• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] overstable roc

Alright, what the hell happened to the picture that I posted? Mods? Do you have an answer?

they have you on lock down for past infractions.....the modbot just assumes all of your pics are obscene....I am very interested in this overstable mold you are talking about...Ive been looking for an overstable roc...something champ or special blend and if theres a specific ranch star mold I want it

Pic Chain Addicted tried to post

20090710_0193.jpg

I'm finding the Vector to be the slightly more overstable Roc that I never had. It's definately harder to turn (unless you OAT it) and it fades more. But it's not slow like some of the other heavy beaded or big blunt nosed mids out there. It doesn't sacrifice distance like alot of overstable mids do.

And it's not 20-30 bucks, either...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22
Sentinel MF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subicon
Brand new KC Pro Rocs are fairly stable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chain-addicted
Your best bet is to find a 2009 USDGC Thrower Roc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbosprint
Lat 64 Pain flies like a stable Roc. And in premium plastic that lasts.

I agree with these. KC Pro Roc is your cheapest option, Champ Roc (Rancho Mold) are great but tend to be pricey and tricky to run down. Failing that, Q Sentinel MF and Lat. 64 Pain are very Roc-like in premium plastic and not as pricey.

Oh, and a lot of pros used to carry a Champ Shark for this since they were more readily available than Champ Rocs. They are OOP now though.

I agree with all of this with the exception of never having thrown a Pain. A Discraft MRX is also a slightly more overstable Roc, but are also OOP.

they have you on lock down for past infractions.....the modbot just assumes all of your pics are obscene....I am very interested in this overstable mold you are talking about...Ive been looking for an overstable roc...something champ or special blend and if theres a specific ranch star mold I want it

I've thrown the roc CA is speaking of. It's crazy overstable and I want one. It is incredibly flat.

I've tried some star and champ ranchos and didn't like them, they seem to lack the glide that makes a Roc such a good disc.

Brand new 180g KC Pro Rocs are the way to go IMO. They should hold up to strong winds, anything more bust out a Pred/Firebird/XXX.

If you need something more durable that feels like a Roc, has glide and is very wind resistant, MVP Vectors are perfect for this slot. Easier than hunting down some rare run of Rocs and they glide well for champ style plastic. If you go this route get one a little flatter if you can, the real domey ones are probably a little more overstable than you're looking for.

Last edited:
I've thrown the roc CA is speaking of. It's crazy overstable and I want one. It is incredibly flat.

I've had that thing in the bag since I bought it. I am surprised that I havnt lost it yet (knocks on wood). If I lost it, it would be like losing my first born. You should have scooped that white one up from Skeet down at Winny Gold last week. I almost grabbed it.

i actually think the glow champ rocs are esp beefy. the glow hole 7's i throw if marked 180 are always over weight. think condor junior. the 2008 champ throwers or any 2009 star or champ are super beefy.

go gator, or go firebird into a headwind. rocs will flip if you mash them.

i'm going to say getting a 8x roc is the worst idea ever. it is probably stable but harder to get then a thrower 2001 CE roc.

Yup when i threw rocks, the kc pro were real beefy and had some glide. The champ ones i threw were really beefy but had no glide at all.

I would buy 2 max weight kc pro rocks. One to throw all the time and one for xtra windy conditions.

The only premium plastic rocs I've thrown that still have the glide a roc should have are the roc+ molds. I have it in champ and star and while the inside of the rim is kinda weird feeling, they fly great.

As for an overstable roc. You were right about the two max weight KC Pros. The only problem (or not) is after a couple weeks of playing they start straightening out. I've seen some people with drones in their bag with their rocs just to have something thats super overstable and will stay that way.

It seems like the disc is not the problem. I find it hard to believe that any roc would "flip" after only 150ft into a roller no matter how strong the wind. A good ol dx rancho should be plenty stable for most occasions.

You know, I recommended the DGA Shockwave, but to be honest, I haven't even thrown one. I bought it in Santa Cruz at this year's Worlds. I told a vendor that I was in the market for an overstable mid and he showed me the shockwave. Felt like an ESP Roc with less of a bead. I had a proline Rogue that I loved (and subsequently left at a field - curses!), so I was sold. But, I've suffered numerous injuries as of late, including a broken wrist and, as of Thursday, shoulder surgery, so I haven't thrown the 'wave, let alone anything else for a while now. If anyone would be so kind as to drop some knowledge on the subject, I would greatly appreciate it. If this is perceived as a thread thievery, my apologies in advance.

max weight dx or kcpro roc should hold up to any reasonable wind. otherwise it's a form issue.

It seems like the disc is not the problem. I find it hard to believe that any roc would "flip" after only 150ft into a roller no matter how strong the wind. A good ol dx rancho should be plenty stable for most occasions.
Many Rocs will flip that quickly. I have two that do

There is some debate regarding 12x KCs ...many swear these tend to be less stable....I tend to agree
I've noticed the same thing

i used to love my 12x kc pro roc, but it beat in decetly fast so i switched to my z hornet once my kc pro roc beat in to relitively staright, the hornet works great in the wind and has a similar feel to my roc, you can rip into it and it wont flip over, always hyzers out, if your lookin for i would recomend trying a z hornet only cost 14 dollars and you know its gonna be stable, you never know with a roc untill you throw it

Try a Wasp. I always loved new Rocs. But once they beat in they got flippy on me. I have had a Wasp in my bag for 1.5 years. Still throws like a new Roc.

Latest posts