• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Only 4 molds

cmroorda said:
If you could only pick 1 mold in each category (distance driver, fairway driver, mid- range, putter) which mold would you choose? Just want to hear multiple opinions and see what discs seem the most versatile, for the most shots and conditions.

My choices:
Distance - force
Fairway - predator
Midrange - blaze
Putter - wizard

QOLF
CE JLS
QMS
OMEGA SS

In fact that right there is pretty much my bag, minus a Q-mega, QOLS and Q-Sentinel.

Fritz said:
cmroorda said:
If you could only pick 1 mold in each category (distance driver, fairway driver, mid- range, putter) which mold would you choose? Just want to hear multiple opinions and see what discs seem the most versatile, for the most shots and conditions.

My choices:
Distance - force
Fairway - predator
Midrange - blaze
Putter - wizard

QOLF
CE JLS
QMS
OMEGA SS

In fact that right there is pretty much my bag, minus a Q-mega, QOLS and Q-Sentinel.

I'm in the same boat. I have Ions, Patriots, and a couple utility discs as well, but 80% of my shots are with the 4 discs that I listed.

Stringbean said:
Wow, taking out the Firebird and adding a Valk?

I thought the same thing ! Rather drastic change there, ya think ?

You switching from FH to BH on your distance drives or something ?

My old champ valk is so beat that I have a hard time keeping it from turning over. It's basically turned into a roller if I throw it with any balls.

money 21 said:
money 21 said:
surge
xs
hornet
magnet
would change the magnet to a summit.

How are you liking the all Vibram bag? I've been putting with Summits for several months now and could definitely see throwing the Ridge and/or VP instead of my Wizards. I need to give the Lace and O-Lace an honest run too...

inthedrift said:
money 21 said:
money 21 said:
surge
xs
hornet
magnet

How are you liking the all Vibram bag? I've been putting with Summits for several months now and could definitely see throwing the Ridge and/or VP instead of my Wizards. I need to give the Lace and O-Lace an honest run too...

Speaking of Vibram, the new understable fairway is finally on its way to the tester team. The Lace line-up is solid, I just wish they could mimic those discs in the 10-11 speed range.

I briefly tried a ridge, but couldn't get *ANY* distance out of it. For putting and short approach it worked ok for me.

The medium Lace worked great for me as a FH bomber, until it broke in and became real finicky. However, it now seems to work quite well for me as a BH driver.

inthedrift said:
money 21 said:
money 21 said:
surge
xs
hornet
magnet

I am back to an almost all vibram after this weekend. have had good success with it I like the firm rubber the best as it beats in some. the o-lace is a fh bomber. the unlace I only like in the glow other wise it unusable flippy for me. looking forward to the valley.