[Millennium] OLF Mega Thread

Interesting enough my 1.2 also has patent number tooling but is definitely a 1.2, so I wonder when that change happened.
I'm out of touch with the OLF these days (the one that got away so to speak) but it was 1.4 I believe when patent numbers left?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe late 1.3?

Dang I may have hit the jackpot then. Will update when it arrives in the mail. I've never thrown a first run so I'm excited!
I was finally able to give my surprise 1.1 some serious air time this weekend and I see while y'all love them so much. It just wanted to get down the fairway. I'm not sure I have the stomach to chase backups, though.

What do other mortals without a stash of SOFs throw? My seasoned 1.2 SOLF is going to slot as my primary backup for now. Are recent runs of SOLFs worth investing in or should I stick to MOLFs as backups?

Scroll back for stability by run / plastic rankings, but instead of chasing runs I just grab a star thunderbird, pd or cg firebird if I want more stability.

I keep seeing the Era being mentioned for a perfect control driver that is less os than a Thunderbird and that gets about as much distance as the Wraith. Isn't that just the OLF? In my limited testing, that's basically what my QOLF is.

(I'm sure the Era is a great disc, just interesting to see how a lot of reviews are talking about it like there's never been another disc like it)

I find the Wraith to have an extra gear more than an era or OLF. The small loss of distance with an OLF or similar is well worth the gained control. I found the Kastaplast Lots to be one of the only 9/10 speed rims that keep up with the wraith for distance, but it also does not have the control I can get with an OLF/Era ect. When I bagged a few OLF they were by far my go to driver for distance and a lot of fairway type use, but I did keep a Nuke in the bag for all out bomb kind of shots. This was when I was younger and throwing quite a bit further than I do now...

I find the Wraith to have an extra gear more than an era or OLF. The small loss of distance with an OLF or similar is well worth the gained control. I found the Kastaplast Lots to be one of the only 9/10 speed rims that keep up with the wraith for distance, but it also does not have the control I can get with an OLF/Era ect. When I bagged a few OLF they were by far my go to driver for distance and a lot of fairway type use, but I did keep a Nuke in the bag for all out bomb kind of shots. This was when I was younger and throwing quite a bit further than I do now...
By less control than an OLF do you mean flippier? I was interested in a Lots as a glow substitute for a straight OLF but wasn't sure how comparable they were in stability.

I am happy folks still talk about this mold. It's been going on since before I joined years ago.

Never actually seen or thrown one.

IMO the Era is longer and less stable than the OLF, at least that's the fact for the ones I have. I would never trust the Era in the wind (Forged) but I could trust both my QOLF and SOLFs in a bit of wind.

The Era is a disc that comes in and out of my bag but I use it almost exclusively in the woods. The only time I throw it in the open is if I need a big turnover that I can't quite reach with my crave or a forehand.

By less control than an OLF do you mean flippier? I was interested in a Lots as a glow substitute for a straight OLF but wasn't sure how comparable they were in stability.
The lots is quite a bit flippier in general, Glow is often the flippiest. The Lots can fly pretty straight but takes a hyzer flip. Between the turn they have and amazing glide they go sneaky far.

I Love the OLF cause a slight hyzer (or flat on the more stable runs) tracks straight or minimal turn, holds up to wind well and doesn't have a crazy fade. That is powered up trying to throw for distance as well as powered down for a little more control. Wraith type discs have a bit more turn when powered up which offers great distance but powered down that turn becomes less predictable and they may fly more similarly to an OLF but still touchier.

The lots is quite a bit flippier in general, Glow is often the flippiest. The Lots can fly pretty straight but takes a hyzer flip. Between the turn they have and amazing glide they go sneaky far.

I Love the OLF cause a slight hyzer (or flat on the more stable runs) tracks straight or minimal turn, holds up to wind well and doesn't have a crazy fade. That is powered up trying to throw for distance as well as powered down for a little more control. Wraith type discs have a bit more turn when powered up which offers great distance but powered down that turn becomes less predictable and they may fly more similarly to an OLF but still touchier.
Gotcha that's good to know. OLFs have become my go-to distance driver in the woods because of that control and sneaky distance, even on hyzer the whole way.

The profile on these 1.5 MOLFS is perfect. Slight shoulder to a mostly flat top - reminds me of a good Eagle X.
1.7 Sirius feel great too - too bad they are flippy.

The profile on these 1.5 MOLFS is perfect. Slight shoulder to a mostly flat top - reminds me of a good Eagle X.
1.7 Sirius feel great too - too bad they are flippy.
Define flippy, because I love the feel of the FB rim but I'd love something stable to understable and don't have the patience to beat in a Pro ThB or MOLF, and I really just don't jive with the options I've tried in that slot, regardless of manufacturer.

Define flippy, because I love the feel of the FB rim but I'd love something stable to understable and don't have the patience to beat in a Pro ThB or MOLF, and I really just don't jive with the options I've tried in that slot, regardless of manufacturer.
FB rim makes the disc glide a bit less and begin fading at the end of the low speed flight regardless of weight/PLH. Hard to get a truly understable version but the latest run MOLFs/SOLFs are a bit lower PLH so they are pretty true to the 9/5/-1/2 numbers from the get go. Slight bit of sanding or lowering the weight might drop a little fade so 9/5/-1.5/1.5 could happen pretty quickly for that neutral stable flight.

Recommend getting red colored M/SOLFs under max weight for slightly less starting stability based on my experience. Latest runs are 1.5 MOLF and 1.7 SOLF.

Older runs of M/SOLF and pretty much all QOLF have had a bit higher PLH.

FB rim makes the disc glide a bit less and begin fading at the end of the low speed flight regardless of weight/PLH. Hard to get a truly understable version but the latest run MOLFs/SOLFs are a bit lower PLH so they are pretty true to the 9/5/-1/2 numbers from the get go. Slight bit of sanding or lowering the weight might drop a little fade so 9/5/-1.5/1.5 could happen pretty quickly for that neutral stable flight.

Recommend getting red colored M/SOLFs under max weight for slightly less starting stability based on my experience. Latest runs are 1.5 MOLF and 1.7 SOLF.

Older runs of M/SOLF and pretty much all QOLF have had a bit higher PLH.
Thanks! I've been a PD/ThB thrower but have a MOLF that idk what run it's from but it's more of a 0,2 flight than the -1, 2 I was hoping for. I know the Infinite Dynasty would be the best bet otb but the one I-Blend I had was weird feeling and the I-Roman is still a ways off from the flight I want. I really just want a disc that I can count on to be a workhorse controlled distance disc that's capable of straight to fade, s-curves and bigger flex shots. I've got Raptors to cover the really OS stuff and Heats and Roadrunners that cover the US to roller stuff but the in between slot is problematic and the closest I've gotten is Undertakers but they feel terrible in the hand.

Is there any comprehensive way to tell from the stamp which run it is, or am I going to have to hope for the best?

Thanks! I've been a PD/ThB thrower but have a MOLF that idk what run it's from but it's more of a 0,2 flight than the -1, 2 I was hoping for. I know the Infinite Dynasty would be the best bet otb but the one I-Blend I had was weird feeling and the I-Roman is still a ways off from the flight I want. I really just want a disc that I can count on to be a workhorse controlled distance disc that's capable of straight to fade, s-curves and bigger flex shots. I've got Raptors to cover the really OS stuff and Heats and Roadrunners that cover the US to roller stuff but the in between slot is problematic and the closest I've gotten is Undertakers but they feel terrible in the hand.

Is there any comprehensive way to tell from the stamp which run it is, or am I going to have to hope for the best?
I believe from run 1.4 on all the MOLF's were embossed on the underside with the run number. I think the last MOLF's to have the run to have it in the stamp was the 1.3's. I think from 1.5 on, all SOLF/QOLF's were embossed with run numbers as well. So if you're buying online it's hard to tell which runs they were from images since they aren't in the stamps anymore.

I love how DGCR holds certain molds in special regard.

OLF
Polecat
Comet
Some others

All BANGERS, to be sure. But the OLF stands apart. As the best overall driver ever made.
I'm so thankful I was a frequent browser of DGCR because I would have never found the OLF. It's by far my favorite mold. I have more of them than anything else.

MOLF 1.5 and SOLF 1.7 only colors were Pink, Red, Orange, Yellow I think. Generally those runs are what is available for 165g+ in the major online retailer inventories currently.

SunKing is the only retailer I've found that puts the run number for their Millennium listings so you can see what the colors/stamps/foils look like there:

Cross check the side profiles that Infinite/OTB/Discgolfcenter all capture in their listings/descriptions to get an idea what dome/flatness they have.

MOLF 1.5 and SOLF 1.7 only colors were Pink, Red, Orange, Yellow I think. Generally those runs are what is available for 165g+ in the major online retailer inventories currently.

SunKing is the only retailer I've found that puts the run number for their Millennium listings so you can see what the colors/stamps/foils look like there:

Cross check the side profiles that Infinite/OTB/Discgolfcenter all capture in their listings/descriptions to get an idea what dome/flatness they have.
I believe from run 1.4 on all the MOLF's were embossed on the underside with the run number. I think the last MOLF's to have the run to have it in the stamp was the 1.3's. I think from 1.5 on, all SOLF/QOLF's were embossed with run numbers as well. So if you're buying online it's hard to tell which runs they were from images since they aren't in the stamps anymore.
This is why I come here to ask for advice since that's what I thought but I wanted to double-check just in case I was wrong. I'm going to dig around and see if I can find one of each with my next order, which hopefully should be before Friday.