• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

On pace for 39?

T.Hizzle

Eagle Member
Heard today that McBeth walked by Cale and asked if he was on pace for a round of 39 on hole 14 after he was already at 39.

Dick move?

If McBeast did that, I'm sure there was a good reason behind it. He seems too professional to just take an personal jab at someone without cause/reason. Course I am not close friends with him so I could be wrong

not sure why he asked, but Will told me as we were practicing putting that someone would go low 40s...at the time it was breezy and by the time I teed was really windy and the lead card tee'd an hour later. could have just been a joke

low 40s was basically impossible today. wind was crazy- discs bouncing out and rolling away, tee shots about to be parked and a wind gust tosses them OB, etc

Sounded like a joke to me, they were talking before the round about shooting low 40's. Wind picks up and it's brutal. So to be on a 39 pace in that wind would be nearly impossible, hence the joke.

from the link above:

McBeth just walked by and Cale asked if he was "on 39 pace". The fact that that's a genuine question is pretty ridiculous.

When you're 2x World Champ, little **** don't matter

Last edited:
The funny thing is someone thinks that is trash talk. I dont think that comment would even mess my mental game up I would just laugh.

The funny thing is someone thinks that is trash talk. I dont think that comment would even mess my mental game up I would just laugh.
Question is - what did Cale just do? If I'm out with my friends, and we talk a lot of trash, and one of them just (for example) bogeyed hole 14, dropping him to a -3 on our home course, a 39... I might look at him after he drops in the putt and say "On 39 pace?" - knowing it won't hit him until he does the math in his head. It's the subtle things that are most amusing. The big loud trash talk is overplayed after a point, especially when you're with people you talk trash with three times a week.