on the runs/plastics?

How do you all think the Beast-X compares to the OLF? They seem to be similar in numbers with the Beast-X with a wider rim.