• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Paul Mcbeth Luna review

No but I ordered 2 last night because I had nothing better to do with $50. I wanna see what all the fuss is about.

2nd round with the Z Swirl Luna today. . got my first ACE in over a year with it :)

I think it flies close to a CryZtal but the CryZtal have a little better grip
To me the CryZtal and the Proto is "the best" Lunas. . but i do like the Z Swirl and ESP as well

My 3 tour series Lunas arrived Friday but due to the tropical storm, I didn't get out to throw them.

All 3 a little different in how they turned out - clear one is gummy and flatter, red one is stiff with a bit of some, and yellow is right in the middle. All are labeled 173-174 so I can't wait to see how each one flies due to the differences.

I was putting with first run Lunas the last couple of weeks and received a pair stock runs (black with black camouflage stamp) yesterday. Completely different plastic. I'll test them today.

Got my 2 in the mail today. Both are 3 to 4 grams heavier than listed but man do they feel nice in my hand. Hopefully test them out tomorrow before work.

Anybody know what the tour series plastic is like? Is it just ESP or it's own blend? Have mine on the way!

It's swirly Z. Nice and grippy.

Got my tour series Luna today! Beautiful disc. Feels awesome in the hand.
I will say that it's my first time throwing a Luna, and I'm only intending on using it as a throwing putter. It's certainly not as stable as I expected... Anyone else feel that way? I'd rate it as a 3,4,-1,2.
Pretty glidey for sure. It was also a little bit windy too, so take that into consideration.

Attachments

• F43B5C0D-F938-4037-8E7A-959444EFD0FE.jpg
    F43B5C0D-F938-4037-8E7A-959444EFD0FE.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 34
Got my tour series Luna today! Beautiful disc. Feels awesome in the hand.
I will say that it's my first time throwing a Luna, and I'm only intending on using it as a throwing putter. It's certainly not as stable as I expected... Anyone else feel that way? I'd rate it as a 3,4,-1,2.
Pretty glidey for sure. It was also a little bit windy too, so take that into consideration.

The Luna is not even close to as stable as the numbers on it says. . .But the Z Swirl is still one of the more stable Lunas
I would say 3,4,0,1 for the ESP. Z Swirl and CryZtal with the CryZtal closest to 3,4,0,2

The flip market on TS Swirl Z Lunas is slowing down a tad, but the Cryztal and ESP and Big Z and POY flip market is CRAZY.
I had one Cryztal 5x Luna and I've thrown a couple of the TS Lunas.
The TS Luna is noticeably more stable, glides maybe a tad less. Admittedly the sample size is small.
Threw it into a breezy headwind and it flipped up, landed and skipped straight. A very impressive birdie in the wind.
My Cryztal was meh for me, but I'm bagging the TS.

The Swirly Z Luna has been awesome. It became the single most important disc in the bag and I can throw effortless 200-250ft laserbeams. In terms of stability it is between the ESP and Crystal imo. The ESP is the most OS i have tried to date. For flight numbers the Swirly Z is a 3/4/0/2 for me at least. I will be buying another one asap when they are available again.

I got a few swirly TS Lunas in this week. They just keep gliding and are very straight. May end up replacing Ions as my throwing putters.

Would really like a Tour McBeezle Luna vs Big Z Roach comparison.

Would really like a Tour McBeezle Luna vs Big Z Roach comparison.

Pretty darn similar. I got a sweet swirly pink Z Luna at the shop the other day cuz I'm such a fanboy. I've actually wanted a premium Luna for a while but wasn't gonna pay aftermarket price for one. I've thrown it a bit and it's not as stable as I expected. Pretty straight and glidey like a Big Z Roach, gonna say 3/4/-.50/1.50. Plastic is sweet and it will flip up and glide nicely with a mild finish. Gonna bag it for a while but I don't think it's an Envy killer for me.

Same for me, I picked up 2 Z Lunas but the Envy is untouchable at this point still. I also thought the Luna would be more OS. If I could've got a Ledgestone Roach I would've tried one over the Luna. Mcbeth got my money instead.

The Cryztal Z Roach has a bit less glide than a Cyztal Z Luna and a bit less stability.
The TS Z Luna is a bit more stable still.
In my experience, the best Roach is still the Big Z for glide and hyzer-flips,
The Cryztal Z Roach is by far the most stable Roach and needs more power and doesn't like to flip up. Maybe if it gets beat in a little.

Haven't tried the ESP Luna or the Big Z Luna.
But the Cryztal Z Luna was a tad less stable than the TS Z.
Wouldn't throw either anything more than a very light breeze or CW

Envy is still the best throwing putter for me, although I throw a Z Ringer for the stability.

Picked up a TS Z Luna a few weeks back and it has become my main backhand approach disc. Shots I was shorting with my JK Aviar on a standstill throw are now laying under the basket. Quite similar to a Roach but a touch more glide.

Tour Z Luna flight...what do y'all think of it so far? I was super excited about the release, they look awesome and are much easier to get than previous runs. I'm frustrated and confused by how it flies so far though.

Compared to Cryztal 5x, the tour Z feels super angle and speed sensitive. It doesn't fight turn but also doesn't want to hold straight. I'm getting all the fade of a Shield or P2 but none of the torque resistance. In headwinds I actually trust the less stable CryZtal more because it will predictably flip up and over, whereas the tour Z is a wild card.

Best way to summarize I guess is I'm getting low HSS and high LSS, one of my least favorite combos.

Got a sweet clear tour series Luna, throwing it to the disappointment of some. I throw 330' backhand distance with a tendency to hyzerflip for reference.

Exactly what I bought it to be. I would flight number it at 3/4/0/2. Glide is good, flies just as far as my hyzerflipped Fuzion Deputy, was worried I wouldn't get the same distance.

While the Deputy pops up to flat and goes straight no matter how much hyzer I put on it, the Luna is better about doing what I tell it to. I can get mostly straight flight with a steady swooping fade in the last 20% of the flight, something I couldn't get from the Deputy. I can put a moderate amount of anhyzer on it and have it turn just a bit but finish dead straight. I can really lean back on it and get it to turn a while but still finish at the very end. If I throw it with hyzer, it is still a putter and wants to go straight but it will glide gently left the whole way.

So just very workable and reliable. With a Deputy you cannot throw it into any kind of head wind no matter what. The TS Luna allows me to still throw a putter when I need to and use the headwind to work my angle as needed.

Attachments

• 20200814_104525.jpg
    20200814_104525.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 48