• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] P2 psycho: who else loves it?

Noahlearner

Par Member
Just got my first s-line psychos and I'm shocked how much I like it. I have used a variety of aviars in dx, and kcpro. I have also enjoyed SSS wizards too. There is something sick about this disc though. It drives awesome of tee and throws really reliably. The shape is kind of a slightly smaller diameter than the aviar with a much sharper rim that is a shallower depth.

Consistent flight, with reliable late fade = a real confidence boost.

I am in love. Anyone else?

I agree its got a great flight. Made a 170' Eagle deuce with mine last year. Handles wind solidly without being overly beefy.

I love them. They're really very similar to an Aviar P&A, though. What Aviars are you comparing them to?

I've been looking for an s-line in the MP for a while but they are hard to find. I wanna try one really bad.

I've been looking for an s-line in the MP for a while but they are hard to find. I wanna try one really bad.

There's one for sale on Reddit for $12: http://www.reddit.com/r/discexchange/comments/1a1vim/fsot_discmania_throwers/

The thread is 6 months old, though, so who knows if it's still for sale...

I think it's a fantastic disc. I have a black S-P2 that's pretty overstable, a yellow S-P2 that's straight, but won't turn over, and I had a beat D-P2 that I was using for turnovers, but I cracked it on a tree at Hornet's Nest last week.

More stable Aviar off the tee. Awesome discs in all plastics. Really like the D-Line ones though. Really nice. I bet the S-Lines would be really awesome off the tee. Especially if you like a beadless aviar and you're looking for a KC Aviar or BB Aviar stability.

Id say its a deeper rim than an aviar

I always heard they were PnAs with a nose spacer so I agree with you.

I liked the D-Line I had, but it didn't really do anything for me that I wasn't already doing with other molds. It doesn't help that I never really bonded with any Aviar but the one that cracked on me.

I love them. I keep between 3 to 5 in the bag. 3 P's, one for putting. One for turnovers. And one new one for stable drives. One D for long putts/jump putts. And one S if a have a lot of wind.

And who knows how many more just sitting around lol

I'm one of them who love P2s. Proto stiff D-line for putting, bead D-line for long putts and turnover, S-line for short drive and upshot. Nobody in my area carries them, so I'm glad to hear that P2 is given some love at least.

I got one to tryto replace a bb avian/rhyno for driving but I couldnt get use to how deep the rim was. Im use to kc aviars off the ree and the rim on these or just so deep. Other than that the flight on these things are great.

I enjoyed playing around with an S-Line for driving when I had one about a year back. Never really liked the way it felt in my hand, it was really stiff.

I liked the P2 for putting, but like was mentioned, the rim depth felt foreign, and I had trouble getting accurate, clean releases.

I never putted with P2's but they make an excellent driver. The P2 has great high speed stability and very little low speed fade. This disc is awesome in D plastic and is easy to cycle if you like to carry multiple driving and upshot putters.

Everyone references the P2 as having a really deep rim, but it's worth noting the proto (d-line stamped) P-Lines were flat as hell. Those are pretty sweet.

Id say its a deeper rim than an aviar

The P2 and McPros are very similar. And imo, theyre just as deep as a BB but the bb feels lower profile for most because it looks lower profile due the bead. Ive set them all side by side , PP2, KCP Aviar, McPro, they all appeared to be the same height

I've got a few KC P2s (marked KP2) that I am using for putts. Wondering if they are durable enough for driving too. Anyone thrown these long enough to tell?

Also, is there any difference in plastic stiffness or feel between the "KP2" run and the production run of P-Lines? I assume the production runs are not marked KP2...I have none to compare.