• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] P2 psycho: who else loves it?

I picked up an S-line today and have to say I was pleased with the results. I am used to being able to hyzer flip my McPros a little bit, so it took some time to get used to how well it held the hyzer angle. Once I dialed it in, it flew super straight with a little bit of fade at the end. I think it will be a great driving putter when I want to have a straighter finish than my trusty champ Rhyno (which will never leave the bag)

I've got a seasoned first run S P2 that's a gem. It has a good amount of HSS and LSS despite its age. It's much more accurate for me than Judges - easier to gauge distance, more forgiving, and more reliable if the wind picks up.

Also, I'm enjoying putting with my KC P2s. They are a touch less grippy than I am used to, but they are plenty stiff and seem like they will hold up well as they wear in. Still wondering if anyone else is using these and what their thoughts are with these for putts and drives. And are these much different than production P P2s?

If you want more of the same run call discgolf values that's where I got the ones you have they prolly have some from the same run they had a bunch of white rainbow stamps like the ones I sent you.

I just love my S-P2 for driving. New ones are nice stable to overstable and older have some nice turn,but are still stable enough for hyzers. I have been breaking one for over a yeaee now. It has lost the HSS but has nice fade at the end still. It's pretty straight flyer now. Most of my hole in ones are made with these discs. When new,my yellow ones are more overstable than my white one. Have you has same experiences with them? What is the most overstable color?

I asked from innova about the P-line markings. Acconding to them it's the same plastic,even if others are marked P-P2 and KC-P2. I have both markings on my P-lines and they do feel the same.

I use D-P2's for putting, but was wondering about switching to P-P2's as I'm ordering new putters. I've never tried KC Aviars, but I understood that P-P2's have same plastic, and it should be stiffer and less grippy than D-P2, at least as new? Am I right? What about the durability and does the P-P2 get grippier over time? I like my D-P2's but they could be bit stiffer. But I don't want anything less grippy...

P-p2 have a little better grip than kc aviars IMO never thrown a d-p2 so I can't compare those for you.
For how stiff the p p2 is the grip isn't bad at all.

The P2 and McPros are very similar.

That's my current putter setup (GASP). The first time I've felt more confident with a putter other than the challenger.

The noses on P2's and McPro's are slightly different, and I think the McPro's have a tad more stability...so they compliment each other really nicely by having a similar feel. I can pull out the P2 for more touch anhyzers, float shots, uphill or long putts that need more glide, etc.

Beadless and stiff putters are my new favorite thing...

That's my current putter setup (GASP). The first time I've felt more confident with a putter other than the challenger.

The noses on P2's and McPro's are slightly different, and I think the McPro's have a tad more stability...so they compliment each other really nicely by having a similar feel. I can pull out the P2 for more touch anhyzers, float shots, uphill or long putts that need more glide, etc.

Beadless and stiff putters are my new favorite thing...

That's interesting. P2s by nature are more overstable than McPros, which are by nature more or less stable (straight).

Are your P2s really beat-in?

P2s are Big Bead Aviars without the bead...literally. McPro Aviars are Aviar PnA's made in KC plastic.

Looking to pick up a couple more D-Line P2s if anyone has some laying around
Looking for white, 172g+ I'd also want to try and S-Line if that's available too.
Thanks

Speaking of S-Lines, I used to have a champystar red that had a tall shoulder (flat on top) that was beefy! I had overlap with my Rhyno at the time. It was almost too uncomfortable to throw because it was so tall.

That's interesting. P2s by nature are more overstable than McPros, which are by nature more or less stable (straight).

Are your P2s really beat-in?

P2s are Big Bead Aviars without the bead...literally. McPro Aviars are Aviar PnA's made in KC plastic.

Interesting. I'm throwing a D-line P2 so I should have clarified there, they'll be a little more drifty than P- or S- lines.

The only thing I'll say is I don't think McPro's are P&A's in KC Pro plastic...at least not in the current iteration of P&A's. They have a slightly different nose which is more like the Aviar P&A's made in the 90's. I didn't really buy this...until I was shown an old 90's Aviar side by side with my McPro.

I'm far from an expert, especially in terms of OOP discs, but that's the info I was shown :\

Interesting. I'm throwing a D-line P2 so I should have clarified there, they'll be a little more drifty than P- or S- lines.

The only thing I'll say is I don't think McPro's are P&A's in KC Pro plastic...at least not in the current iteration of P&A's. They have a slightly different nose which is more like the Aviar P&A's made in the 90's. I didn't really buy this...until I was shown an old 90's Aviar side by side with my McPro.

I'm far from an expert, especially in terms of OOP discs, but that's the info I was shown :\

Hey you could be right. My info is what I heard, not what I've seen. I probably should have clarified that.

Bump. So i searched and couldnt find any other threads on the p2. I recently went back to my old d p2's after using the soft warden since it came out. I feel more confident with the p2 now,idk why..maybe just a new putter build confidence in my putts. It feels better than i remember it before. Slightly concave and still nice and semi os even though the pair of p2's i have ,are seasoned. Ive had these for a few years though,how are current run p2's? Grippy? Still os?

How about the current run of s p2's?

I dont hear much chatter on them around here(dgcr)

The Paul McBeth Signature P2 I bought from the Discmania store seems to be a bit lower profile than my older S-P2. Really nice run IMO. Mine yellow for what it's worth.

I had a light green D-line P2 3-4 years ago. Good putter, had it in the bag only briefly, but I remember hitting some long putts with it. Current runs? Don't know, never see it in stores where I live. Innova DX blend changes often, and I'm sure the same goes for Discmania. Never tried or handled S-line P2.

I talked to Rarintal at worlds this last weekend and he said the McBeth sig. P2's are more overstable than prior P2 runs. I also got some team stamped P-P2's that are a little chalky and are pretty stiff, totally awesome!

Appreciate the info everyone,im going to have to pick up a new s line. So far im digging the p2's fpr putting duties ,my putting feels better and building confidence.

As ive been browsing the p2's... Any tried the g line p2? Hows the sta ility when new and how are they breaking in?

Appreciate the info everyone,im going to have to pick up a new s line. So far im digging the p2's fpr putting duties ,my putting feels better and building confidence.

As ive been browsing the p2's... Any tried the g line p2? Hows the sta ility when new and how are they breaking in?

My friend got one. They seem to fly more like D-line P2's than S-line. More glide and less overstability when compared to S-line.

more talk about p2's pl0x.

i'm worried i'll be overlapping too much with my polecats, but oh well.

i just snagged a nice black p-p2 and i do agree that it feels almost as stiff as kc pro, but definitely not quite there.

gstar would probably be amazing. d-lines and g-lines are just straight shooters?

Yes, D and G-Lines are both relatively straight. D has the most distance potential IMO due to the glide. Good HSS and little fade make them really nice driving putters. I prefer the S-line for driving as it's a little more overstable.