• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] OS putter

Best OS putter

• Aviar 3/x3

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Zone

Votes: 38 32.5%
  • Rat/other OS innova

Votes: 11 9.4%
  • Harp

Votes: 27 23.1%
  • Scale/stego

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • A1

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters
Could you give me a quick but thorough head to head of the rhyno vs. Tank please. Ive been intrigued by the tank but haven't tried it yet. Or is it tank is to rhyno as mortar is to gator?

The Tank is a beadless Rhyno. Production runs are soft and hard pro plastic. There are limited Recon/Champ runs for the Nick Hyde Memorial.

I chose other. Right now I am bagging a c-line P3. I am really liking the P3 over my s-line P2 because of the added glide. I also like how the P3 feels in the hand for forehand shots. It is quickly becoming a go-to for upshots and some drives.

Harp pairs nicely with the Colt. Harp for OS lines, Colt for straight to turnover lines. Both fit my FH grip well.

If I only carried one putter it would be something between the Harp and Cold - Wizard, beaded Aviar, Clutch, Envy, etc.

Other OS innova, I throw RPro Pigs
I highly recommend you try out a (Stiff) Pro Pig from the Factory Store. They all come flat topped/concave. They're stiff but still grippy. I still bag a beat up R-Pro Pig. I can't wait until I have a beat in (Stiff) Pig. Unlike Tour Series discs these Pigs are pretty much always in stock.
https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/pro-pig-stiff.html

Ryan Bretell is deadly with Pigs.

If you're going to take the time to make a pole, at least take the extra minute to write out the options in a way that make sense. You've got "Aviar 3/x3" (2 discs that are quite different in stability) and then "Rat/other OS innova" (where Innova makes several other discs in this category and the Aviar3 and AviarX3 also fit in "other OS innova"). The Scale and Stego are nothing alike so why group them? If you want to make a pole where you asked which company's OS putters people prefer, then you could have gone with Innova, Discraft, RDG, etc., but as it is this pole makes no sense. I voted "Other" because I refuse to group my Pigs with the Rat. The Rat is probably okay, but from what I've seen, it's not in the same stability range as a Pig.

If you're going to take the time to make a pole, at least take the extra minute to write out the options in a way that make sense. You've got "Aviar 3/x3" (2 discs that are quite different in stability) and then "Rat/other OS innova" (where Innova makes several other discs in this category and the Aviar3 and AviarX3 also fit in "other OS innova"). The Scale and Stego are nothing alike so why group them? If you want to make a pole where you asked which company's OS putters people prefer, then you could have gone with Innova, Discraft, RDG, etc., but as it is this pole makes no sense. I voted "Other" because I refuse to group my Pigs with the Rat. The Rat is probably okay, but from what I've seen, it's not in the same stability range as a Pig.

Same Went Other as well as Pig is able to be used as a Putter too unlike the Glide-less and or Shallow putters Innova makes on the board. AviarX3 has both and the Rat is Shallow but has glide less glide then most putters Innova makes but way more then a true glide-lass putter. Pig was made to be the more OS complement to a Rhyno back in 2008 when the Pig came out. Some players use a Pig for a longer approach/putt and or a windy day putter especially if they use a Rhyno.

Last edited:
It's fine at this point. But having two Innova options, Innova other, and Other, is a bit confusing.

"Best" OS putter depends on what you use it for.

In my experience, Zone is the most 'purely' OS, meaning absolutely no turn and serious biting fade. When you need an absolute turd/brick/meathook, a concave Zone is tough to beat. I'm not saying that I've tried every mold on the list, but that's because I stopped trying other options when I realized how well the Zone covers those shots.

Rat is a fine disc but in a slightly different category, more of a Stable/OS that flies gentler lines...but still very resistant to high speed turn. Aviar3 and AX3 seem to fit into this category as well, Aviar3 being even a little straighter still. It's funny, seems like Innova has been trying to make a Zone clone over the past year or two. However, they just haven't gotten OS enough to really match the Zone. But during that process, they've really populated their slightly OS/stable beadles throwing putter selection.

Zone is not a putter. This needs to stop.

well it says 'Putt and Approach' on the disc. If the manufacturer wants to call it a putter isn't it a putter?

Same as most of the list really. Harp, Rhyno... I guess the Rat and AviarX3 are in a similar?