• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Overrated things about disc golf

Actually this post is about things that are overrrated. The higher end plastics are overrated. Not bad but overrated.
My second DX disc that I bought got all beat up due to lack of skill. I have several different types of plastic now, including DX, and several of the DX I have had for longer than my second DX disc. All the discs I have are in good condition due to the fact that my skills have improved not due to better plastic.
Remember, I did not say that the higher end plastics were worthless, just overrrated.

If you combine this post with the post about heavily wooded courses being overrated then I would agree with both of them. However, where there are a ton of trees all over the fairway even the best disc golfer is going to hit some of them and to have your discs survive you need premium plastic.

Sand burrs are overrated. I know they're they're not that highly rated in the first place, but still.

everything other than your straight midrange of choice, be it buzzz, roc, QMS, or whatever. Play a round with it as your only disc and be amazed at how little you miss everything else.

Overrated

- getting high on the course.
- the latest, greatest, must have disc (not just the fastest).
- ditto camouflage (fly dye) discs
- Hudson Mills Monster Hole #14: 1000+ ft from the pro, narrow fairway with thick thorny crap on the sides.
- Hole 2 at the Farm (or any other hole where you have to throw 250 ft over water).
The whole course at "the Farm." waste of nine good baskets - layout is a joke.
- Ace Pools
- Guys who can throw 400 ft, but can't hit a 15ft putt
- I'm undecided about dimples...

everything other than your straight midrange of choice, be it buzzz, roc, QMS, or whatever. Play a round with it as your only disc and be amazed at how little you miss everything else.

You might be onto something there...

Playing in shorts is overrated. I'd rather have sweaty legs than torn skin and poison ivy. Ditto on the sand burrs by the way.

This thread is great!

- getting high on the course.
- the latest, greatest, must have disc (not just the fastest).
- ditto camouflage (fly dye) discs
- Hudson Mills Monster Hole #14: 1000+ ft from the pro, narrow fairway with thick thorny crap on the sides.
- Hole 2 at the Farm (or any other hole where you have to throw 250 ft over water).
The whole course at "the Farm." waste of nine good baskets - layout is a joke.
- Ace Pools
- Guys who can throw 400 ft, but can't hit a 15ft putt
- I'm undecided about dimples...

Frowning down at the farm is overrated! I love that course, those water holes are really nice due to their escape routes. I can birdie from the pro or par for the am. It's great for night golf too. Play pros in daylight, ams at dusk:) why doesn't anyone like this course. I've been to many of the same courses as you so you'd think have similar course taste? If you ever want to give the course another shot, let me know:).... Also I very very rarely play # 14 from pro, but I prefer it (not trying to disagree)! It usually gives me a stroke advantage on my friends and I don't throw big D. Just think of your first toss as creating a better tee (go over the first part of the woods)

Also:
throwing longer than most holes measure
aces (especially multiple throws)
stuck up players
bug spray
thorns and those pricker balls ( especially small green)
skate shoes for dg
players that only play at one course
turbo putting
straddle putt
jump putt
telling new players to watch Dan beato if they don't know about bent arm
stabillity ratings

This thread is great!

I think you saying this officially makes this thread overrated. Not sure though.

Tournaments are overrated, but I am just saying that so none of y'all show up and I win. (I actually really enjoy tournaments)

On the whole, in comparison to the salaries of top tier athletes in the major sports, nothing is Disc Golf is really overrated.

People who didn't design a wooded course who cut down trees to make it easier on themselves. Well, not 'cut down' so much as 'I'll bend this f@#ker over until it breaks'. Come to think of it, these people belong in the DB thread as well.