• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paige and Prodigy 0-1

Good on 'em for that! That's what it will take for dealers like us to keep this measly 50 discs on the shelf for longer than 10 minutes or to make it remotely worth the time in creating new product entries.

For reference, what's typical stock on a new release? Like how many Saints or Volts did you get on release day?

If it weren't for a freak occurrence on the first tee of the finals, Elaine would have also beaten PP too. She stepped on a root in her run up, tried to stop her momentum and the disc flobbled out of her hand, sticking her in a horrible spot. I caddied for Elaine most of the day, during second round, she was flawless on the front. getting par where par was good, and birdie where birdie was good. She extended her lead. Courtney came on strong to finish the round, catching her on the last 4 holes before the finals.
The safari six was not conducive to keeping momentum, because they had to play 3 holes, take a 90 minute break, then play a hole, take another break then play two more. It was grueling. I walked 11 miles yesterday at that place.
Didn't want these actual facts to get lost in the usual grousing about new discs and prices. I was also at the tourney watching (played Am event 2 weeks ago) and briefly followed the women's lead card.

For those questioning the Prodigy disc use by the sponsored pros, there was a lot of branded gear being worn and most if not all of the drivers thrown by those players were Prodigy branded. They were throwing some great, big shots with them. Though I attribute much of that to their talents and skill, I have bought a D4 to try out for myself.

The cynic in me gave up a while back on buying every new thing. In this case, from the way they have presented the company as giving a better stake to the pro players, to the nice people I have met personally who are involved/invested (Charlie B.), I want them to succeed. If that means buying a disc or two and giving them a shot, I'm in.

Good on 'em for that! That's what it will take for dealers like us to keep this measly 50 discs on the shelf for longer than 10 minutes or to make it remotely worth the time in creating new product entries.

Just out of curiosity, why would you WANT these discs to stay on the shelf? Seems like the quicker they sell, the better for you.

Didn't want these actual facts to get lost in the usual grousing about new discs and prices. I was also at the tourney watching (played Am event 2 weeks ago) and briefly followed the women's lead card.

For those questioning the Prodigy disc use by the sponsored pros, there was a lot of branded gear being worn and most if not all of the drivers thrown by those players were Prodigy branded. They were throwing some great, big shots with them. Though I attribute much of that to their talents and skill, I have bought a D4 to try out for myself.

The cynic in me gave up a while back on buying every new thing. In this case, from the way they have presented the company as giving a better stake to the pro players, to the nice people I have met personally who are involved/invested (Charlie B.), I want them to succeed. If that means buying a disc or two and giving them a shot, I'm in.

i am wondering if they just died or stamped the Prodicgy logo on other companies discs? either way no biggie.

You know it is great seeing Kourtney back out playing. She showed up huge at Worlds last year. Girlie is good!

Just out of curiosity, why would you WANT these discs to stay on the shelf? Seems like the quicker they sell, the better for you.
i am guessing he is saying that to be able to sell something you have to have it in stock. selling 50 is great selling 500 is greater. and of course as a retailer you have to strike while the fire is hot.
they are in demand now...who knows what the sell through will be like in another 4 or 5 months.

For reference, what's typical stock on a new release? Like how many Saints or Volts did you get on release day?
It depends on a lot of different factors. A more telling number is that we'd think nothing of throwing 50-100 of a new disc in the vault. Ya know, 1st Run Z-Nuke OSes arrive... ya never know, maybe this will be hot someday, let's throw 200 of 'em in a hole in the yard for the heck of it.

Well the problem is, I'd like to sell 50 every day for a while. THAT would be worth my time as the marketing guy. With 50 discs, we run more risk of disappointing customers than it's worth.
"Hey I just got this newsletter and you're sold out already, I'm mad!" ...
"I ordered the one 173 Blue at the same split-second as 38 other people, I'm mad!" ...
"I've been coming in your shop for YEARS and I'm here on release day and you don't have a Prodigy Disc for me, I'm mad!" ...
"You priced these higher than other people, you're terrible and I'm mad!" ...

And if I had to spend hours and hours creating product listings and marketing materials that would potentially sell (literally) tens of discs... I'd be mad.

honestly i could see some of the team struggling with the discs (once they have a full prodigy bag).

obviously they would have tested them before the public release, and approved them. however a lot of these guys had/have very specific bags, with very specific plastic.

it would seem to me that prodigy can make more $ and keep their elite image by releasing everything in premium plastic. including mids and putters. well a lot of people dont like premium mids and putters.

so unless they are already testing base plastic in their roc knockoff and aviar/wizard/challenger copy, i could see some on the team having an issue.

This thread is beyond ignorant. Did she putt and approach with her prodigy drivers? And also Courtney is a hell of a player who is capable of beating any woman (and most dudes) on any given day.

I don't know if it has been written before on the thread but she shot over her rating on both rounds.
One was rated over 1000.
Not that bad for someone who just switched to new drivers.

So, I haven't read all the comments to this thread.
But it's silly anyway.
And yes I'm silly for responding as well.
:)

I think these topics are hilarious! I think we should start a topic every time a sponsored player doesn't come in first from every manufacturer from now on for every tournament. As a matter of fact if a sponsored player doesn't come in first I think they should be dropped from the team or even better yet.. the manufacturers should just go out of business because clearly their product in inferior. We could all make our own discs!!

The OP unfortunately belittles Courtney's accomplishment in playing so well. Did no one notice her 1000+ rated 2nd round?

On the topic of whether it is legal to use discs in play that are on the list but not publicly available, the 30 day rule only applies to the World Championships.

He could easily have re-upped at the tournament or just before. Membership database only gets updated once a week, and it ain't on Mondays.

In relation to Matty O....
Even though 350 people played :D and it looked bigger than most "A"-Tiers, it was a "B"-Tier - so he doesn't need to be a member to play and win.

By the way, I've played on the same card as Courtney over the last several years at my Events and believe me, she can and DOES kick alot of people's (male and female) ass - she is a very talented and determined golfer.

If it wasn't for being a 2 time Mama - she could possibly have been a 2 time (or more) World Champion. Nobody will ever know - but I wouldn't ever bet against her making it one day.

Keith

I don't believe a woman has yet won their Open World title after having children unless it was one of the early winners in the 80s.

I don't believe a woman has yet won their Open World title after having children unless it was one of the early winners in the 80s.

Any mother or father can tell you that

Little kids = less time to play disc golf. ESPECIALLY for a mom.

Congrats to Courtney, who I did not know of before today.

See my quote above.

1. Those are the technical specs to get on the PDGA Approved list.

2. Discs on the PDGA Approved list are legal for tournament play.

3. The D2 & D3 are on the Approved list and are, therefore, legal for tournament play.

Maybe they shouldn't be on the Approved list, but they are there.

The speculation is ignorant so I'll address an actual issue in the thread.

Apoth is right. the # in production is a precursor to approval, so if it's got the approved stamp it's good to go.

It does beg the question that if the members of Team Prodigy were using the D2 and D3, how would anyone competing against them be able to prove that there weren't 500 available?

This is like overweight, post production modified and failed flex test discs all over again, except a whole lot murkier.

Latest posts