• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] P2 psycho: who else loves it?

They're the same. I have both. One marked kcp2 and one pp2. Same same.

I sold fightingthetide the kp2 he has which were the first production run, and have felt a lot of pp2 marked recently as I was thinking of switching back and the plastic is not near the same those five kp2 I sold him were money pretty close to 11x kc pro they were absolutely the best run of kc pro type plastic I've felt in years.

Kinda wish I hadn't sold them lol!

Last edited:
Just got my first p2, a color glow c-line supreme flight stamped one. I recently switched to classic aviars for putting but they just aren't stable enough to drive/approach with in the wind or on a dogleg.

This p2 is just what the doctor ordered. I can throw it hard and it won't turn. We have a stiff wind here today and it didn't flip into the wind, and held pretty consistent lines in cross winds.

The feel in hand is really nice as well. Close enough to an aviar for me to be comfortable. VERY flat, almost to the point of feeling mildly puddle topped. Good firm champ plastic, with nice grip. It doesn't hurt that it looks real pretty as well!

I really like it. P2, thrashed aviar for approach, classic in the circle for me going forward.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 49
Lol, I was just searching for one of those to buy. Know a source by chance? I throw swirly s-p2's for most approaches, and I want to get one of these for the glow bag. I have heard the champ glows fly pretty close to the s line.

Also, those kcp2's do feel great. I use mcpro's for putting but I have considered a switch. Just waiting for the day I get to feel some in person before buying a few.

Y'all are making me want to get a P2 and try it out.

Must not touch wallet... must not touch wallet... must not touch wallet...

My local shop have just received a fresh shipment of D-Line P2's and I definitely want to check them out. Have anyone thrown very recent runs of the P2? How is the current D-Line blend? Stiff, yet grippy? Waxy?

Y'all are making me want to get a P2 and try it out.
Must not touch wallet... must not touch wallet... must not touch wallet...

I touched the wallet. Got two max wt. S-Line P2s. They are excellent approach discs, comfortable to throw, overstable (but not overly so), and resist wind fairly well. They have turned over in stronger winds... in which I should've thrown a Gator in the first place.

They're okay putting discs, but I doubt I'll get P2s in a baseline plastic for that purpose; the Warden is really solidifying as my putting putter. But for the next level of approaching the basket, the S-Line P2 is really great.

I *finally* got around to picking up a stack of d-line P2s. I picked up a stack of pna Aviars as well. They came in the same nice blend of DX, fairly stiff, medium grip, no wax. Felt really nice in the hand, it had a very slight velvety feel to it. I prefer the feel of the P2 over the Aviar, the slightly blunted nose of the P2 made the disc fit better in my hand somehow, and the disc released cleaner as well.

Inside the circle the P2 handled extremely well. It was more accurate for me than the Aviar with my current putting form. The Aviar had slightly more glide , the P2 were just dead straight with a tiny fade at the end of the flight. I didn't throw them a whole lot in the field, only a handful of throws with each mold. The P2 was unsurprisingly more stable than the Aviar, but it wasn't crazy hss nor did it fade a ton. The Envy was more hss for sure

As for durability, it's clear than d-line is a baseline plastic. Even tho this isn't the soft waxy dx from yesteryear, its still pretty easy to ding up the discs. I only used them for 2 * 20 minutes of putting practice and already I got some semi deep dings and cuts on a couple of the discs

Still loving my P2's but there have been some changes in plastics and how I use them.

First setup: P-line for putting, S-line for driving & upshots
-> added D-line for straighter shots
-> unbagged old S-lines for being too slick
-> unbagged D-lines for some reason
-> bagged never, softer S-lines for better grip
-> started throwing my oldest, super beat P-line P2 for straight upshots & drives

I've always thought P-line is the worst plastic for driving but it's actually really nice! I really started to hate my old S-line P2's. Really firm and slick plastic. Too overstable and takes forever to beat in.

I've always thought P-line is the worst plastic for driving but it's actually really nice! I really started to hate my old S-line P2's. Really firm and slick plastic. Too overstable and takes forever to beat in.

I'm still loving my S-Line P2s, but one of these days I'm going to get a P-Line P2 and see if it will make me hate the S-Line discs...

The s line in my bag has finally worn enough to stop changing in flight much. It lost enough HSS that I have to be careful flicking it to avoid too much turn, but back hand my confidence on drives has gone through the roof. They have lost just enough that they don't fade out early like when new, but they still handle wind and torque like I need. Back to my rhyno's for most flicks.

I'm putting with the P-Line right now, I got some pretty bad luck with waxy/soft D-line so I switched over. Pretty slick, but the glide and stability are for sure closer to D than S-line. Stiffness is way better than D-line, but it's still not as firm as other hard base/pro plastics out there, I wish they ran a hard KP2 style run again.

Anyone pitting with the p line?

I'm using the P-Line P2's with the wings stamp. The current P-Line plastic is very McPro like. It is is stiffer than the D-Line with good grip. I plan on ordering more as they are my go to putter now.

I putt and do up shots with P P2. Also bag a S P2 for up shots. I will sidearm and backhand both.

the anny/hyzer sidearm P2 to get around/through/out of trouble has saved so many strokes.

Not having a super easy time finding white D or p-line P2s.

Anyone have a source?

Thanks for the tip

Too bad they aren't max weight, but looks like not a lot of options.

Last edited: