• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] OMG! OMG! Champ Leopard3s, Star Colts, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just kidding about wanting a DX Katana. I can't see it lasting one good tree smack from close range which I am bound to do. I do love me the Katana mold though for this noodly thing I call an arm. 157 poppy top Blizzard and GStar Katanas are my go to max distance drivers.

It's a really terrible frame of reference. If that is the only frame of reference you have, I guess it beats having nothing.

The 3 series has nothing to do with flight numbers or increasing the speed of anything. Its a new top on the same old rim. The 3 series is a very nifty way to market these newly topped discs. It's catchy and an easy way to build off of old favorites.

The big appeal to the roc3 was a regular production available roc in champ plastic. The appeal to the leo3 is a champ plastic Leo that will hyzer flip out of the box (basically do leopard stuff like its supposed to). The flat top is also a nice bonus.

You'll notice that the "3" discs that haven't been very sucessful all fall under the if it ain't broke don't fix it category. T3, TL3, shark3, and to a lesser extent the mako3.

We can agree to disagree, and on this we disagree completely.

The Roc3 and Mako3 have been quite successful. The 4peat World Champ and 2015 Grand Slam winner uses them, so I'd say they've been successful. I've also seen some T3 and TL3s being used on the courses.

Also, I didn't hit this on your first post demanding that I not use the speed numbers. Well, I'll address it now and say that I don't take orders from YOU and I *WILL* talk about those speed numbers if I want to. Feel free to put me on ignore so you won't see my posts if you don't like it.

I was just kidding about wanting a DX Katana. I can't see it lasting one good tree smack from close range which I am bound to do. I do love me the Katana mold though for this noodly thing I call an arm. 157 poppy top Blizzard and GStar Katanas are my go to max distance drivers.

The only ones drooling for DX warp speed are those who can't throw the real plastic cuz it has too much stability for them. Just disc down and save yourselves the embarrassment.

In probably about to get infracted for this, but I'm bored

We can agree to disagree, and on this we disagree completely.

The Roc3 and Mako3 have been quite successful. The 4peat World Champ and 2015 Grand Slam winner uses them, so I'd say they've been successful.

I never said the roc3 was unsuccessful. The appeal of a roc in champ plastic was a guaranteed home run. The mcbeth bump certainly helped too. So I'm not sure what your trying to say by that. The mako3 has gained a bit of traction. It's a great disc, which helps, and the mcbeth bump helps a lot too. That's why I said "to a lesser exentent" in regards to the mako3.

I've also seen some T3 and TL3s being used on the courses.

"Some" does not qualify as successful. I see "some" of a lot of really unpopular molds all the time.

Also, I didn't hit this on your first post demanding that I not use the speed numbers. Well, I'll address it now and say that I don't take orders from YOU and I *WILL* talk about those speed numbers if I want to.

I said please. I don't understand how a simple polite request counts as demanding anything from anyone. A simple "no thank you" would have been fine. Or whatever, I don't really care.

Feel free to put me on ignore so you won't see my posts if you don't like it.

I'm strongly considering it. Between your broken record conspiracies about Gstar, your weird obession about the Val Jenkins/innova relationship (which is also pretty broken record and conspiracy-ish) and the fact that you only seem to understand discs based on innovas flight chart you really add zero value to the discussion around here.

I'm sorry for trying to explain the 3 top to you. My bad, I guess

Last edited:
I can't imagine it's location related. Probably players pack leftovers.

It's really a matter of usability. Crappy base plastic is trashed after only a few rounds, not just stability but the plastic's a mess. Now peeps here can deny it all they want, while they buy stacks of DX whatever to "cycle" constantly. As for serious DGers using DX for anything other than putters, well, don't kid yourself. Reality is out on courses, not DGCR.

Haha, I would put money down that I could spank you with an all DX bag no problem. DX gazelles, vipers, teebirds, eagles, and destroyers are all quality discs that offer something their premium counterparts do not. I would go so far as to say DX teebirds are better than champ or star.

So are you a touring "pro's" or sub 900?

"Crappy base plastic is trashed after only a few rounds ..."

Yeah, no.

Ive got DX Valks, Teebirds, Rocs, that have been in the bag for years and countless rounds where I played weekly (or more) on heavily wooded rocky New England courses.

I wouldn't recommend warp speed drivers in DX, but many of them are pretty fine in driver Pro.

Ya that's ridiculous I have a dx roc that's three years in the bag and still isn't a turnover roc that's 3 years!
I'm guessing at least 600 rounds used every time multiple throws and still can't hyzerflip to turnover.

It's funny to me, people that don't "cycle" discs think of it to literally like your constantly cycling beat to submission discs out of the bag and replacing them with fresh os ones. It's really more carrying one mold in varying degrees of stability it takes quite awhile to change the flight of dx mids and putters I could easily keep the same four rocs from us to os in my bag a year and have every shot covered at worst I would have to throw a kc pro to keep the os slot covered.

If you look at the Marshall Street Flight Guide, a good (though not perfect) general reference to relative disc speeds and stability, you'll see that there are very few discs in their Speed 8 category. Some of this is their ratings: most have the MVP Amp as Speed 8, but Marshall Street put it in Speed 9... but I digress.

What many people do in putting together their bags is skip a speed number. The (Speed 7) Teebird and Eagle are huge sellers (as are those of other brands, but I'm using Innova as a reference). The Speed 9 Valkyrie was once the world record holder and is one of the most popular and best selling discs in the world. The (9) Firebird is very popular as well, as are the Roadrunner and Sidewinder.

Both the Roadrunner and the Sidewinder have a 1.8cm rim and could (should?) have been called speed 8. Innova chose to call them speed 9 for whatever reason

WOW!

I see and throw baseline plastic on all Michigan courses. Every tourney/league/casual round I've played people ranging from rec to open throw baseline discs.

everything you're saying is just foolish conjecture.

please take some time to go through innova's ITB series and count for yourself. Mid/Baseline discs abound!

so what was that about "touring pros?"

As for the DX Katana:

I've already got a box full of DX, factory second and Discraft Pro-D discs in my trunk that get shared whenever we're on the watery courses around here -- no tears when losing $7.00 plastic.

I'll going to have to make room in there for a stack cheap Katanas.

agreed.

DX counterpart to your well seasoned/OOP/workhorse mold is a must for water hazards. Even if you do end up losing your 7.00 piece of plastic, you get the relief that your babies are safe :p

It's pretty funny to witness guys getting all indignant over frisbees.

One thing I've observed in my short time playing -- everyone approaches this game differently. Different throwing and putting motions. Different reasons for playing. Some guys are out there acting like they're at the USDGC, while others are drunk and/or stoned. And no two players carry exactly the same brands/molds. And if two guys carry the same disc, often it's not used exactly the same. All those differences are fertile ground for learning more about the game and trying new things imo. To insist someone else is "wrong" in how they assess, choose and throw discs, if it's working for them and they're enjoying the sport, is snobbish and ignorant. It also discourages people from posting their opinions. Just my $.02.

2 + 2 = 7. Thats is my opinion. So that's cool then right? I think everyone gets opinions are different, but if people are posting incorrect information (posing as gurus after playing for one year) is everyone supposed to just be ok with it and say nothing? A lot of newer players reading this stuff don't know better.

2 + 2 = 7. Thats is my opinion. So that's cool then right? I think everyone gets opinions are different, but if people are posting incorrect information (posing as gurus after playing for one year) is everyone supposed to just be ok with it and say nothing? A lot of newer players reading this stuff don't know better.

Well some people state their opinions as undisputed facts. I am sure we can all be guilty of this from time to time but some are more prone to do so than others.

:hfive:

I get so tired of reading straight BS. Normally the same player out on the course telling you how great x or y disc is yet cant throw the damn thing to save their life.

Status
Not open for further replies.