• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paige Pierce To Discraft 2020

I don't think your premise is true. She got off to a slow start this year on tour and it was attributed to a lack of warm up events or preparation, but looking back at years prior, there was no slow start at all. Rather indicative of someone who did some sort of prep/practice in the off-season.

2018...won her first nine starts including an A-tier, two women's only B-tiers, two NTs, and three DGPT.

2017...won her first six starts including a major, an NT, and two DGPT.

2016...six wins and a bunch of seconds in the first half of the year (first non top 2 finish was in July). This was the year she was with Prodigy but wanted out from Prodigy so she wasn't all that motivated, yet still started the year very solidly.

Not a notoriously slow starter or poor preparer at all that I can see.

I´m not saying she is a "slow starter" she is the type of player that can play quite well and still win even if she have not thrown a disc in months

But now she need to re-brand herself and make a new bag. . plus learn a totally new putter
that´s alot to learn in a short time. . and she might have to cut down on other things like "Disc Golf Tourist"

Will she do all that? hope so

I took her some time last year ro dial in her putt...and now she need to start over again

Last edited:
I´m not saying she is a "slow starter" she is the type of player that can play quite well and still win even if she have not thrown a disc in months

But now she need to re-brand herself and make a new bag. . plus learn a totally new putter
that´s alot to learn in a short time. . and she might have to cut down on other things like "Disc Golf Tourist"

she's very likely been throwing the stuff for months already... it's almost like being a pro disc golfer is a JOB or something...

late here and a to tired to think . . .

Does any Discraft Elite player play with a Cart? . . looks like most of them have a Grip EQ bag ( do they have to use Grip? )

Paige uses a Cart. . can she do that with Discraft?

Wow she have a new webshop with discs and other stuff. . and a new loggo

Wonder how close to a Deputy that test flight PP Putter will be

I would imagine not too far off... she'll (try to) get the best parts of the Deputy and discard the parts she might not've liked. It actually should turn out very well. I hope so, at least. :thmbup: :popcorn:

That's three months. That still seems really, really fast to me. They have to make a mold, get it into the production schedule, etc. Unless it's a "lets slap existing mold pieces together and see what we get" disc it just strikes me as a really fast process.

It's very possible they already had the basics of what she wanted, so it wasn't hard getting things together. They've also done that past work for Paul, so maybe Paige liked something that came out of that prior 'research'.

O she got the "Tour Series Buzzz" . . .What did Nate think of that?

He's not touring and playing a lot anymore. He might play the occasional tourney but he's pretty much retired from DG and making beer full time. I bet he's fine with it. He understands he's not going to be relevant to sales anymore.

Based off what she said on the podcast and on discraft's website it sounds like she is going to be making some significant money. I don't blame her - it sounds like an offer she just couldn't pass up.

"but with some of our new additions, it could be considered the largest disc golf contract in history". Pretty wild.

So she never signed a contract or anything in her years at DD. . .how did she get payed?!?

I never had a job where i did not have to sign something to get a paycheck

So she never signed a contract or anything in her years at DD. . .how did she get payed?!?

I've been self-employed for 22 years. Some contractors I do work for want a contract but several don't. Some of the biggest projects I have done had no contract.

She didn't sign a 3-year commitment, similar to how I didn't sign a time-based commitment when starting my job.

Latest posts